Push Menu State is
World of Remnant -> Oh, A Hunting We Will Go!
  • Staff
    Wanted Canons
    HIGH PRIORITY CANONS

MEDIUM PRIORITY CANONS

LOW PRIORITY CANONS
  • About Us
    World of Remnant is an AU, post-Volume 3 roleplay. Opened in February of 2016, World of Remnant diverges from the Volume 3 storyline around the Fall of Beacon, with storyline changes that drive our site in a different direction. We constantly update with new canons as they are revealed in the RWBY series, as well as lore updates as we learn more about Remnant's world. We boast an expanded lore and a dedicated administrative team that gives depth to Remnant for a roleplay perspective.

With an 18+ community, World of Remnant boasts an atmosphere of 'quality over quantity' in our apps, posts, and plots; we have no word count, though it is expected that members will post healthy and thorough posts without being locked down by the dreaded 'word count' of their post. With a simplified combat system that uses no stats, World of Remnant remains a story-focused, alternate-universe timeline with RWBY canons and a plethora of original characters.

Updates
    06.16.2018: We've added more than a few new things as of the past day or so! Make sure you check out the Advertising Contest, and while you're at it, take a look at our latest Site Newsletter. The newsletter has a lot of information that was added, so if you haven't checked it out, make sure you do so you're up to date on things!

06.07.2018: After much long and arduous work, World of Remnant has finally revealed its newest skin, called Let's Just Live. The new skin is part of a fresher, more advanced layout compared to our old layout, while still retaining the readability and contrast our other layouts were well-known for. There are three more skins planned for the next series: This Life Is Mine, featuring Weiss Schnee, Like Morning Follows Night featuring Blake, and Armed And Ready featuring Yang. We do not have any tentative release dates for these upcoming skins, but stay tuned for them regardless!

Current Time
    Remnant's current month is
    SEPTEMBER, YEAR 3
    The second term has begun at all academies, and after a short break between terms, students are gearing up to attend the 41st Vytal Festival. This year, it is hosted on the neutral island of Vytal, as opposed to being hosted in one of the four Kingdoms.
  • Credits
    Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited. JQuery tabbed code and toggle cbox code by Kismet.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Oh, A Hunting We Will Go!, Open

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Feb 24 2018, 07:13 PM
Abbot made his way carefully through the forest, his head on a swivel. Hunting Grimm was slowly becoming more trouble than it was worth. It didn’t help that the weather had taken a turn for the worst. The first signs of a storm had started popping up an hour ago and it was becoming more, and more apparent that Abbot should probably head back to town. But, he had a job to do and he was going to see it done. He pushed through the underbrush of the forest and a light rain had begun to fall. The full might of the storm was still far off but it wouldn’t take that long before the rain became a downpour. Abbot still enjoyed this weather, though.

He enjoyed the sound of the raindrops hitting the various leaves in the tree canopy and the fresh smell that everything seemed to have during a storm. The sound of thunder rolled through the trees, though it still sounded distant. Abbot made a mental note that he should probably finish this hunt up before the storm got too bad. He made his way down the overgrown trail he was following. Abbot was doing his best to keep quiet, but sneaking around wasn’t his cup of tea. He preferred to go in guns blazing. But, there were a lot of variables that Abbot wasn’t aware of. Like, how many Grimm were out here, and what kind. All he knew was someone had paid him to hunt down some Grimm in the area. Besides, a job was a job and Abbot wasn't about to pass up on the opportunity to smash some Grimm skulls into the dirt.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small flask, just a little something to loosen the nerves. Abbot took a swig and felt the familiar, warm sensation of whiskey go down his throat. He wiped his mouth on a leaf and kept pushing through the woods. He hadn’t made it far when he heard the snap of a branch somewhere to his left. Abbot sighed and slowly reached behind his back. He disconnected to two pistols from his sword, and, in a fluid motion, spun on his heel to face the direction it had come from. “If you’re not a Grimm, you better say something in the next few seconds unless you want to have a few extra breathing holes added.” Abbot didn’t move, waiting to hear a response.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 5 2018, 12:26 AM

Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down? Save me from myself, don't let me

//DROWN
How long had she been running, she wondered? By now, she'd lost count. Long enough, that had to be the answer. Her breath came in heavy gasps as she moved, slower than a Huntress should; part of her knew that running was inevitable, yet she kept doing it. She kept trying to run, kept trying to hide... But she'd lost everything. A deep part of her conscience knew it. And yet, she kept going. Even as she left an obvious trail of blood, through the deepest parts of the Emerald Forest, she knew one of three things would kill her: the people chasing her, the Grimm that frequented the forest.... Or the sheer blood loss from the injuries that she'd thus far sustained.

As she moved, she could feel her vision blurring. No, she had to make it to civilization of some kind; her little girl's life depended on it. The unborn child she carried... She had to make sure she would make it! She couldn't bring herself to believe she was dead, not yet; even as she could feel her body trying to push ahead, to give the child her chance to take a breath in the world... She stopped against a tree, shaking as weak cries escaped from her. She wasn't sure what hurt more; the contractions of her abdomen, or the deep bloodied gashes across her torso, arms, and back. Some were claw marks from Grimm who'd had a swipe at her; others were clearly from a blade or other sharpened edge, and a few were even singed, like she'd been sliced with fire itself.

Her vision blurred further, and she stumbled blindly through the brush, vaguely aware that she was making more noise than she should; even her heightened feline hearing was beginning to fail her. She was sure she hit a branch or two that snapped underfoot, but she couldn't help it; the only thing she could do was keep moving, and hope she found something, or even someone. One more step, two more steps.... A root caught her foot, and she was sent sprawling forward. Only her quick reflexes saved her, causing her to twist in the air as she landed hard on her hip, knowing full well the impact would bruise. An arm shot forward to try and break her fall, and a sickening snap! could be heard as the bone in her forearm couldn't withstand the impact.

