Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
03.10.17: Due to a lack of their usage, we've removed the update boxes, and we will be returning to old style updates for the time being! We've also removed our Twitter button and our Facebook button as our Twitter and Facebook pages are rarely used.

02.10.17: STAFF SEARCH has been added! We're looking for up to 3 new staff members to prepare for the influx coming into Volume 5, so be prepared for that! We need all hands on deck to get a few systems going before the volume starts, as we'll be making some changes to combat abilities and combat apps, so stay tuned!

Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 00 01 00 01
Schnee Dust 00 00 00 00
Atlas Academy 07 08 01 16
Helios Academy 01 01 00 01
Anima Citizen 00 01 00 01
Haven Academy 06 09 00 15
Sanctum Academy 01 02 00 03
W. Sanus Citizen 01 00 00 01
Shade Academy 06 09 00 15
Shadow Academy 01 02 00 03
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 05 09 00 14
Signal Academy 00 00 00 00
White Fang 05 05 00 10
Assault Faction 01 01 00 02
Hunter 11 16 00 27
Menagerie 00 00 00 00
Unaffiliated 00 00 00 00
Totals 45 64 01 110
Members 22
Staff
Saskalead administrator
Maryadministrator
Ayaadministrator
Dorianlead moderator
Fireseekermoderator
Ashmoderator
OPENmoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Closed
New Poll

Crossroads, Sera
Adam Taurus
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 05:03 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

THE ABYSS
GAZES
BACK

Adam had gone to meet with Cinder earlier and was late arriving back. Well, that was mostly true. He had returned, gotten something, and left again with little a word. He had been out for a while, but eventually he returned to camp pausing only to speak with a few guards for a moment before retiring to his tent. Reaching into his jacket he pulled out his white visor and seamlessly slid it on while taking off a pair of dark sunglasses. Wherever he had been, it hadn't been as an obvious member of the White Fang.

In fact he wasn't dress quite as he normally was, at least for long. He slid out of a plain black jacket, the kind someone may have with working in an office. Then one by one he undid the buttons on a white shirt and hung both of them up neatly. Adam's upper body was made of strong but lean muscle. He didn't have the physique of a body builder but there were signs of regular physical activity... and injury. Like many warriors the man had his own set of scars on his body, but he wasn't the type to tell stories about them. Some White Fang agents who had worked with him before knew the tales as they witnessed it. For the most part, however, they were a mystery.

Adam reached out and put on his signature red shirt, buttoning it up, but not tucking it in. His regular jacket remained hanging for the time being. The White Fang leader eventually took a seat at his desk and looked over his notes from his meeting with Cinder. There was a lot to go over and consider. "I know you're there Sera. You may be invisible, but you still leave an outline on the bed."

WORDS: 000 TAG: Saska NOTES: HERE
original template by pianissimo
^
Seraphina Rosales
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 10:17 PM
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Saska

sound
and the birds don't sing, no, they don't make a

She hadn't been back at the camp for long, if she were to tell the truth. Of course, she couldn't help but make some sort of entrance to her leader; it was her most favoured pastime, after all. Her troops had returned to give their reports, but as per usual, Seraphina was nowhere to be found; this didn't raise suspicion, though. It was always the same comment; "she'll show up when she shows up." For her troops, and for many of the White Fang, it meant they had to be on their toes, because unlike their leader, Seraphina could truly become one with the shadows, and could be watching at any given minute.

She'd found many traitors and questionable troops in that manner, and she wasn't about to lighten up on it, either.

But, of course, this time she was taking her time, making her way lithely into her leader's tent. She'd situated herself on the bed, leaning on one elbow; she knew he would notice her, or she was certain he would, anyway. That didn't take any of the fun out of her endeavour, though. She waited for only a few minutes before he made his way in, and she stilled her breathing, carefully controlling it so as not to let out a sound. She remained almost completely still as he moved, admiring the view as she did. There was nothing romantic between them in the slightest, but they had other reasons for keeping each other company. She remained quiet, watching as he seemed to either ignore her, or not notice the minute indications of her presence.

