Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously

Add Reply
New Poll

Monkey Sees, Monkey Do, Sun
Blake Belladonna
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 06:24 PM
RWBY
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Yang
Mary

The journey to Windpath had been a long and quiet one. Blake and her companion traveled in silence, shushing the unwelcome guest whenever he spoke up. The two needed to keep their ears and eyes open. And he was in trouble. If Sun had followed them for that long, that meant someone else could have tailed them all.

They reached Windfall by nightfall and her companion left abruptly, like she always did at every stop. Blake had tried to follow her at one of these stops, but after ten seconds there was no sight of her. No footprints, no witnesses. Nothing except the next date and location. Unlike those other times, she had Sun with her. No, she probably had Sun the entire time. That realization made her huff and walk faster through Windfall’s streets and to a somewhat large Inn.

It was cold. Grumbles. And she was hungry.

Without saying so much as a word to Sun, she walked in and ordered a room for two. Two beds, she specified as kindly as she could. The Innkeeper wasn’t the one in trouble, after all.

Unlike some of the ones Blake stayed at in the past few months, this Inn had a rather sizable eating area and a few already filled tables. She sat down at a table towards the back of the room and pointed to the seat across from her. A sea of darkened lamps gave off the wrong mood and theirs seemed to be going out. She had almost forgotten how rural things got outside the mayor cities of Remnant.

“Sun,” Blake began. Her voice was as calm as she could be, instead throwing daggers with her amber eyes. “How long and where did it start?”

Right to the chase.

The waitress seemed to be busy with another table, but she’d be done in a few seconds from what it looked like.

template by saska for use only on world of remnant. do not reuse without permission.
PM
^
Sun Wukong
 Posted: Nov 27 2016, 12:40 AM
SSSN
BP
Weapon
Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang
Semblance
Via Sol
Male
Neptune Vasilias
Javalope

TAG
NOTES

Sun walked in frustrate silence. Every time he tried to open his mouth to speak someone shushed him. When he tried to press the matter the creepy masked woman threatened to cut his tongue out. She looked scary enough that she might try it. Fine, if he wasn't allowed to talk, then it was on them. He could take a hint. In fact he was glad he had been caught. Creepy masked-woman was looking kinda cultish and Blake didn't need that kind of influence in her life.

He followed Blake into the inn and gave a wave at some of the staff. With how focused Blake seemed to be on brooding he doubted she noticed. She took care of the sleeping arrangements, something he could have helped her with, but he couldn't talk. Eventually they made it to a table. Civilization had a big bonus of having access to food. Trail rations got boring fasth.

Blake addressed him, and he quickly threw up his hands defensively. That was a pretty big question. The ninja-cat-girl had been way more perceptive than he had thought. "You've got the wrong idea. Sure I've been here to Windfall before, but there wasn't anything between Cinnamon and me." he said gesturing to a waitress who had returned his wave. "Why'd you pay for a room though? This is Neptune's hometown. I hitched the ride to Vale from here before the Vytals. I'm tight with his mom, Mr.s Vasilias loves me. We could have crashed there for a couple of nights."

PMEmail
^
Blake Belladonna
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 11:56 PM
RWBY
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Yang
Mary

"You've got the wrong idea. Sure I've been here to Windfall before, but there wasn't anything between Cinnamon and me."

"I'm not talking about some summer fling, Sun!" Blake shouted, which in turn caused most of the room's occupants to stare in their direction. She ignored their eyes and lowered her voice to a light whisper. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, so don't make me repeat myself. You're the one who followed me, not the opposite."

"Why'd you pay for a room though? This is Neptune's hometown. I hitched the ride to Vale from here before the Vytals. I'm tight with his mom, Mrs. Vasilias loves me. We could have crashed there for a couple of nights."

"If you've been following me from the start, then you know exactly why I paid for a room," she folded her hands together and tightly squeezed them. Her voice was soft. "I can't bring anymore outsiders into this, Sun. I've already messed up with Beacon and I can't afford another Vytal happening. What if Neptune's mom had gotten hurt if I stayed there? What would I tell him then? I'm sorry your mom's dead, but at least your girlfriend's friend's arm only got chopped off?"

Her eyes darkened as she looked to the side, out of the window that overlooked the town. For a split second, she could see flames enveloping everything out there. People screaming, Grimm overrunning the streets, and finally him..