An almost pitiful whimper came from the faunus woman as she could see stars in her vision, and she almost felt like she was going to vomit. Weakly, she crawled forward, until she was leaning against a soft, mossy part of the tree, almost cushioned against it. Her vision wasn't clearing, and she was sure it wasn't going to this time. Was this it? Was this the end of her having to run? Even she could smell the blood, and she knew it was her own. Some part of her realized everything she had was gone.... So why was she running, she wondered? Why bother? She might as well accept her death now; at least if she did that, she wouldn't suffer any longer.

And 'suffering' was putting it mildly.

She felt herself slipping, slowly, as her ragged breathing continued. She thought she'd heard someone say something nearby, but whatever they'd said hadn't been heard by her. She didn't have the strength to even move, let alone respond to them. If they wanted to kill her, then so be it; they'd be doing her a favour, rather than let her suffering continue.

Bro // Feel free to do whatever, she's half conscious rn
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Mar 5 2018, 02:06 AM
Abbot was sure of it, he heard someone out in these woods. He scanned the area, looking for the telltale signs that he wasn’t alone. Years of doing this exact type of work had led to him having a particular skill set. Things that you can’t learn in an academy or from a book. Things that you learn in the field, in combat, in situations where you really don’t know who your enemy is and even if they’re out there. He held the pistols in both hands, fingers off the triggers but ready to squeeze them at a moment’s notice. Abbot’s gaze was slow and steady, taking in every detail of his surroundings. That’s when he heard it.

This time, it wasn’t the recognizable sound of a twig snap. Abbot would know that from anywhere, but this was a different noise. It was faint, like listening to a sapling be pushed over in the otherwise loud woods. But, the noise was there none the less. It sounded like someone was pushing through the brush. He could almost make out the direction it was coming from. He slowly made his way in what he believed was the direction it was coming from. He had to be careful though. The list of threat’s that may lie within the woods surrounding him was short, but they were each a possible death sentence in their own right. Abbot cautiously moved forward. He stopped to crouch low and survey the scene. That was when he heard it. But this noise, this noise made his stomach drop. It wasn’t the sound of twigs snapping, growling or anything he expected to hear. He heard whimpering.

He reached back and clipped the two pistols into their spots on his sword. Once secure, Abbot bolted forward. He crashed through the brush, someone was hurt out here. Maybe it was the survivor of a Grimm attack. Abbot had a duty he had to uphold. He stopped dead in his tracks, looking forward at the bloody scene that lay before him.

Oh, fuck….” He said quietly to himself.

A female Faunus lay before him, he cat-like ears on her head seemed to not even respond to the noise he was making. Abbot stood still for a second. There was a clear bloody trail leading up to her. She was propped up against a moss-covered tree. But, the blood isn’t what worried Abbot. It was her stomach, clearly this poor woman was pregnant. And by the looks of it, close to term. Abbot had lived on a farm for a good portion of his life. He knew that this wasn’t good. Blood loss, stress, exhaustion, all these things meant that the child inside this woman was at risk.

He rushed over to her, opening his pack as he did. Thankfully, Abbot carried a small first aid kit with him, just in case. He didn’t have anything to fix this, she needed a doctor and sooner rather than later. But, Abbot hopped that he could make her comfortable, and stable, enough to move her. As much of a risk as that was.

Ma’am,’ he said, snapping his fingers of her face about five or six times, ‘Ma’am if you can hear me, I’m here to help you. My name is Abbot, I’m a huntsman. You’re hurt, I’m going to do what I can to help you. But, it’s going to sting just a bit.” An outright lie, but he figured she was in enough pain as it is she wouldn’t notice it.

I suggest you step away, now.” A voice said behind him.

Abbot turned to look over his shoulder. He saw to more Faunus standing there, a male and a female. The male, stood closest to Abbot and the woman he was caring for. He had, what appeared, to be antlers. The woman had a tail like a fox.

This woman needs medical assistance. So, unless you’re doctors I suggest you head on your-‘ Abbot said, but the man raise the sword at his side and pointed it at Abbot. That’s when it all clicked for Abbot.

They both had White Fang uniforms on, but the man’s sword and white outfit both had blood on them. Fresh blood. The woman, strangely she was clean it appeared. Abbot stood slowly, looking at the man. Abbot’s gaze did not waver, he did not blink, no, he just stared. This was the man, hopefully one of many and he didn’t do all this damage himself, hurt this woman.

I’m going to give you the chance to walk away from this. Leave. Now.” Abbot said, his voice deep and menacing. The male Faunus laughed, shaking his head. “No, the bitch comes with us.” And he lunged. But, Abbot was ready for it. He ducked left, but the man anticipated Abbot’s move. The male spun backwards, and the back of his left fist caught Abbot’s chin. Abbot stumbled backwards, but his heel caught on something and he fell. Then there was noise like two rocks hitting each other and a flash of light in Abbot’s eyes. He saw stares and the back of his head screamed with pain.

He reached back with his hands, feeling the sticky, warm indication of blood. He rolled onto his side, eyes jammed closed. Slowly he opened them, then they snapped open. The female Faunus he had been caring for was no longer there. Instead, he saw his late wife, Lilac, laying bloody against the tree. It seemed to happen in slow motion but the man was walking toward her, raising his sword. He felt it, deep within him a hurricane was colliding with a volcano. Anger, raw and white hot, was rising up inside him. A red glow covered Abbot’s body, discharges of energy arced off of him like red bolts of electricity. He stood, a growl coming from deep within his throat. The man turned, chuckled again, and started walking towards Abbot.