It came out, however, the moment he sat down. "I know you're there Sera. You may be invisible, but you still leave an outline on the bed." A chuckle escaped the woman's throat as she materalized, her posture showing that she was very clearly lounging on his bed, having made herself comfortable.

"Who said I was trying to hide?" she replied coyly, raising an eyebrow at him as she moved forward, leaning with both elbows on the bed and her chin resting in her upturned palms, wings folded neatly against her back. "I surmise I need to get more creative if I'm going to sneak up on you. The predator must never be outsmarted by her prey." Casually, she slipped off the bed, stretching before she stood behind Adam, peering over his shoulder.

"I take it your met with our little problem, hmm? That look on your face tells me everything. What new, 'grand' scheme have we been tasked with this time around?"

for Javalope
and the angels sing, "let it shine, let it shine," dry the teardrops from my eyes. and the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, cause the dead can't testify. and cause i can't take an eye for an eye, in the afterlife i'll haunt you til you die.
PMEmail
^
Adam Taurus
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 08:08 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

TAG
NOTES

Prey. That was something Adam wouldn't let himself become ever again. As far as he was concerned there was a large predator in the room, and her. Sera was being playful, not directly challenging him. He would let it slide, for now. There was a better time to show her his dominance later.

"Our problem, as you put it, is larger than anticipated." He handed his notes over to Sera for her to look over. It included details of the meeting as well as observations he had during it. "I met with a man named Hazel. It seems Cinder is currently indisposed after the attack on Vale. By the way he spoke it seems she, nor him are calling the shots, and there is someone higher up in the hierarchy. Cinder is not the leader she presented herself as. If he knew of her promises to us and failings, he made no mentioning of it."

"We are being tasked with mobilizing to Atlas. Details are still in the works, but the White Fang is to attack the Schnee Dust Company, and deal a crippling if not lethal blow to the corporation. We are to consider it revenge for their deeds during the revolution and exploitation of ambiguous labor laws. Hazel does not have the silver tongue that Cinder did."

"I'm going to wait a few days before sending word for another meeting, privately of course. I'm not sure of his temper and found it unwise to confront him during our first encounter, but I have found his proposal... unsatisfactory. We took risks for Cinder's cause, a human cause, and she failed to deliver on her large promises. If she is unavailable and Hazel is to be our contact, then her debt falls to him to repay. I have run out of good faith for them and their lot. They forget we can disappear back to the shadows and pull our support. Support they seem to need."

^
Seraphina Rosales
 Posted: Nov 8 2016, 02:34 PM
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Saska

sound

Their problem was larger than anticipated? Sera did not like the sound of that. Her usual look went from playful to serious in nearly an instant as she read over the papers, skimming them with a disappointed look as Adam spoke. Cinder was indisposed, and from what Sera had been able to find out, the Nikos girl had fought her atop the tower, and survived. Ruby Rose had been present, and that was the reason the dragon atop Beacon Tower was frozen. If that were the case, then that certainly made things much more interesting. It meant that the Rose girl had done a number on Cinder. Sera liked that.

"Your lack of faith in them is understandable, Adam. But there is more that I have come up with that may... turn the tide of the situation," she said, setting the paper down. There were a few things she'd come up with, and a few theories she'd put together, most of them weaving now that she had this further information about Cinder's inability to contact them. Leaning on the desk with her arms crossed, she fluffed the feathers of her wings, determining where to start.

"It's not inconceivable that I alone could take down the Schnee Dust Company. But I'll get to that in a moment. There are claims that Cinder killed Ozpin, though there's no proof. Last I was able to determine, Beacon is heavily overrun by Grimm. I surmise it would be a massacre if we sent any groups in there; I get by because the Grimm can't find me if I move and hide just right. Nevertheless, that dragon is far more than what is a contender. I do not think that, given my theory, we should wholly blame Cinder for the incident at Beacon." That didn't mean she was letting Cinder off the hook, though; simply that there was far more to the situation than what was anticipated.

