Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
03.10.17: Due to a lack of their usage, we've removed the update boxes, and we will be returning to old style updates for the time being! We've also removed our Twitter button and our Facebook button as our Twitter and Facebook pages are rarely used.

02.10.17: STAFF SEARCH has been added! We're looking for up to 3 new staff members to prepare for the influx coming into Volume 5, so be prepared for that! We need all hands on deck to get a few systems going before the volume starts, as we'll be making some changes to combat abilities and combat apps, so stay tuned!

Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 00 01 00 01
Schnee Dust 00 00 00 00
Atlas Academy 07 08 01 16
Helios Academy 01 01 00 01
Anima Citizen 00 01 00 01
Haven Academy 06 09 00 15
Sanctum Academy 01 02 00 03
W. Sanus Citizen 01 00 00 01
Shade Academy 06 09 00 15
Shadow Academy 01 02 00 03
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 05 09 00 14
Signal Academy 00 00 00 00
White Fang 05 05 00 10
Assault Faction 01 01 00 02
Hunter 11 16 00 27
Menagerie 00 00 00 00
Unaffiliated 00 00 00 00
Totals 45 64 01 110
Members 22
Staff
Saskalead administrator
Maryadministrator
Ayaadministrator
Dorianlead moderator
Fireseekermoderator
Ashmoderator
OPENmoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Add Reply
New Poll

Show Me The Way, tag; raven
Oscar Pine
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 04:24 PM
Oscar Pine Beacon
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Lucky

high above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me
Somewhere over the rainbow blue birds fly Birds fly over the rainbow why then, oh why can't I? If happy little blue birds fly across the rainbow Why oh why can't I?
A letter. That was all that he had left behind for his Aunt to find. And it wasn't even the truth written in it. It made Oscar's stomach twist to think about it. He had been taken in when his parents had been killed, and the farm had been his home ever since. It was home but now he was leaving it behind - and for what? Because a voice in his head told him to? Because he seemed to think it was the right thing to do? Truth be told, Oscar was unsure of how he was going to manage the full trip to Mistral from here, since the trains were quite expensive. All he had with him was rather abysmal as well, but he didn't own much. There was a few changes of clothes, a blanket and a few other small bits and pieces. His backpack was patched and worn, and had definitely seen better days.

Oscar had the very distinct feeling that it would be very likely that he was going to run into some trouble along the way as well. There was no way he could make it the entire way to Mistral from here without running into a single Grimm. The only thing that he would be able to do is run, since he had no weapon. He felt a slight stir at the back of mind at that thought, but he chose to ignore it. Ozpin hadn't spoken for a while now after having apologised to Oscar for making him leave his home, but truthfully while Oscar would usually wish for the silence, he didn't want to feel alone right now. This was all way, way too much. He might have dreamt once about making something more of himself, but this was far from what he had meant.

"You are very brave, Oscar. I remember how this feels myself."

The intrusive thought from Ozpin's voice sounded within Oscar's head and a small part of a frown curved the corners of his lips. It fell away a moment later as he sighed. "Yeah... You said before that you've went through this too." He remembered that being said but he was just reconfirming. As much as it was still something he was getting used to and that he wasn't comfortable with, knowing that Ozpin had been through this same confusion was a small comfort. Hopefully then, this could be a little bit more bearable. "I just don't understand...why me? I'm just a simple farm boy that doesn't even know how to defend himself." Yet more reason to be concerned about the Grimm. "And now I suddenly have all this weight on my shoulders and it's just-"

It would have been so much easier if it had been a student at one of the Academies that had inherited whatever this power was and had their soul merged with Ozpin's. At least then they could already fight and would be closer to somewhere useful. "Oscar, you have already shown a tremendous strength of character," Ozpin spoke up, and there was a softer tone to his voice that he had heard a few times now. Ozpin was about to continue, before Oscar cut him off. "Thanks." Thinking about it all much more was going to give the young man a headache at this rate. Running a hand through his already messy hair, he sighed once more. He wasn't sure just how much further it was until he reached the train station, or what he would find waiting for him in Mistral. This was going to be a long trip...