Abbot closed the distance between then and before the man could swing, Abbot’s fist connected with the right side of the man’s chest. Abbot felt the sensation of several of the male Faunus’ ribs break. Abbot swung with his left hand, catching the left side of the man’s chest. Abbot kept swinging at the male Faunus, hitting him in various places. Chest, face, stomach, rips, face, each hit harder than the last. Then Abbot spun and planted the heel of his foot in the man’s chest with as much force as he could muster. The male Faunus went flying back over ten yards into a tree, colliding with a sickening crack. The female Faunus in the White Fang uniform had dropped to her knees, crying.
Fear filled her eyes as Abbot walked towards her. She begged for him to spare her, stating over and over that she didn’t hurt anyone.

I believe you,’ Abbot said, as he reached behind him and drew one of his pistols, ‘I believe you didn’t touch her. But, that means you just stood there and watched. Then joined in the hunt, you’re just as guilty.” Abbot said. He aimed and pulled the trigger once and she dropped dead, a trail of blood running down her face. Abbot approached the male Faunus and preformed the same action. Except this time, he emptied the entire magazine. Abbot didn’t know if there were any other White Fang members nearby, he almost hopped so. But, this woman needed medical attention. He turned back towards the woman he had been helping, his anger quickly subsiding. He felt exhausted, but he pushed that feeling down deep.

Abbot did what he could to help the woman with the first aid kit, cleaning up most of the blood and applying some bandages. He carefully picked her in his arms and started running. He ran for what felt like an eternity. Rain was now coming down hard, but Abbot didn’t slow until he came upon what appeared to be an abandoned cabin. He tried the door handle, but it didn’t budge. He turned his back to the door and kicked backwards. The door swung open and Abbot rushed inside. He laid the woman on the couch and quickly gathered what he could to try and help her.

It’s gonna be okay,’ He said softly as he started to clean most of her wounds and looked around, ‘You’re safe now.” He didn’t know if she could hear him, but he hopped he was saying these words for her and not just himself.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 5 2018, 02:10 PM

//DROWN
Her senses vaguely registered someone there. It had to be the people chasing her. Was this it? Was this the end of her? Of everything she’d kept running from? It had to be. She couldn’t find the strength to fight any longer. She was weak, naive, and worthless. Why try fighting when she stood no chance? She shouldn’t have tried to run in the first place. If she hadn’t, she’d still have everything. She’d stikl have a home. A family. A place to belong.

And a reason to live.

There was a voice she could hear, but she couldn’t make out what it was saying or who it belonged to. She stirred lightly in response as the man snapped his fingers in front of her face, but her vision was too clouded and dark to see anything. She could hear more of them. Commotiand n. The sound of gunshots. If they were shooting her, why wasn’t there any pain? Why couldn’t they just put her out of her misery now, end her suffering then and there? Hadn’t she been tormented enough?

As the commotions n subsided, so did her consciousness. She was like dead weight as her wounds were bandaged, only faint grunts and ragged breathing able to be heard from her. When he picked her up, however, a shot of pain followed by intense nausea hit her. Every movement hatred against one of her wounds or bounced her broken forearm, and she whimpered weakly, like a wounded animal. Eventually, she simply passed out from the pain, and went back to being more akin to a limp doll as she was brought indoors.

Her consciousness floated in and out as he kept tending to her wounds, though none of it compared to the pain in her abdomen. Her child was coming, and she knew it; but she was far too weak to even communicate that, let alone go through with it. ”No,” she croaked our weakly, her voice barely audible as she spoke. ”Just leave me, or.... or you’ll...” Her attempts at speaking were stifled by a cry of pain as she seemed to curl in on herself, her unbroken arm clutching at her abdomen like doing so would ease the pain. Sweat formed on her brow despite the pale coolness of her skin, and she seemed to shake with effort as she tried to breathe through it. Even as she did, she could feel a trickle down her side, coming from near the bottom of her large bump...

Blood, trickling from an almost hidden gash that had marred her in her attempts to escape. It would be easy to tell, upon closer inspection, that there would be no chance of her child having survived such a strike.

”Just leave me.... don’t waste your energy saving someone who’s already dead...”

Bro // Feel free to do whatever, she's half conscious rn
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Mar 5 2018, 07:19 PM
Just leave me, or.... or you’ll...

Abbot shook his head a chuckled slightly. Such depressing thing to hear. This woman was young, and Abbot wasn’t going to let her final moments have been spent on a dirty patch of earth or on dusty couch. Her forearm was bruising, and Abbot could see the distinct indications that she had broken it. He quickly looked around, finding a small coffee table in a corner of the room they were in. Abbot smashed it, grabbing two pieces of wood he could use to make a brace. Abbot rummaged through the house. There was little in it, chairs, tables, some clothing that looked somewhat clean. It looked like no one had been in here for some time. He was able to find an old tablecloth, this would be enough.

Abbot used a small knife to cut a long ribbon from the musty fabric. He returned to the woman, noticing there was still fresh blood coming through her clothing. A wound he had missed, no doubt, but it would have to wait. He smiled kindly at the woman, sighing slightly.

Can’t do that, I made someone a promise I’d never abandon someone who needed my help. And you need as much as I can give. Now, this is going to hurt for a second.” Abbot firmly gripped her forearm and reset the bone. He quickly placed each piece of wood on the sides of her arm and wrapped the fabric around it. Abbot couldn’t help but laugh that all the things he learned on a farm were helping him now. He’d set many broken bones when it came to the animals on the farm. He hoped that she didn’t go into labor right now.