"Cinder fought with a student at the top of that tower. I did some digging; it was Pyrrha Nikos. I know how you love your tournament fighters, so I'm sure the name is familiar to you. Nevertheless, the girl was severely injured, and barely survived. Help arrived in time, and she scraped by. But that help was in the form of that pest, Ruby Rose... Or perhaps, maybe, we should be calling her a blessing. I was still scouring Beacon when that flash of light went off. Rumour says that Ruby Rose was the one at the top of that tower.... and that she had something to do with that dragon being frozen. That girls was a wrench in Cinder's plan, sure... But we also know one other thing." She stood up, pacing the room, before she gestured out to the rest of the camp.

"Whatever power it is she has, she would have slaughtered us all. It's no surprise you were forced to bend to her will. But if Ruby Rose is the key to taking her out... then is that girl truly so bad? After all, Cinder tried to kill her friend. Humans and faunus alike are fickle creatures ruled by emotion. There's no question that Ruby has been the one to leave Cinder indisposed. If we get rid of Cinder, then I'm certain this Hazel character can be taken out far more easily than she can." she made a hand gesture that indicated she could go invisible, then used her thumb to mime slitting his throat.

"Vale is a mess. But surely we can capitalize on what's left of it, no? If nothing, you could easily take the troops back to Vacuo, or even Menagerie, and from there, I can take a small team to Atlas. Make it look like we're doing their bidding. And from there, who's to say there isn't just a tiny little hitch in the plan in Atlas, and things just so happen to go wrong?" She had a plan, of sorts, but she was waiting to gauge interest in it before she said anything.

"After all, a big explosion is just a show," she continued, walking back to the desk and around Adam's chair, her fingers playfully grazing his hair, a single finger running off the tip of one of his horns. "Blackmail is a far more entertaining method, wouldn't you agree?"

for Javalope
and the angels sing, "let it shine, let it shine," dry the teardrops from my eyes. and the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, cause the dead can't testify. and cause i can't take an eye for an eye, in the afterlife i'll haunt you til you die.
PMEmail
^
Adam Taurus
 Posted: Nov 27 2016, 07:04 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

TAG
NOTES
Ice Dust Loaded.

Adam thought quietly over what Sera had been saying and mulled over the options going through his head. She had a few good points. The complications to the plan were unexpected and unprepared for. Perhaps Cinder was not wholly at fault for her failure to keep up her end of the bargain, but the party she represented was still at fault for not offering compensation. The White Fang were not a power to be trifled with, or taken advantage of.

If anything the human did teach him something, just how much power he commanded, and how vulnerable a kingdom could be. They may not have been able to take Vale, but it did leave things in an interesting state. The three remaining kingdoms were pouring resournces into Vale to keep it alive and bring it back. Atlas, arguably, would be hurting just as much as they had suffered a considerable blow to their military might.

"I will send word to Hazel in a few days time to inform him of my dissatisfaction with our current arrangement, and the matter of Cinder's debt. I want to see how far I can bargain with him, and if he proves to be unaccommodating, then I'll let him know I'll simply have to go over his head. If the White Fang is so important to their plans, then whomever he works for would certainly be displeased to find out he is jeopardizing their plots." Whoever could pull Cinder's strings had to be a force worth respecting, and if that force were angered...

"Sera, I want you to find out what kind of power it is that Ruby Rose wields, and if we can get it for our own. I want this done discreetly. Second, you are to assemble your Black Fang and head to Atlas. You are permitted to infiltrate as many SDC facilities as you see fit, but I want information. If they've been harvesting dust somewhere n secret, I want to know. If they have military contracts for R&D, I want to know, and have copies of it. If they have their own research that shouldn't see the light of day, I want our eyes on it."

"What I don't want is a scene. There is a reason why Ozpin had been important to Cinder's plan. Winter Schnee had a rather public altercation with a huntsman before General Ironwood arrived to stop it. Immediately afterwards they all went into Beacon Tower, where Ozpin's office used to be located. The two were later spotted working together during the fall of Beacon, along with Glynda Goodwytch. Find out if our spies ever identified that huntsman. Ozpin was an enemy of Cinder's, and may have allies who would be working against us. I want to know who these people are and what we may be dealing with."