NOTES, --
TAGS, Saska
PM
^
Raven Branwen
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 06:06 PM
STRQ
BP
Weapon
Blade Works is Raven's Odachi katana weapon, a weapon that possesses unique properties. As an extensive user of Dust in combat (she possesses all types of Dust, basic and combined) Raven utilizes her sheath to create each of her blades, meaning that her blade will never dull, as each blade she draws is a new, fresh blade. The sheath consists of a revolving chamber possessing extensive amounts of Dust, which form around the core of the weapon; this core is partially formed with dust and metal woven together. The revolving Dust cartridge creates a new blade around this core when it is sheathed and re-drawn.
Semblance
Raven's Semblance is known as Float, an ability that allows her to use her hair, charged with her aura, to create wire-like structures that can be used for movement. The hair is almost invisible to the naked eye; as a result, it can appear as if Raven is capable of floating or leaping right off of thin air. Allies are also capable of using these hair-wires in combat to accomplish the same thing. Float's downside, however, is that it requires points to anchor on; as a result, wide open spaces do not lend well to the ability. Due to the nature of the Semblance, Raven and any allies that walk on the strings (as they are akin to walking on a tightrope) do not incur any problems with balance while moving on them. Float provides Raven exceptional mobility in combat, allowing her to perform a number of aerial maneuvers and strikes. Lastly, Float can be attached to objects, such as a weapon, allowing Raven to control them from a distance; however, it can only affect small objects, and using it for larger objects is extremely difficult. As a result of this, Raven's ability, like her daughter's, comes from her hair; it is for this reason that she keeps it so long. As well, when the hair is stretched over the area, the strands appear invisible, though they can be seen if one looks very, very closely.
Female
Taiyang
Saska

WE'VE BEEN LOST,
BEEN TO THE BOTTOM

beaten up, torn and forgotten
STILL WE FIGHT, WE WILL SURVIVE, CAN'T KILL THE FIRE WE FEEL INSIDE, WE'VE BEEN BURNED, DRAINED AND DEPLETED, LEFT ALONE, WE'RE NOT DEFEATED, CAN'T KILL THE FIRE WE FEEL INSIDE
She felt bad sending Taiyang on what was essentially wild goose chases, but... When it came to keeping secrets, Raven was by far the best. Taiyang had no idea why she'd been in Mistral, why she was searching there, or more accurately, what she was looking for. No... These were orders directly from Ozpin. She was to tell no one. It was a secret to take to her grave, and she'd been trusted with it. She truly would take that information to the grave. She'd only been given a name, though, and nothing else. Oscar Pine. From there, she'd had to do her own digging; find information, follow trails, and eventually, it led her somewhere.

From there, it was a waiting game. She kept tabs on the boy. If Ozpin was where he said he was... He'd know she was the one following. She'd remained seen but unseen. Oscar hadn't actually laid eyes on her, but she was certainly close enough to be sensed by someone who wasn't an amateur. She'd been following them for a while, using her own skills to make sure this was exactly who she was looking for. Orphaned at a young age; no parents to speak of, and lived with his aunt on a farm. From there, she'd followed him, observing him talking to himself. She understood parts of the conversation... Some of it, anyway.

"Yeah... You said before that you've went through this too." That sounded about right. She hadn't been given much information... Only that the boy would probably be confused, and that she had to at least be nice. Fuckin' asked the wrong person if he wanted someone nice, she quipped to herself, rolling her eyes. Now, though, it was high time for her to actually be useful. She didn't feel like killing Grimm from the shadows any longer... Plus, if this kid was getting close to Kuchinashi, she couldn't let him go into the city alone. Kuchinashi could be sketchy as hell.

The trees rustled as she moved, no longer hiding her presence as she jumped down, landing right in front of Oscar, no more than two feet away from him. Yes, she'd done it on purpose... And yes, it was to scare the shit out of the boy. If she was going to be carrying extra baggage like this, she might as well have some fun with it. Besides, if this boy was going to eventually become what Ozpin was... Well, he'd have to get his shit together, and fast.

"You Oscar?" She didn't even take the mask off. If Ozpin was actually there, he'd probably warn Oscar that she wasn't hostile. If not... Well, the kid would go running, and all he'd be able to describe would be a really scary lady with a Grimm mask.

TAGGED
Lucky
NOTES
keep it short kids
PMEmail
^
Oscar Pine
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 06:52 AM
Oscar Pine Beacon
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Lucky

Somewhere over the rainbow blue birds fly Birds fly over the rainbow why then, oh why can't I? If happy little blue birds fly across the rainbow Why oh why can't I?
Oscar was unsure of how much longer it would be before he reached Kuchinashi, but that was his first destination in mind. There were a number of emotions running through his head at the moment, and as such he wasn’t paying full attention to his surroundings like he should be. There was the serious threat of Grimm out here, after all, and he didn’t have a weapon with him to defend himself. His aura wasn’t even unlocked, so there was no protection there from that either nor a semblance of any kind to fall back on. If he came across any Grimm, he would just need to run as fast as he could, unless Ozpin had any ideas. But he really hoped that wouldn’t happen, and that he could reach Kuchinashi without any trouble along the way.