"What if she had killed you, Sun?" She asked as the waitress neared them. Blake had been so focused on what-ifs that her presence didn't even register in her mind. "What would I tell him then?"

template by saska for use only on world of remnant. do not reuse without permission.
PM
^
Sun Wukong
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 04:21 PM
SSSN
BP
Weapon
Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang
Semblance
Via Sol
Male
Neptune Vasilias
Javalope

TAG
NOTES

Blake's shout caused Sun's tail to curl up in intimidation. Okay, so she wasn't asking about him and a friendly waitress. There was an edge to her and it was one he didn't like. She was upset at him, and rightfully so. He was in trouble, and it was time to explain himself. The fire in Blake's eyes quickly died out though. There was more to her story, and her motives were brought to light.

Sun wasn't the most observant banana in the bunch sometimes, but he got the hint. She wasn't out to attack or cripple the White Fang, she was running. The eternally optimistic Sun Wukong had to take pause at that sad thought. He had followed her to keep her safe and stop her from doing something stupid and reckless. Now it seemed like she needed a friend more than ever. The Faunus reached across the table and put his hands over Blake's. "Look, Blake, I-"

"Sun? I thought that was you who walked in. Where's Neppy? You two were inseparable last time you were in town." Both huntsmen had be focused on other things that Sun was startled when the waitress arrived. "Heeeeeey Cinnamon. Neptune's not with me this time. There was some stuff we had to take care of and had to split up for a bit. He's fine... probably. I mean, its Neptune." Sun shrugged and the waitress just gave him a skeptical sideways glance.

"So who's your friend here?"

"Cinnamon, this is Blake. Blake, this is Cinnamon. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but can we order really quick? We've been walking for like ever and tings have been so cold I've nearly frozen my snowballs off."

Cinnamon shook her head with a little laugh and pulled out a notepad. "Okay, what will you two be having?" "Clam chowder and peppermint tea for her, and potato soup and cocoa for me. Extra crackers too." "I'll go put it in. If you two need anything else, just let me know." As the waitress walked off Sun let out a little sigh.

"To answer your question, since you left Vale. Just as the evacuation was wrapping up I saw you sneaking away. I told Neptune to hold down the fort and I've been tailing you since. I'll admit you've given me the slip a couple of times, but I caught up eventually. I wanted to make sure you weren't going to do something reckless and get yourself hurt. I was worried and... I didn't know what else to do. If something happened then I'd be there to get your back."

"I didn't know- I get it now. I didn't before, but I get why you're doing it, and I'm not going to leave you alone... especially with a masked woman who threatens to cut peoples tongues out, turn it into stew, then force feed it to them while its scalding hot because their voice sounds like a cheesegrater to their eardrums. Seriously, that woman's messed up, and I don't want you turning into some hyper violent whatever-she-is, or living the rest of your life alone. I get it, you're in a bad place, and things are pretty crap, but what kind of friend would I be if I didn't try to get you out of it, or at least keep you company?"

"Besides, you kinda already made the reservation and I ordered food so you're kinda stuck with me either way."

PMEmail
^
Blake Belladonna
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 06:42 PM
RWBY
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Yang
Mary

"You two were inseparable last time you were in town!"

"Heeeeeey Cinnamon."

Blake had tuned out of the conversation, silently staring down at where their touching hands had been. What was she supposed to feel? Comfort? Right now it feel like she was on a rickety boat that teetered and dipped into several different emotions. Anger, sadness, regret, hope, and perhaps affection if he hadn't been so stupid. Well, he had--

"Cinnamon, this is Blake. Blake, this is Cinnamon," Sun said. Hearing her name had snapped her out of her idle thoughts with reddened cheeks.

"Hello," Blake waved with a faint smile.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but can we order really quick? We've been walking for like ever and things have been so cold I've nearly frozen my snowballs off."

Blake couldn't help but let out a little chuckle at that last bit. It was true, after all. She and her traveling companion had a spartan way of doing these trips and despite so many weeks of nothing but walking, they still killed her feet. One could only imagine how many times Sun pleaded for them to take a break while he was on their trail.

"Okay, what will you two be having?" Cinnamon asked.

“Well, I’ll have--”

"Clam chowder and peppermint tea for her, and potato soup and cocoa for me. Extra crackers too."

