Push Menu State is
World of Remnant -> Unexpected Happenings
  • Staff
    Wanted Canons
    HIGH PRIORITY CANONS

MEDIUM PRIORITY CANONS

LOW PRIORITY CANONS
  • About Us
    World of Remnant is an AU, post-Volume 3 roleplay. Opened in February of 2016, World of Remnant diverges from the Volume 3 storyline around the Fall of Beacon, with storyline changes that drive our site in a different direction. We constantly update with new canons as they are revealed in the RWBY series, as well as lore updates as we learn more about Remnant's world. We boast an expanded lore and a dedicated administrative team that gives depth to Remnant for a roleplay perspective.

With an 18+ community, World of Remnant boasts an atmosphere of 'quality over quantity' in our apps, posts, and plots; we have no word count, though it is expected that members will post healthy and thorough posts without being locked down by the dreaded 'word count' of their post. With a simplified combat system that uses no stats, World of Remnant remains a story-focused, alternate-universe timeline with RWBY canons and a plethora of original characters.

Updates
    06.16.2018: We've added more than a few new things as of the past day or so! Make sure you check out the Advertising Contest, and while you're at it, take a look at our latest Site Newsletter. The newsletter has a lot of information that was added, so if you haven't checked it out, make sure you do so you're up to date on things!

06.07.2018: After much long and arduous work, World of Remnant has finally revealed its newest skin, called Let's Just Live. The new skin is part of a fresher, more advanced layout compared to our old layout, while still retaining the readability and contrast our other layouts were well-known for. There are three more skins planned for the next series: This Life Is Mine, featuring Weiss Schnee, Like Morning Follows Night featuring Blake, and Armed And Ready featuring Yang. We do not have any tentative release dates for these upcoming skins, but stay tuned for them regardless!

Current Time
    Remnant's current month is
    SEPTEMBER, YEAR 3
    The second term has begun at all academies, and after a short break between terms, students are gearing up to attend the 41st Vytal Festival. This year, it is hosted on the neutral island of Vytal, as opposed to being hosted in one of the four Kingdoms.
  • Credits
    Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited. JQuery tabbed code and toggle cbox code by Kismet.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Add Reply
New Poll

Unexpected Happenings, tag; oobleck

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Tian Redcliffe
 Posted on: Aug 13 2017, 06:55 PM

TAGGED
Shady
WORD COUNT
---
NOTES
you said to go ahead and tag you, so~ also as you can see by the post it's been retconned slightly. he's just joining staff now.
But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke On the noose around your neck And I'll find strength in pain And I will change my ways I'll know my name as it's called again
A number of things had unfolded that Tian hadn't expected. A short sigh escaped the blond as he looked over the rest of the encampment. It wouldn't be long now until he was supposed go on his next patrol, but he had a short rest for the moment at least. He was a little achy after getting back from his last mission, but it wasn't anything that he couldn't handle. For quite a long while now, he had been on his own on the road as a wandering huntsman and he was used to getting by on his own and pushing himself a little, but he knew when to quit. He wasn't at that point yet, and after resting a short while he'd be fine for a simple patrol, he figured.

Stretching his arms up above his head, Tian was still trying to come to grips with the fact that he was now - or would be soon - a teacher. When thinking of his future when he was still a student at Atlas, he never imagined that he would eventually end up teaching other kids himself. But...here he was, practically an official member of the Beacon staff. Soon, he would be starting lessons for Beacon students at Signal, while the academy was being rebuilt after the retaking effort. If all things went to plan, the school would be back up and running by the time the new school year rolled around. A small smile curved the very corners of his lips at the very idea. It still felt really weird to think about.

At the very least, it was regarding a topic that Tian had always held a very high interest in. Weapons. He enjoyed tinkering and finding ways to upgrade his own weapons, which was particularly fun with his semblance. Absentmindedly, one of his hands had moved to pet behind one of Cindy's ears, the dog sitting contentedly beside him where he sat, leaning slightly against one of his legs. The general hope right now seemed to be that the retaking effort would be over soon, and it looked very hopeful right now. They were gaining more and more ground and holding it. With any luck, sometime soon, Beacon would be Grimm-free.

[[hover over the gif for notes!]]

^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Bartholomew Oobleck
 Posted on: Aug 13 2017, 10:42 PM
In a blur of motion, one Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck had completed his latest of rounds of the encampment and now had been given permission to take his break. Grimm had not approached for some time, and the optimism and morale being kept as high as possible was not just to empower Huntsmen, but to keep Grimm away, for the beasts were drawn to negative emotions and feelings of despair would only bring swarms upon them.

"Ahhh, Mr. Redcliffe! Good to see you up!" Oobleck said in his usual upbeat and fast-paced speech. The man was not alone, a dog was seated there next to him. Oobleck remembered hearing of the man, he was to become a teacher soon, a position of great importance, indeed. Oobleck should know, as after his dabblings in archaeology the eccentric doctor knew it to be his true calling in life, to pass knowledge from himself to the new generation, and it was always good to see others share that vision. Perhaps. He'd find out. Oobleck took a long chug from his thermos. "So, I trust you have been well?"

TAG Tian Redcliffe
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Tian Redcliffe
 Posted on: Sep 18 2017, 07:26 PM

TAGGED
Shady
WORD COUNT
---
NOTES
---
But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke On the noose around your neck And I'll find strength in pain And I will change my ways I'll know my name as it's called again
Tian was lost in his thoughts and just the very weird and strange idea that he was a teacher now. Him. A teacher. It was never something he would have imagined until more recently. He could only imagine the looks that his old teammates would be wearing on their faces if they knew. Of course, he'd need to find them first for that to happen...and he wasn't counting on that at this point. He almost frowned as the thought passed through his mind, but he didn't let it show. He hadn't seen any of his teammates for years; for all he knew, they might not even be alive. The thought was unsettling, but it was something that he had considered before so it wasn't a strange thought to pop into his head.