Abbot began to reexamine the woman’s injuries, looking for the blood source when she let out a cry and curled into a ball. That’s when Abbot saw the blood and its source. His throat choked up a bit and he gritted his teeth. This was not good. Abbot wasn’t a doctor, but he didn’t need to be to know that the chances of this childing surviving birth were dangerously close to zero. But, he needed to stay positive. He’d been through a birth before, granted it was a cow but it’s the same thing. More or less. Abbot repositioned the woman onto the floor, so her back was against the couch, she needed to be able to push and Abbot needed room to work.

He ran through the house, grabbing items he needed. Towels, a large bowl, and other things he needed. By some miracle, the house had warm, running water. Abbot said a quick thank you prayer and filled up the bowl with hot water. He brought back over to the woman, grabbed one of the towels and began to wipe the sweat from her brow.

Okay, this baby is coming so….I’m going to need…too….yeah.” Abbot cleared his throat, ears a bit red. “I need you to push.” He said, trying to sound confident. He had grabbed whatever he could to make this woman as comfortable as possible. Hopefully, this would be the piece of good news, the little miracle, that their day needed.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 7 2018, 03:24 AM

//DROWN
Weakly her gaze tried to follow her benefactor, but she could barely make out his features, let alone a clear picture of his face. Even her surroundings were fuzzy; her vision went in and oi Bad she teetered on the brink of consciousness, ready to pass out at any moment. He said something about a promise, before she felt excruciating pain, enough that she screamed in agony, immediately feeling waves of nausea rolling over her. Her breathing remained laboured, before she circled tighter into a ball from yet another wave of contractions, crying out and whimpering as the pain rolled through her.

She just wanted it over. She wa fed the pain to end. She wanted it all to end.

He helped to move her, sitting her up against the couch with some pillows propped underneath her. Thankfully, without them she would have undoubtedly ended up on her back again; she barely had the strength to speak, let alone try to go through the labour her body was pushing her for. Her chest heaved with effort as the blood started to trickle more, aggravated by any movement she made. Suddenly, she felt a soft cloth being dabbed on her forehead and face, wiping away the beads of sweat that had begun to form. She could half hear his words. The baby.... she had to push? It took a few seconds for that to register, and when it did, it hit her like a truck.

”No.... no, not here, I can’t — it’s not safe,” she began frantically, though her voice just sounded weak and pleading. She tried to keep speaking, but another wave hit her, and she cried out again. Some deep part of her slowly began to realize that she didn’t have another option. She had to go through with this. No matter how dangerous it might be.

Her little girl deserved it. Camryn deserved it, for what he’d sacrificed. Faye knew that.

She drew in a deep breath and out what energy she could into it, her face turning red with effort. Each time she seemed to collapse with further exhaustion, and each time, more blood started to trickle down. The more she pushed, the thicker it flowed, the extra effort forcing more out. Her vision was going fuzzy.... could she do it? She wasn’t sure. Just one more, she said to herself, putting the last bit of effort she could in.

She felt a pressure lift. But even if her child had cried out, she wouldn’t have heard it. The moment her daughter was free, Faye collapsed weakly against the floor, unable to respond. Exhaustion and her injuries were starting to catch up to her, leaving her entirely unconscious.

Bro // we can maybe time skip ahead to morning or something when she wakes up. Whatever works! Tbh she might be out at least a day.
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Mar 8 2018, 01:19 AM
Flash forward to around 1:00 pm the next day, about 12 hours have passed since the fight with the White Fang

Abbot stuck the shovel into the ground and reached up to wipe the sweat from his forehead away with the back of his hand. The storm had raged through the night but cleared up rather quickly this morning. The sun was high in the sky and Abbot could feel it warm his body. He was covered in dirt and grass from the digging, having to resort to removing his shirt so he didn’t sweat it. Abbot looked around as a cool breeze came through the trees. If he was outside for any other reason than his current one, today would be a nice day. He looked back at the house and swallowed hard. The night had been rough. The female Faunus he had helped passed out at some point while giving birth, though that was for the best. He didn’t want her awake for what had happened.

Abbot’s hopes had been low for the child surviving, but he had held on to some of it for her sake. But, it seemed as if his hope had missed placed. She had pushed and pushed, but when the child was born it did not cry. It did not move. It just lay there, in Abbot’s bloody hands. It had been a long time since he had shed a tear, but that night they feel just as the rain did outside. He’d cleaned the woman up as best he could and decided it would be better for her to sleep. At first light, Abbot had taken a small bundle of cloth, a shovel and set out to do what was right. The shallow grave didn’t seem like much, but it was fitting. He’d found a gorgeous stone in the woods. Nothing of real value, but it had an intrinsic beauty all the same. With a knife, he had carved the date and a short poem about the beauty of life, how short it was and nothing was promised. Though, he forgot the author’s name, Abbot though it was enough. Abbot had also grabbed a few wildflowers and lined the grave with them.

He sighed and hoped that the woman inside would appreciate the sentiment. The child deserved a proper burial, but this was the best he could do with what he was given. Abbot leaned on the shovel and began to contemplate his own mortality. He’d seen so much death, so many people he cared about to die that he almost felt numb to it until now. What did that mean? Was there something wrong with him if he felt no sadness anymore? He rarely felt anything now, except brief moments of joy from time to time. Most of the time he would fake being in a good mood for others. He frowned as the memory of his anger the day before came to light. His semblance rarely made an appearance. It was a powerful gift but had many downsides as well. Not to mention, Abbot didn’t like the idea of so much anger and hatred being buried so deep down. He felt like he was carrying a monster around inside of him. Who was patiently waiting for its chance to surface and take control.

