Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
  • Site Announcements
  • OOC Plugs
  • Staff Updates
Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 01 01 00 02
Schnee Dust 00 00 00 00
Atlas Academy 06 07 00 13
Helios Academy 01 01 00 01
Anima Citizen 00 01 00 01
Haven Academy 06 09 00 15
Sanctum Academy 01 03 00 04
W. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Shade Academy 06 07 00 13
Shadow Academy 00 02 00 02
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 06 10 00 16
Signal Academy 00 00 00 00
White Fang 05 07 00 12
Assault Faction 01 01 00 02
Hunter 12 19 00 31
Menagerie 00 00 00 00
Totals 45 68 00 113
Members 21
Staff
Saskaadministrator
Chaosmoderator
Ayamoderator
Dorianmoderator
Marymoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Closed
New Poll

Facing the Doldrums, For Mercury
Emerald Sustrai
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 02:00 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

You've promised to care for me,
So I'll do the same for you.
Emerald sighed as she looked around the room. She, Cinder, and Mercury had been placed in a small wing of Salem's fortress. There were four bedrooms connected to a single living area, which was where the girl was now lounging. It was nice to have her own room after being stuck in the same room as Mercury and Neo during their infiltration of Beacon, but it did take some getting used to. She wasn't used to having all this time to herself, and without her two compatriots around, she was just getting so bored.

She didn't particularly like the fact that they were stuck in this place until further notice either. It was frankly creepy, and she missed being around other people. Even though it was nice not to have to worry about food or shelter, she needed something to do. She missed being able to go around the city, taking whatever she pleased without repercussions. It was wrong, she knew it was, but it was also a thrill. She tried not to use her Semblance too much during her thieving days; it was poor form to cheat to steal unless it was for something really good. It was so much more fun to use slight of hand.

She stood and walked over to the window, looking out at the Grimm spawning fields below. Life was so much more difficult when she wasn't working for Cinder, but it was also a lot more exciting. Since the fall of Beacon, she hadn't done anything fun, and it was starting to drive her nuts. She needed to get out there, to deal with people. She couldn't do anything about that, though. She was stuck inside, waiting for Cinder to need her. Eventually they'd get to do something new, but until then, she'd just have to keep bothering Mercury whenever he showed up.

She looked around the room, a small frown on her face. That reminded her; where was the boy?

^
Mercury Black
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 02:50 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Mercury was bored. Who could expect otherwise? Is that really what the months of planning and work was supposed to amount to? Sitting on their hands? The action had been so brief at the Fall of Beacon in proportion to the amount of time Mercury was being kept on virtual standby. It was annoying, there was so much more he could be doing. Mercury was well versed in the criminal underworld, he didn't think he'd have any problem finding information that could be helpful to their little ensemble. Apparently the risk of being caught was too high for them to risk. If it hadn't been for that Ruby girl no one would have even been able to connect Cinder, and thereby Mercury, to the Fall.

He needed something to do. Mercury knew he'd been recruited for his skills but. if he was supposed to just sit around, he'd just get restless and out of practice. It was time to find a distraction, he could always slaughter some Grimm to keep his combat skills sharp... there seemed to be no shortage of the beasts. That might upset Salem however and though he'd be loathe to admit it, Salem was the only person who'd ever scared him more than his father.

Mercury kicked the door of his sparsely decorated room open, only to find Emerald occupying the lounge outside his door. Speaking of distractions. "Heyyyy. So tell me, how does it feel to go from Master Thief Emerald to glorified interpreter? Hey I'm kidding, for real though. Being stuck here sucks. We should be allowed a field trip or something at least."

Mask
^
Emerald Sustrai
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 09:57 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

You've promised to care for me,
So I'll do the same for you.
Emerald rolled her eyes as Mercury arrived, though the sight of his stupid grin wasn't exactly unwelcome. She really had been bored and wanted something to do, and she was sure that messing with him could definitely help sate her appetite for activity, even if it was only temporary. She walked over to the sofa and flopped down on it, looking at him with a cool smirk. "How does it feel going from assassin to a supposedly permanently injured layabout?"

She looked out the window from her spot on the sofa, frowning at the view. All that surrounded them were spawning pools for Grimm of all shapes and sizes. Definitely not what she had wished to see when she first signed up for this job. She had hoped that at this point in her life she would be relaxing in her own home near the coast, piles of money so she didn't have to work, and stealing whatever she really felt like. She didn't sign up to bring about the end of the world, after all.

"A field trip would be nice. How about you go out there first and I'll follow if you don't get eaten?" She turned and looked back at the steely boy, still smirking. She couldn't let anyone know what was on her mind; especially not Salem. She didn't want to end up being tossed out of the safe fortress and into that mess. Plus, she knew that she couldn't leave Cinder's side. The woman needed her, and she was going to be there for anything that she needed.

^
Mercury Black
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 12:41 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

I'll run circles around ya,
I can touch the sky.
Mercury scoffed. Emerald always seemed to know the words to take him down a peg. However Mercury had never been much of a public face, taking Yang Xialong's punch in the Vytal Festival tournament had been a means to an end. An end that worked out quite nicely for their less-than-ragtag little organization. "Yet here I am, walking and just as lethal as ever. A modern miracle, eh. But I guess that will make my targets that much more surprised to see me me. Mercury leaned against the wall and levelled Emerald with an even gaze.

"Being on deck is lame, but I'm still an assassin. What are you, Emerald?

Mercury glanced towards the window. The Grimm were a nasty weapon, but he was mixed up with a nasty group of people who were using them as a weapon. He had his doubts however that anyone, even salem could really control a weapon like that. Grimm had never really scared him, but Salem... She scared Mercury. Every time he looked out that window he only saw one thing. The end of the world...

He could deal with that though. After all, he'd signed on for a job and one lesson he'd learned from his dad well was that you always finish the job. "While stretching my legs outside sounds nice, you know that's not what i meant. Why is it that we're benched, huh?"
Tags: Mask
^
Emerald Sustrai
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 01:16 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Kicking your ass is child's play; I hope you're not crushed by this ridicule.
Emerald just rolled her eyes at the boy's words. She knew that she wasn't doing much except helping Cinder practice with her new power nowadays, but at least she was doing something. He was quite literally being a lazy layabout; he couldn't even take jobs now that he was stuck here with them. Plus, he'd gotten caught by Ruby before they could leave Beacon, so it was known that he wasn't a nice guy, which meant that by extension, he'd blown her and Cinder's cover too. She still didn't know why he was part of their team. But, since he was, she would play nice and keep her concerns and frustrations to herself.

She looked out the window again, watching the Grimm below. They slowly meandered around, seemingly unsure as to where they were supposed to go. It was weird to see them like that; normally they were attacking her when she had them in her sights. But, it was interesting. Almost like looking through the bars at a zoo. Only, the animals at a zoo wouldn't kill you without a good reason. Grimm would kill you for breathing.

"We're here because they haven't found Spring yet. Once they do, we'll get sent out again," Emerald replied, her voice confident, though she really wasn't so. She assumed that was what Salem's plans were from what she'd heard in meetings, but there was no proof that it was accurate. Even Cinder didn't seem to know the exact details of what Salem wanted. It was a scary truth, but she was just rolling with it.

^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates

Chatbox