Blake blinked before she looked towards Sun with a scowl. He had gotten it right, word for word, but that was beside the point. He had gotten it too right. She leaned back into her seat and looked out the window, listening to Sun’s words. Her scowl was quickly replaced by another small grin at the bit about her companion. She was very intimidating. Almost how she remembered her father being, but with that extra sharpness you couldn’t obtain easily. She let him finish before speaking up.

”Don’t worry, she can be trusted. I can’t tell you exactly who she is, but she’s our friend,” Blake said. Ah, the smell of clam chowder was heavenly.. “A really, really important friend. She’s my mentor, too. You’ll have to trust me on this if you’re going to be traveling with us. I’m grateful Sun, but next time please don’t silently stalk me for months. That’s kind of creepy. Really creepy.”.

Cinnamon popped out of the kitchen and walked over to them, setting their drinks down.

“Thank you,” Blake said. She took a sip of her tea and looked towards Sun. Again, he had nailed her order down word-for-word. “How did you know I liked peppermint?”

PM
^
Sun Wukong
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 01:03 AM
SSSN
BP
Weapon
Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang
Semblance
Via Sol
Male
Neptune Vasilias
Javalope

Sun raised his hands defensively "Okay... I know it was kinda creepy, but I totally didn't mean it that way. I get it, after so long it turns into being a creepy stalker no matter what, but I couldn't just show up all 'Hey Blake, what're you doing here at this oak tree in the middle of nowhere. Funny running into you here.' Not the smoothest." It was true. After a certain amount of time there would have been no good way of going about revealing himself. Maybe if he got ahead of her and made it seem like she stumbled upon him doing something it could have worked.... damn that was a good idea. Why couldn't you come up with that sooner? Stupid brain.

He cocked an eyebrow when Blake asked how he knew she liked peppermint. What kind of question was that? "Because you smell like peppermint a lot. You don't chew gum, and you don't rattle around like you have a pocket full of mints.I didn't think it was your soap or anything like that- Not saying I know what your soap smells like, I'm just saying I don't think it smells like peppermint because I don't see that scent in the stores really. You also don't go around too often with a candy cane in your mouth. You could totally pull off the festive holiday look though. I bet you'd look really cute buuuuut that's besides the point."

"I know you like peppermint tea because that's what you ordered when we first met. Remember when you snuck out and we hung out a bit before going to spy at the docks?"
By not that seemed like so long ago.

Mary
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
23.12.16 Happy Holidays from all of the staff here at World of Remnant! We'd like to thank everyone here for supporting us. We're nearly 30 members strong and nearly a year old, and the best RWBY roleplay site out there! As 2016 nears an end and Vol 4 reaches its halfway point hopefully we can keep this momentum going forward! Stay tuned as the staff will have some stocking stuffers for everyone in the near future.

13.12.16 Salutations! As many of you are well aware a BIG update launched Sunday. A major event, a mini event, a new continent is opening up to be explored, and a lot of lore has been expanded upon. You can read all about it in the 6th edition of our Newsletter. For those of you who have read it already, I've added a couple of things today so give it a second look.

06.12.16: Hey guys! We're coming to you with a small update from the staff desk regarding pending applications. As you know, we have been VERY bogged down with applications, so we are making a slight change to how things are going to work. From now on, all members are limited to ONE pending application at a time, as opposed to the previous allowance of two. This is to help lighten our work load as staff and allow us to get other work that has fallen by the wayside completed. We know you are all excited for new things, but we as staff need time to get things done as well!

Secondly, players who have more than 3 characters must wait a minimum of 3 days between posting new character applications. Players with more than 5 characters must wait a week between applications. This is to space things out a bit and allow us to streamline the app process so we aren't daunted with 5 or more applications to review per day.

Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 05 06 00 11
Schnee Dust 01 00 00 01
Atlas Academy 05 12 01 18
Helios Academy 01 01 00 02
Anima Citizen 00 00 00 00
Haven Academy 11 15 00 26
Sanctum Academy 00 04 00 04
W. Sanus Citizen 01 00 00 01
Shade Academy 06 13 00 19
Shadow Academy 00 01 00 01
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 11 15 00 26
Signal Academy 02 02 00 04
White Fang 04 06 01 11
Assault Faction 01 02 00 03
Hunter 12 20 00 32
Menagerie 00 01 00 01
Totals 60 98 02 160
Members 37
Staff
Saskaadministrator
Javalopeadministrator
Chaosmoderator
Ayamoderator
Dorianmoderator
Saiphmoderator
Marymoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Chatbox