Abbot’s stomach made a noise and he realized he hadn’t eaten anything within the last 24 hours. He needed to refuel or else he’d be in a bad way if more of the White Fang showed up. He grabbed the shovel and his shirt before heading inside; leaving the shovel outside, leaning against the house. Abbot had brought a few rations but more would be needed to get back to the nearest village. He grabbed his gear and made a quick hunting trip. He was able to snag a deer and drag it back to the house. Abbot cleaned it and brought the meat inside to cook. Thankfully, the range inside was wood burning and didn’t require a different fuel source. The sun had moved a bit in the sky now, though Abbot didn’t much care for what time it was. If he had to guess, it was probably late afternoon or early evening. The smell of food wafted through the house as Abbot worked. He made two plates of venison steaks and some vegetables he’d found in a small garden out back. Whoever lived her had been setting themselves up to be self-sufficient. It made him nervous about how they had left.

He thought about going to wake up the girl but decided against it. She needed sleep and when she was ready she would be ready. Still, he set her plate down on the table, just in case. Abbot sat down himself and took a long drink from his flask, dreading the conversation he would eventually have to have with her.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 28 2018, 12:13 AM

//DROWN
Lightly the Faunus woman stirred, ears flicking around her as she could hear faint sounds. Sunshine peeked through a window, and the faint sounds of birds chirping could be heard. Even the smell of petrichor came through the window; it was a fresh smell, but not fresh enough for the woman. Her eyes fluttered open, and she took in her surroundings. They were unfamiliar, but she was somehow comfortable; her hair was tousled, though it looked like someone had tried their best to straighten it. Much of her clothing was removed, and she'd been dressed in a long nightgown; it was a little big for her, given it hung well past her knees and very loosely off her shoulders, but it was clean and comfortable, at the very least.

She could see her bloodied clothes set off to the side. What parts of her skin she could see had been treated and bandaged; her head ached, and she could faintly remember the events of the evening before. She'd been on the run... Running from the Fang, again, after they'd found her. Her child... She reached for her abdomen, panicking, eyes wide open. The pain was excruciating as she moved, but the adrenaline and fear overtook it; she couldn't feel anything any more. Her child... Her child was gone.

Faye thought harder. She'd gone into labour... ANd that man had helped her. Was he a friend? She didn't know. Rather, was he friendly? That was the better question. Or perhaps he wasn't... If her child wasn't nearby, then where could she be? Shakily crawling out of the bed, it took her a few moments to gather her bearings, struggling to stand as her legs shook. Her body wasn't quite ready to be moving just yet, but she was fueled by adrenaline and motherly instincts. She needed something. A weapon. Just where had her own weapon gone? She'd dropped it at some point through her run, but it had to be nearby somewhere. She looked around. All she could find was a letter opener.

Well, better than nothing, at least. Grabbing it as she held the blade out in front of her, she shakily approached toward the kitchen, where she could smell food. Of course, her stomach growled in response; she was sure it needed it, given her Aura was probably working overtime to help heal her wounds. She wasn't quiet moving for a Faunus, she knew, but she could still move quietly enough that a human wouldn't hear her.

She emerged into the kitchen, her breathing heavy and ragged as a cold sweat could be seen shimmering on her face. Her feline ears laid flat against the top of her head, indicating her aggressiveness. One arm leaned against the wall, helping to support her, while the other brandished the letter opener like a deadly weapon. Sure, in the right hands it could be deadly, but she wasn't exactly in any sort of fighting condition.

Wouldn't stop her from trying, though.

"Where.... is she?" She bit the words out, green eyes flickering with anger. "What have you done with her?" She was gripping the blade so tightly her knuckles had gone white, making her entire arm shake. She demanded answers, and she was damn well going to get them. She took another step forward, adrenaline taking over as she was ready to spring with rage.

"What have you done with my child?!" she shrieked, making a feinted lunge forward in an attempt to intimidate. However, the motion jarred her body, and she instead stumbled forward, fumbling to catch herself but failing; her knees thudded hard on the wood floor, making a clearly audible sound. Though she tried brandishing the weapon, her grip was faltering, and she couldn't even see clearly enough to make a strike if she needed to.

Bro // Mama kitty is angry!
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Mar 28 2018, 01:31 AM
Abbot stared at his food for a moment. He knew he was hungry, he even felt hungry, but the more he stared at the food the harder he found it was to start eating. He took another long drink from his flask. The familiar burning sensation of the whiskey in it brought him some relief. At least he could feel something right now. He and Lilac were not lucky enough to have experienced the joy of a child. Hell, they didn’t even get the chance to play with the idea of starting a family. With both her parents dying so quickly after she and Abbot had been married, that and their work, they never found the time. It was one of Abbot’s great regrets. Wait, was it? Abbot’s grip on the flask tightened slightly. He wasn’t sure if he could handle seeing a child who would bear any resemblance toward Lilac. Especially, if he knew it was their child. Abbot’s mind began to dive down into the dark recesses of his consciousness. It was place that he rarely ventured because down there all his demons resided.

Thankfully, he was pulled from this abyss by a voice. He looked up to see the woman he had saved before him. The nightgown hung off her slender frame, obviously too big for her. Abbot’s face showed no signs of emotion as she stood there. He took in every detail of her though. Her emerald eyes flashing in anger. The kind of anger you would see in a tiger protecting its cub. Her ears lay flat against her head. Abbot wasn’t sure what kind of Faunus she was, but he’d seen dogs and cats do the same thing before. She was pissed with him. She had every right to be mad right now, and Abbot would take all the blame she wanted to throw at him. He knew what it was like to suffer. There wasn’t too much he could do for her anyways to help her grief.