Adam stood and walked over to a map of Remnant on the wall of his tent. He stared at it for a few long seconds as pieces began to fall into place in his head. "The White Fang is an army, without a kingdom. Vale is no longer an option but... What if a power were to declare itself a kingdom? Vale is in shambles, and the other three are mobilizing to support it. Hypothetically if we had some... shall we say surplus military equipment an associate of ours came across, along with some bleeding edge technology and a few skeletons to air out... and poured our resources into it... could the other kingdoms oppose a new kingdom in Menagerie?"

"Purely talk at the moment, but if world conditions were just right, we could perhaps unite the settlements there under a single banner. A banner which the White Fang will have a hand hold on."

^
Seraphina Rosales
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 07:45 PM
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Saska

sound

Adam had very clearly understood her point, it seemed, and he was taking charge from there. But he was still correct; they needed to feel out Hazel, see how far he was willing to budge. As he'd said, after all, Cinder was the one with the silver tongue; Hazel was not. With Cinder out of the picture, however, they had no leverage. Cinder's powers were leverage enough for the Fang to cooperate, but if Hazel was not able to command the same amount of power, then there was certainly less on their end to contend with. But with a new course of action, Sera was beginning to see the leader she so respected once more, listening carefully as she was given instructions.

Ruby Rose was going to be interesting. She knew nothing about the girl, and yet she'd have to dig as far as she could in order to find it. Perhaps there would be something... After all, what had happened appeared to be something out of a legend, or a story. That would be something to search for in the Underbelly, no less. But Atlas... Now that was going to be an interesting conundrum. She would have to do a lot of traveling in order to pull this off, and as Adam gave her instructions, she pieced everything together. They weren't moving very quickly in Atlas, so she would have to determine what her priorities were, and where she could get her hands on them... That would take time, that much was certain. It would also mean tapping into the military's databases, and cracking those codes could take time.

But that huntsman... That piqued her interest. That was definitely an identity she wanted to know; if he was just your average Huntsman, yet was involved in the politics of the world, then that meant he had something to do with information gathering. What Adam likely wanted was the information Cinder and her allies were likely already searching for... Information that could be used to procure allies against them. A smirk crossed the faunus' features, and she looked very intrigued by the idea. To think that they could work for them, while subsequently working against them, like a third party in the mix... She loved that idea. She loved the thrill of it, the beauty that would encapsulate that kind of plan. But there was more... Musings of the young man's mind as he stared at the map. His idea was sound, but it was simply that -- an idea.

"Menagerie poses one problem," she said simply, stepping forward as she laid a hand on Adam's shoulder. "Not all of the Faunus are willing to support our methodology, particularly after the attack on Vale. I don't doubt that Celadon would be capable of smooth-talking his way into some sort of deal, but... Such an idea would be phenomenal in theory, but in execution, would prove far more difficult. But with the right associates... The right resources, the right blackmail on each of the Kingdoms in order to allow them to side with us... Then perhaps, just perhaps, we may be successful." She'd switched hands while she was talking, one arm lazily draped across Adam's shoulders, the other using a single finger to trace along his chest.

"I, on the other hand, quite like the way the title 'Headmaster Taurus' rolls off the tongue, don't you?" she asked, her tone sultry as she raised a single eyebrow in question, a smirk on her face. "I will do what I can to find things out. It is much more.... difficult to get into things with the CCT down. Databases are down, so remote access is far more difficult. Not to mention, security has been amplified. Finding things out from my contacts in the Underbelly will be a sneeze, but Atlas... That could prove difficult, from a time-consuming perspective. Nevertheless, things will be found... And there will be quite a few unhappy bureaucrats in the process, I'm sure." If they pulled this off, then nobody would know what hit them. They knew not of the things that someone of Sera's nature could find out, and given they shared the same silver-tongued nature, Sera could easily play at their games.

for Javalope
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates

Chatbox