Considering the apparent lack of luck Oscar thought he had lately, with his whole world being turned upside-down, he wasn’t counting on things starting to get easy now. That would be way too convenient. He sighed as his thoughts remained rather clouded, and perhaps it wasn’t the best idea to discuss this along the way and get himself worked up some if it may attract Grimm, but…he had already said to Ozpin that leaving and heading for Mistral did now feel like he was doing the ‘right thing’, so that was at least some small comfort, even if he couldn’t explain it. That still didn’t change the fact that it was scary though.

“You may want to look up,” came Ozpin’s voice after some moments of silence, and Oscar was confused. “Wait, why have I to – Argh!” The startled sound escaped him as a figure jumped down from the trees above him, landing almost right in front of him. Oscar’s steps suddenly skidded to a halt as he both tried to stop and start moving backwards at the same time, causing his feet to skid on the dirt path and almost fall back. He managed to catch himself with a hand on the ground and stumble back to his feet, hazel eyes wide as he looked over at the woman clad in black and red, with a Grimm mask over her face.

“That was quite the reaction.” Oscar scowled at the obvious amusement in Ozpin’s tone, casting his gaze down to the side, as if back to himself as he spoke back to Ozpin. “Oh shut up, it’s not that funny!” Glancing back to the black-haired woman, he eyed her warily. “Who are you?” He felt increasingly nervous about her rather intimidating appearance and the fact she knew his name, but Ozpin tried to soothe him a little as he went to take a step backwards. “You’re safe. She just likes her fun.” At that, Oscar stopped trying to back up but he didn’t entirely relax just yet.

NOTES, gdi raven
TAGS, Saska
PM
^
Raven Branwen
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 07:39 PM
STRQ
BP
Weapon
Blade Works is Raven's Odachi katana weapon, a weapon that possesses unique properties. As an extensive user of Dust in combat (she possesses all types of Dust, basic and combined) Raven utilizes her sheath to create each of her blades, meaning that her blade will never dull, as each blade she draws is a new, fresh blade. The sheath consists of a revolving chamber possessing extensive amounts of Dust, which form around the core of the weapon; this core is partially formed with dust and metal woven together. The revolving Dust cartridge creates a new blade around this core when it is sheathed and re-drawn.
Semblance
Raven's Semblance is known as Float, an ability that allows her to use her hair, charged with her aura, to create wire-like structures that can be used for movement. The hair is almost invisible to the naked eye; as a result, it can appear as if Raven is capable of floating or leaping right off of thin air. Allies are also capable of using these hair-wires in combat to accomplish the same thing. Float's downside, however, is that it requires points to anchor on; as a result, wide open spaces do not lend well to the ability. Due to the nature of the Semblance, Raven and any allies that walk on the strings (as they are akin to walking on a tightrope) do not incur any problems with balance while moving on them. Float provides Raven exceptional mobility in combat, allowing her to perform a number of aerial maneuvers and strikes. Lastly, Float can be attached to objects, such as a weapon, allowing Raven to control them from a distance; however, it can only affect small objects, and using it for larger objects is extremely difficult. As a result of this, Raven's ability, like her daughter's, comes from her hair; it is for this reason that she keeps it so long. As well, when the hair is stretched over the area, the strands appear invisible, though they can be seen if one looks very, very closely.
Female
Taiyang
Saska

WE'VE BEEN LOST,
BEEN TO THE BOTTOM

STILL WE FIGHT, WE WILL SURVIVE, CAN'T KILL THE FIRE WE FEEL INSIDE, WE'VE BEEN BURNED, DRAINED AND DEPLETED, LEFT ALONE, WE'RE NOT DEFEATED, CAN'T KILL THE FIRE WE FEEL INSIDE
Jumpy, but not so much as should have been, given someone had warned him? Check. Talking to himself? Check. Arguing with himself? Double check. Raven was at a standstill, watching the boy with a raised eyebrow -- not that he could tell, of course, given her expression was well-hidden by the mask -- and a smirk on her face. Oh, his reaction had been grand, and just as absurd as she'd expected, too. If this was the kid she was looking for, then Oz was probably cautioning him not to worry about her. She wasn't going to hurt him, of course... But she wanted to have a little fun.