Abbot noticed something in her hand, a letter opener. Normally, an angry woman with something that could stab him would worry Abbot. But, he understood she was suffering. Granted, he had no idea the intensity of it, but he wasn’t worried. Her wounds were extensive and, even with her Aura working overtime, she wouldn’t have the strength to all out fight with him. At least, he hoped she didn’t. She propped herself up against the wall, using her arm as a support, and the letter opener pointed at him.

Where….is she?’ she asked.

Abbot swallowed. He wanted to speak, but the words wouldn’t come out of his mouth. He simply stared at her, understanding in his eyes. He didn’t move as she continued to question him. Even when she acted as if she would lunge at him, he remained still. Abbot didn’t have it in him to fight her. If that letter opener got close enough, he wasn’t even sure he would stop it. Was his mortality really that much of a fickle thing to him? Was he so contempt with his own mortality that an angry woman who just lost her child not even registering as a threat? No, Abbot was being logical. He knew he’d win this fight if it came down to it. She had too many injuries, her body was starving for nutrients. Either way, Abbot remained collected.

She tried to lunge but failed, her body giving way and she fell to her knees. The loud thud rang out within the stillness of the house. Abbot stood, looking at her and moved. He didn’t move quickly, but he was careful in case she had more fight in her than Abbot was expecting. He knelt down to her level and did exactly what Lilac would have done. He embraced her, just as he would when Lilac was sad. Not tight enough to hurt her with all her injuries, but he hopped it would offer some security. He took a long breath before speaking.

“I’m sorry. I did what I could, but your injuries….they were too severe. She didn’t make it. I’m sorry. She’s buried outside if you want to talk with her. There….there wasn’t anything I could do.” He said softly. Abbot braced himself to feel the letter opener stab him, to feel her fight against him, for her to cry, for her to do something. He simply waited to see how she’d react.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 28 2018, 02:17 AM

//DROWN
Every breath was a sharp stab of pain as she tried to collect herself. Her vision was starry and black, like she’d been hit over the head a few times. She ached all over. It took all of her willpower to even hold the letter opener steady, but her grip was poor, even compared to a student. Sure, as a Huntress she could be deadly... but as an injured postpartum woman, she was far less dangerous. A child could have taken her out with ease.

Focus, Faye, she ordered herself, gasping to catch her breath. She heard him moving, but she couldn’t focus enough to see where he was. Her ears flicked in the direction of the sound, her other senses registering what they could; he was in front of her, but his movements were light and cautious. Was he going to attack? Restrain her? Was this it for her?

Strong arms wrapped around her, holding her tightly. Images flashed through her mind. Camryn used to when she was scared or upset. He always told her it’s be okay. He’d look after her. He’d protect her. But he couldn’t now. He was dead. Gone. The reality sunk deeper than it had before, and she knew now that she was alone. Her team was gone. Her love was gone. And her child.... her child was dead. Some deep part of her had known all along, but she’d ignored it.

Now, it sunk in. The truth made her blood run cold. She began to tremble, the letter opener falling from her hand. What fight she’d had left her; her body went lax, and she shook as tears cane down her face. ”No.... no, no, no, she can’t... she... no....” The words were choked out as she shook with emotion, her mind trying to wrap around it. More images came to her; her injuries. The pain. The hope that maybe she’d survive. How she’d felt her child kick... and then suddenly, how it was gone.

”No..!” She wailed, sobs violently wracking her shoulders as she gave in to her grief. Like a flower, she wilted, her body going slack as she continued to sob. Every motion hurt, but she gripped her own torso, trying to hold herself together to no avail. It hurt. She was truly alone in the world now. What reason did she have to keep going?

Minutes passed. Perhaps half an hour, or an hour, as she grieved. Her sobbing eventually subsided, though she continued to hiccup and shake. And then, weakly, she spoke.

”You... you should go. You can let them come for me... let them kill me. They’ve taken everything I had.... torn everything from me... at least if they kill me, they’ll be showing me mercy.” Her voice was dull, almost dead; the voice of a woman who’d lost all resolve to keep fighting.

Bro // angry kitty is now sad kitty.
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Mar 28 2018, 06:36 PM
Whatever silence had filled the forest before was gone. Now, there was only the sounds of this woman’s sobbing. Abbot stared straight forward, he could feel her shake as she cried. He clenched his teeth as she cried no repeatedly; the reality of what had happen sinking in. Abbot let her cry, let her body drain of all the emotions that had been pent up. He’d been there when Lilac died. The feeling of emptiness, the sinking void that never seems to fill. He’d spend a good amount of time after Lilac passed trying out various vices to see which one could plug the hole that was sinking his ship. But, nothing did. They were momentary patches that would instantly split at the seam. He held the woman tightly as she went limp, helping to keep her upright as she cried. Her body shook like he’d never felt before. The intensity of the emotions she was feeling almost brought a tear to Abbot’s eye. But no, he needed to be strong right now. That’s what Lilac would tell him to do, be strong for this stranger.