The faunus almost startled as there was suddenly another presence beside him and a voice speaking up. A hand hovered in the air, partially on its way to his chest before Tian lowered it with a small amused breath. "Good to see you too, Doc," he replied casually, hoping that the shortened title would be okay with the older man. He was never typically one for formalities most of the time, but hey, at least he was using the correct title, right? Cindy perked up beside him as she noticed Oobleck, and her fluffy tail started to wag behind her, brushing up against Tian's leg.

Making a gesture to beside him for Oobleck to sit down if he wanted to, Tian cast the older male a small smile as he gave a shrug. "As well as I can be, given all of...this," he replied to the question, making a vague hand gesture to the camp and the remains of Beacon Academy. "But things are looking good for the retaking effort at least, right? After everything that happened here before, these kids need a little hope." His nose wrinkled slightly before he laughed, reaching a hand back to rub against the back of his neck. "Well that made me sound older than I am... But what about you?" he added, returning the question.

^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Bartholomew Oobleck
 Posted on: Sep 19 2017, 06:44 PM
Ah, good to know there were those who knew Oobleck was a Doctor, for that Ph.D was achieved by years of hard work, after all! But that wasn't especially important, right now. Mr. Redcliffe was in good spirits for the most part, and he'd brought a dog. Brilliant! Ruby Rose had shown similar initiative when she brought hers to the trip on Mountain Glenn!

"Quite right! And it seems out efforts are making some progress! Beacon, no, all of Vale must not be left to rot, lest we give the terrorists responsible for this current state of affairs exactly what they wanted! Hope must remain strong if we are to defeat the Grimm and rebuild!" he said in his usual swiftly flying speech, before calming down and speaking in a slower, more reserved tone. "I've been well, Mr. Redcliffe. Various missions have been set throughout Beacon with varying results, but I still have faith we will succeed... we have to..."

The surprise attack by the White Fang and the unknown party who had sabotaged the tournament and Atlas military's forces and left Vale in its current state was crippling, the situation seemed almost hopeless with all the Grimm that filled the streets and even the academy's halls, but they could not be allowed to win.

TAG Tian Redcliffe
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Tian Redcliffe
 Posted on: Oct 24 2017, 09:22 PM

TAGGED
Shady
WORD COUNT
---
NOTES
---
But I will hold on hope
Tian kept an easy and relaxed smile on his face for the most part. Despite some nerves, talking was one of the things that he did best. Although, he hoped that still held true for whenever he would start his new duties as a teacher for the Beacon students. That was honestly more than a little daunting, if he was being perfectly honest. He might have been able to handle the Signal kids a little easier, but it was Beacon that had the vacancy. He would almost be jumping right into the deep end when it came to teaching, but at the very least his class would be about weapons. His own speciality, considering how his semblance could be applied and also all his own weapons.

It did seem like things were moving along well so far though for the Retaking effort, and it seemed as though Oobleck shared in that outlook. It allowed for the easy smile to stay in place as he listened to the Doctor speak before he replied. "I can agree with that," he said slowly, placing his hands on either side of himself where he sat, leaning back a little. "I can't even imagine what it must have been like here... when Beacon fell. I saw the broadcast, but...that doesn't even compare, I'm sure." It was a well-known fact that there had been many lives lost that night, and his heart did go out to the families of those that had lost their children, and also to the students that lost their best friends.

However, the Retaking effort was a massive collection of hunters and students. There would be lives lost here too; there had been already. But at least this time people knew what they were letting themselves in for, instead of thinking they were safe. "Yeah, I have faith in everyone here. With the progress we've made already...so long as we keep on trying, we'll succeed. I know it." Tian's expression shifted to one of confidence, trying to bolster the atmosphere a little. He tended to shy away from serious discussions a little bit, but this whole situation had brought out a little more of his serious side.

The dog at his side sniffed curiously at Oobleck as they spoke and the faunus realised that he hadn't introduced the two. Not that...many people expected to be introduced to a dog. "This is Cindy, by the way. My fully combat trained canine partner," he said, reaching a hand over to ruffle Cindy's fur as his own tail wagged to match the rhythm of hers.

^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Bartholomew Oobleck
 Posted on: Nov 2 2017, 05:24 PM
"It was dreadful. Unlike anything anyone could have imagined," Oobleck replied. "That's why it's so important that we work to rebuild it and drive the Grimm out," he explained. If Vale was left as it was, if Beacon was not restored, then everyone who had taken part in bringing it down had won.

It still bothered him, though, knowing nothing would be the same. Even if Vale and Beacon were restored exactly to how it was before the attack, no one would feel as safe as they once did.

"Well, hello, Cindy!" Oobleck said, looking down at the dog with a smile. "I've worked with pets in the past, and huntsmen with pets. They truly are remarkable and I pity those who underestimate them!" He remembered Zwei, Taiyang's dog who had joined him and Team RWBY at Mount Glenn. He proved quite the asset both in and out of combat!

A deep growl was heard in the distance, causing Oobleck to look off in its direction. "I'd much like to see you in action, Mr. Redcliffe!" he said. It would seem the Grimm were getting bold enough to draw closer. The less of them around, the better, and teamwork would handle the problem much quicker.

TAG Tian Redcliffe
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Sister Sites
Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings Maelstrom: You create the galaxy The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play