“Who are you?” Seriously? Now she really raised an eyebrow.

"I asked first, you fuckin' pipsqueak," she snapped back, hands on her hips. Technically, she had. "Fine. You know the average person doesn't argue with themselves out loud, you brat." If he wasn't going to give her a name, then she was going to drive it home that she wasn't gonna use one for him, either. Brat. Pipsqueak. Whatever she could come up with, really. Both hands were on her hips, and she looked less intimidating, and more annoyed than anything. There was no doubt this was the kid she was looking for, unless she'd really run into one that was hella crazy. In which case... Nah, kid looked way too innocent for that. The only person who could look more innocent than this little dolt was probably Ruby.

Reaching up, she pulled her mask off, hooking it on her belt before replacing her hands on her hips. "A'ight. Tell that shitbrain to tell you or show you something that only I'll know. Then I'll give you my name." She had to add a little bit of fear into the situation, though. Frowning, she glanced at the boy... He'd scraped his palm in the fall. Oh, now he was gonna get it. Oz couldn't even teach the boy to have his Aura unlocked? Fuckin' loser, she thought to herself, groaning loudly.

"Before you do that, though, sit still, brat." She knelt down, reaching both hands out as her eyes closed. Her body glowed with her Aura, a shade of cherry red with hints of black, and placed one hand near the boy's cheek, the other on his shoulder. She knew the phrase needed to do it. For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee. There. Now he'd at least be protected.

"Now. Out with it, you little shit. And I don't mean you, squirt. I mean the other one." This was going to get confusing, and fast.

TAGGED
Lucky
NOTES
keep it short kids
PMEmail
^
Oscar Pine
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 10:08 AM
Oscar Pine Beacon
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Lucky

Oscar had certainly not been expecting a person to jump down from the trees and land in front of him. Ozpin had given him some small warning, but not quite enough to prepare himself fully - something only proven by the fact that he nearly fell over backwards and had to catch himself with a hand on the ground before scrambling back to his feet. There was a stinging in his palm where the earth had scraped the skin but he ignored it in favour of keeping his gaze on the stranger. However, despite the fact it was a stranger, there was a sense of familiarity that he couldn't place, until Ozpin spoke. Ah, so he knew her then...? Things just seemed to keep getting weirder, but he was further confused by the fact that she knew his name.

Instead of confirming if she was correct, Oscar immediately asked his own question. He was still less inclined to answer the woman that had just jumped out of a tree to scare him, especially since he couldn't even see her face. Her stance seemed a little less intimidating but her words caused one of the boy's eyebrows to arch. Seriously? "Yeah, well... Already figured out that I'm not exactly normal..." His gaze moved back to the side once more as he addressed Ozpin. "Don't say i-" "But at least you're sane." Oscar sighed rather heavily, rolling his eyes as he felt some amusement from Ozpin. "That's debatable." Well at least one of them was finding it a little amusing.

The woman pulled her mask off and placed it on her belt as Oscar took in her appearance, with the pale skin and red eyes. The demand she made also caused Ozpin to stir, but he didn't seem surprised by it. "Something only you'll know..." Before he could even think, however, the woman was moving towards him and he took a small step back as an automatic response to her getting so close. His confusion only increased as she placed one hand on his shoulder and one on his cheek. "What are you...?" But then he saw what he presumed was her aura glowing around her and a strange sensation overtook him.

As it eventually faded a few moments later, Oscar looked down at himself to see a forest green aura glowing around him, and watched as the scrape on his palm healed over. "...Huh." But now it was best to get back to what the woman had asked of him. His brow furrowed slightly as Ozpin suddenly seemed amused. Oscar was about to ask if he should be concerned, before a memory was nudged forward. The look in boy's large hazel eyes seemed to be distant for a moment as if he wasn't entirely there, before he snapped out of it and his face split into a grin as he shared Ozpin's amusement through the memory.

Chuckling a little, he looked up at the dark-haired woman, before seeming unsure for a moment again. "Uh...Qrow was convinced to wear a skirt and that it was part of the boy's uniform too," he stated, lips twitching. "Before a practice of landing strategies. Ozpin wants you to know that he did that on purpose."