Time seemed to pass slowly for them both. Abbot wasn’t exactly sure how long she cried for, but it was long enough for it to become dark outside. The only light that came in for them was the full moon shining through the various windows. Abbot felt her crying subside, replaced with small hiccup’s and the shaking. He wanted to tell her it would get easier, that the pain would go away eventually, but that would be a lie. The truth was, it never get’s better. You just become better at ignoring the pain you feel. Becoming better at pushing it down and burying it. But, he didn’t want that path for her. He’d prefer if she didn’t become an emotionless ghost like him. Well, he had one emotion that made itself very present at certain times. They sat there in silence for a long time, but she eventually spoke.

She told him to go. To let them, he assumed the White Fang, to come for her and kill her. She talked about how much they took from her. She said death would be a mercy for her. Abbot’s jaw clenched, and he tensed up. It was only for a moment, but their proximity would make it possible that she could have felt it. His brow furrowed, and he felt a flash of anger. How could she be so quick to give up on life. Even when Lilac had passed he had known that he needed to continue to live. Because it’s what Lilac would have wanted. But she had a different purpose to latch onto, in his eyes. Revenge. This was a crime that the White Fang needed to answer for, and she needed to become their judge, jury and executioner. For her child’s sake.

How can you say that?” He said, his voice stern. He didn’t move but continued to stare forward. “How can you believe that them killing you would be the best option. If you give up, you’ll have let them get away with what they have taken away from you without and consequences. So, I’m sorry, but I can’t let you simply die. And besides, ‘Abbot chuckled slightly, ‘I killed the ones chasing you. If they come for you, they’ll come for me as well.”

Abbot pulled away from her, keeping his hands on her shoulders, “No, we’re not going to let them get away with this. You’re going to fight back, and I’m going to help you. Misery loves company and all that.” He said with a slight smile.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 29 2018, 12:15 AM

//DROWN
She felt the tension in his body, feeling the anger rising, but none of it even fazed her. She remained unmoving, her posture limp and almost weak. No matter how stern his voice, none of it registered wit the woman. How could she believe them killing her was the best option? There wasn't anything worthwhile left taking from her. Though physically she was alive, psychologically she was dead. Emotionally, she didn't exist. Revenge... She couldn't take revenge on them. She knew why they'd done what they did. She'd betrayed them... Betrayed the very people that raised her. The people that saw her through the Academy. The people that she owed for her position as a Huntress.

"It's... it's not that simple," she said, her voice choked with emotion as she shook her head. Tears fell lightly down her cheeks, and her posture seemed to sink even further, like she was shriveling in on herself. Why would he bother fighting for her? She wasn't worth fighting for. Not when she didn't even have the desire to keep going. "I can't just... they... no... If it was so simple as to take revenge, I... I..." she shook her head. There was no taking revenge on the Fang. How could she, when they'd already taken everything from her? Her team, her love... Her daughter. Her home. She lived a life constantly looking over her shoulder, hoping they weren't chasing her; hoping they hadn't found her.

She was done. The fight in her was gone. Not even a spark of hope remained in her eyes, even as she briefly made eye contact with her benefactor. He didn't even know her... Didn't even know her name, and yet even he seemed to want to fight for her. Why, she wondered? She couldn't believe she'd be worth fighting for.

"Don't waste your time on me. Even if my body is still alive... The rest of me is already dead. There's no point in trying to salvage a lost cause."

Bro // sad kitty, hopeless kitty.
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Mar 29 2018, 08:27 PM
Abbot sighed at this girl, how could she be so far gone. He wasn’t like this when Lilac had passed. Granted, her loss was different to what Abbot had lost. She had been tortured, least her wounds seemed that way, and lost her child because of it. Abbot’lost Lilac because of the Grimm, but they were monsters. She had to deal with the White Fang, which was made upon individuals making choices and not beasts following the simplest of instincts. Plus, she was a Faunus, Abbot assumed she already had some thoughts about them based on that. He hadn’t considered the difference between targeting monsters for revenge and targeting a group of people. He looked her over again and noticed the fresh tear streaks on her cheek. He wiped them away with his sleeve and tapped her on the chin. He needed to get this girl's will going again. He would try to help her find some reason to want to live, even if it was for something as simple as revenge.

He could see the will in her eyes vanish. Abbot sighed and looked at her, feeling something that he hadn’t felt in a long time; pity. The fight in her was gone and he understood. They locked eyes for a moment and she seemed to be studying him. He closed his eyes for a moment and collected his thoughts. Abbot wasn’t sure exactly what to say to her. She was experiencing pain that he hadn’t before. Sure, he’d lost Lilac but that surely couldn’t compare to losing your child after being tortured nearly to death. He couldn’t relate to her on that level, but he needed to reach her somehow. Abbot was going to be damned if he put in all this working keeping her alive just for her to give up on this life.

Abbot opened his eyes and looked at her intensely as she told him not to waste his time on her; that she was a lost cause. Abbot frowned at her, obviously not happy with what he was hearing. No one was a lost cause to him. Not even himself. Abbot took a lot of things too heart. Being betrayed, lied too, used, some things he didn’t forgive right away. But, he no one was beyond redemption. Everyone had a purpose in this life. At least, that’s the thinking that got him through the day. Why else would everything has happened to him in his life? Abbot believed that destiny had many trials and tribulations along the path it laid before you. But, everything that was there was something to make you stronger, to help you realize your ultimate purpose in this existence. Abbot’s might as well be killing every Grimm he came across. And even if that’s all he was here for, he’d be damned if he didn’t do it as best he can. That’s what Lilac would want, that’s what his team would have wanted. They wouldn’t want him moping around, waiting for death to come. They’d want him to fight and with everything he had.