NOTES, there it is
TAGS, Saska
PM
^
Raven Branwen
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 01:52 AM
STRQ
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Taiyang
Saska

WE'VE BEEN LOST,
BEEN TO THE BOTTOM

Okay, so scaring the crap out of the kid was entertaining, to say the least. He was so damn jumpy. Ozpin was probably laughing, which was great, but she also knew she needed answers. Sanity was definitely debatable, and that was what Ozpin was probably talking about. She didn't have the patience to deal with this, but she let the boy do his mental gymnastics, waiting expectantly. He was gone for about a second, and then he came back. She was just glad she'd been able to use her own Aura to unlock his. He was going to need it out here, that was for sure. Grimm around every corner, and like hell she could be expected to keep up with that.

Then he spoke. Qrow in a skirt. Raven's face went from expectant, to smirking, to full-out gut-busting laughter. She was bent over, laughing her ass off, practically wheezing for air. Oh, of all of the memories to pick, he had to go for that one?! And the landing strategies... wait, on purpose? She thought about that, pausing, contemplating. It suddenly got pieced together. Seriously, on purpose? She burst into laughter again, her eyes welling with tears from the sheer laughter. Her knees were wobbling, and she was undoubtedly losing her shit over the whole idea.

"On purpose... so he'd... flash the girls... ahahahahahaha," she managed, her voice coming out in difficult breaths as she tried and failed to compose herself. Once she did, she wiped at her eyes, trying to breathe. "Oh god that hurts," she wheezed, feeling the tightness in her chest. Finally, she opened her eyes, done with her little bout of laughter. "Landing strategies on purpose, huh? On purpose or not, Oz, you're still a shit," she remarked, letting out a long breath. "Whooo," she said, seeming to fully compose herself.

"Either way, brat. Oliver. Otis. Whatever your name is, I don't care. Let's get moving, kiddo. You've got a date that you're months late for," she teased, turning on her heel. She didn't wait for him to follow; she was gonna run him through the wash and back again at this rate, but he definitely needed it. Crash course, and that was all there was to it. He was getting it from an expert in crash courses, though.

TAGGED
Lucky
NOTES
keep it short kids
PMEmail
^
Oscar Pine
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 07:06 PM
Oscar Pine Beacon
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Lucky

Oscar hadn't been expecting for her to, as he understood it now, unlock his aura and he watched in slight amazement as the small scrape on his hand healed over and left the skin looking untouched. He pondered for a few moments on what he could say, but there was one idea that Ozpin was pushing to the forefront and he could sense the old headmaster's amusement at it. Giving in, Oscar brought up the story of a man called Qrow in a skirt. Ozpin's amusement crossed over into Oscar's own emotions and he found himself smirking slightly as he got a couple of images cross his mind of the moment. He watched in slight surprise as the woman before him dissolved into a laughing fit. Well at least she didn't look as intimidating now...

It was hard to resist laughing just watching the woman before him just lose it and even cry with laughter, but Oscar did find the memory very amusing himself, even if it was partially influenced by Ozpin's emotions. The wide smile on his face stayed there for a moment more as he watched the woman - "Raven," Ozpin helpfully supplied - try to calm down and compose herself again. She seemed less intimidating after that display, and it seemed as though Ozpin trusted her so he knew that he could most likely trust her... Even so, he was apprehensive and felt like given everything, he had good reasons for feeling cautious or anxious. He was being thrown into all of this head first and getting some breathing room was proving to be quite difficult when someone else could read your mind.

"I'd agree with that sentiment," Oscar mumbled after Raven voiced her comment about Ozpin. And then it seemed that Raven was back to her usual attitude, causing the last of Oscar's amusement to fade just a little bit. She clearly knew his name, since she had said it when she surprised him, so he tried not to let her teasing get to him. Before he could even formulate a response, Raven was already turning on her heel and walking off. Blinking for a second, Oscae then scrambled to catch up and when he did, he tried to stay in stride with her. "So we're headed to Mistral?" he asked, turning his big hazel eyes up to look at Raven. "What's...what's been happening since...Beacon fell?"

NOTES, ---
TAGS, Saska
PM
^
Raven Branwen
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 12:48 AM
STRQ
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Taiyang
Saska

WE'VE BEEN LOST,
BEEN TO THE BOTTOM

Dealing with Oz was one thing. Dealing with the brat, on the other, was a whole different story. She didn't have time to wait for him; she had to be aware of their surroundings as much as she could be, because she sure as hell knew she couldn't count on the pipsqueak in a fight. Sure, Ozpin could direct him, but if he couldn't help him, then they were inevitably screwed. Raven would have to do the fighting, and there were plenty of horrible Grimm to deal with out in these parts. It would be just their luck to run into something terrible, like an Aphoid or a Taranteli.

Of course, the pipsqueak had question after question to ask. Were they going to Mistral? More accurately, they were going to Haven. She'd leave him with their Spring Maiden, and let her figure out what had to be done. After all, she was probably the best person to handle the situation. Raven was in too deep and way too damn busy to handle dragging a kid like Oscar around, and Cassiela was far more equipped to play the role of mentor. Unlike Raven, she was at least patient and calm about things.

Beacon, though. That wasn't difficult to answer. "Let's see. People died. Lots of Grimm. Lots. State of emergency in the city. Ironwood's parading his army around and pretending he's good at helping. We've got graduates and students all over the city doing what they can... even students from other schools, shipped out early just to help out around the city." That was all the information she really had. "Qrow's been running the show with Glynda, and it's a shitshow. That's all there is to it." She was relatively nonchalant about it, but she didn't have much to do with what was going on.

"That's all the information I've got. You'd have to ask Qrow or Gwynn about that. They've seen what's there more than I have. I've been doing... Other things, looking other places, like I always do." Oscar might not have known what that meant, but she knew Oz would. Raven was being Raven, and doing her job.

TAGGED
Lucky
NOTES
keep it short kids
PMEmail
^
Oscar Pine
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 11:57 PM
Oscar Pine Beacon
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Lucky

There were...a lot of questions that likely needed answers, but Oscar wasn't sure that Raven was the best person to ask all of them. Not just because of her apparent temperament, but also because he didn't entirely know who knew what. There were some things that even Ozpin was relatively cryptic about and it was strange to think that someone he was sharing his headspace with was actually managing to keep secrets, but...he was told he'd receive answers in time. Maybe because it would be a lot all at once? Oscar could only guess for now, but it was still irritating. He'd been suddenly saddled with a lot of responsibility out of nowhere and he suspected that he still didn't know all of the responsibilities and their details yet either. Wonderful...

Raven's attitude would take a little getting used to, but he tried his best to keep in stride with her as they started to walk. After he had caught up, that is. There were pressing questions in his mind, undoubtedly from Ozpin, but Oscar too found himself curious as he asked about Beacon. The nonchalant attitude from Raven and the manner in which she spoke did nothing to lessen the blow that he could feel Ozpin taking, their emotions entangling and intertwining to the point it was hard to tell his own feelings apart from Ozpin's. He nodded as Raven explained he was better asking Glynda or Cassiela - realising he knew the name of the Haven Headmistress with no memory of it was an odd thing - about what had happened at Beacon.

"Right..." Oscar sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. "This is...this is stupid. I don't even know why I was picked for...whatever this is. And now I'm hearing someone else's voice in my head and suddenly fairy tales are real, and... This is a lot." He realised this was probably not what Raven wanted to hear and gave her a slightly sheepish smile. "Sorry, it's just...you're the first person I've been able to talk to about anything. Besides Ozpin."

NOTES, ---
TAGS, Saska
PM
^
Raven Branwen
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:41 pm
STRQ
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Taiyang
Saska

WE'VE BEEN LOST,
BEEN TO THE BOTTOM

"Oh, yeah, like none of us have ever gone through this," Raven added, rolling her eyes at Oscar. "She said. Sarcastically." Jeez, did this kid think he was the only one going through it? He must have, just the way he talked about it. Finding out fairytales were real? Being pulled from the life you knew to essentially save the world? Oh, Raven Branwen knew that one very, very well. She lived it every day, and while she was finally getting a taste of her old life back... Well, it wasn't the best, but she made do with it.

At least she was getting the opportunity to see Tai now. That made up for a lot of things.

"Well, if Ozpin's all you've got to talk to, then you should just do what I always did to him," she quipped good-naturedly, shrugging her shoulders, before she stopped. She leaned down so she was eye-level with Oscar, eyes glinting with mischievousness.

"Tell him to shut the fuck up." She stood back up, turning on her heel as she kept walking. "Seriously. Just tell him to shut his gaping hole once in a while. He'll sometimes listen. He listened to me, anyway." She wondered if he even knew where they were going. Oh, shit. She knew what this meant. If she'd found him in Anima, that meant... She had to take him to her favourite person!

"Ever been to Haven, squirt?"

TAGGED
Lucky
NOTES
keep it short kids
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Chatbox