Look, ‘He said with an intensity to match the look in his eyes, ‘We don’t know each other, but I can promise you that you’re not a lost cause. Sometimes people go through terrible things, that’s how life goes. But, that’s only to make you stronger. When you get to the end of the path that destiny has laid out for you, it’ll take everything you have to finish that fight. So yes, you’ve experienced something that no one should ever experience. That doesn’t mean you’re already dead or that you’re a lost cause. You have to fight this, conquer it. The pain never goes away, trust me…
Abbot’s voice trialed for a moment and a distant look came over his eyes as his mind flashed back to his time at Beacon, his team, his time with Lilac. He quickly came back to the present, cleared his throat and looked at her again.

But, you get used to it. You’ll learn how to deal with it. For me, it’s killing every Grimm out there. Even if it takes me a hundred lifetimes, I’ll do it. Your destiny is still out there, waiting for you to reach the end of it. And no, this isn’t the end of the road for you. You still have much to do.”

Abbot’s hands squeezed her shoulders a bit tighter, “You will get through this Hell, even if I have to hold your hand and walk you through it myself.” He said. Abbot looked at her for a moment, then quickly looked away. The slightest tint of red hitting the top of his ears. He didn’t mean to get so intense with her and felt a brief moment of embarrassment. He looked at her again, smiling slightly, “My name is Abbot, by the way. Abbot Carmine, I’m a Huntsmen.
^
Hunter
Faunus
Female
CORL
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Huntress

AB-

Height

Handedness

Right

Birthday

Partner

Camryn

Faye Odhran
 Posted on: Mar 30 2018, 03:04 AM

//DROWN
She knew she could easily end things right now if she wanted. He didn't know her; he had no idea what she'd been through. What she'd suffered. She almost couldn't look him in the eyes; she almost didn't want him to see the look in her eyes. But she couldn't ignore what he was saying... Not exactly. She knew it would be easy to end if it she wanted to, and some part of her truly wanted to. She could see the letter opener within reach; it would have been easy to reach for it and take her life. Very, very easy. But at the same time... she couldn't. She couldn't bring herself to ignore this man's kindness... the way he fought, despite not knowing her, not even knowing her name... not knowing what she'd truly suffered.

But he suddenly wiped away her tears, and she found herself confused. She wasn't sure about this sudden kindness... Why, for a total stranger? She couldn't understand it. He had no reason to care. He had no reason to stick around like this; he really could abandon her if he wanted. What was in it for him, she wondered? He mentioned learning to live with pain, and she wondered, had he been through the same or similar? She wondered.... and she wanted to know.

She saw that distant look in his eyes... and it intrigued her. The intensity almost scared her; she hadn't seen that in anyone. Not in a long time. It somehow reminded her of Camryn... And that hurt even more. She couldn't break her gaze away. Thankfully, he could, as she heard him proclaim he'd walk her through the hell she was experiencing by the hand if he had to. That was a hell of a thing to say to someone you barely new, but the moment he tore away from her, she too looked away, not sure how to respond. She simply stayed quiet. Very quiet. She had no idea how to respond... How to acknowledge what he was offering. Could she, she wondered? Could she really keep going, if a stranger believed in her?

He said his name. Abbot. Abbot Carmine. Not a name that she recognized, but it took her a few moments before she responded. Her gaze was still turned away. She hadn't missed the embarrassment he suddenly showed. Speaking that way to someone had a strange intimacy to it, not the kind one would show to a stranger. There was a pregnant pause before she replied.

"...Faye. Faye Odhran." Her voice was quiet, almost inaudible. She was at war with herself, wondering if it was worth it to keep talking. But she did. "...I'm also a Huntress. Although a poor one, given..." She didn't finish that sentence, swallowing the lump that formed in her throat. The words were difficult for her to say, but she managed to choke them out, her voice thickening with emotion.

"Where.... where is she?" She asked somberly, feeling her eyes sting with tears again. He'd said he buried her, but she didn't know where, or if she could even make it there on her own. Probably not, given it had been such a struggle for her to even make it down the hall; even now, she remained kneeling on the floor, barely even able to sit straight. "i should... I..." I should say goodbye, she thought to herself, though she couldn't speak the words. Goodbye. Saying goodbye... It was to truly accept what had happened.

Bro // sad kitty, hopeless kitty.
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Abbot Carmine
 Posted on: Apr 1 2018, 04:24 AM
A name, he now had a name to put to the green eyes and cat ears. Faye Odhran, she had told him. It suited her, Faye. It had an almost mystical sound to it. She herself, to Abbot, seemed a bit mystical herself. Something about her intrigued him. He found himself wanting to know what had happened to her, why she was running, why the Fang was so intent on killing her. But, he quickly boxed up those questions in his head. He placed them in a box, made it as small as he could and buried it. He wasn’t sure why he wanted to know more about her. There was the moment, in the woods, where she had looked like Lilac. Could that be it, Abbot wondered. Was he feeling so protective of Faye because for the swiftest of moments she had looked like his late wife? That might be it. He also liked to think that he was a decent person and wanted to help her. Granted, he was going through a lot of trouble for a stranger. No, this is what Lilac would have wanted. He could almost hear the earful he would have gotten if he hadn’t helped Faye to the fullest extent of his abilities.

She told him she was also a Huntress, but seemed to sell herself short; calling herself a poor one. He chuckled, “There is no such thing as a poor Huntress or Huntsmen, there are only those that are and are not. Least, that’s what I was always told.” He watched her swallow hard. Abbot felt bad for this woman, she had been through a lot. He hoped that she could at least forgive herself for what had happened to the child. Grieving wasn’t the hard part of a loss like this. The hard part was finding the will to move on. Abbot had experienced this first hand and he hopped that Faye would do the same. Though, they may be for different reasons. Faye asked where she was, and he knew right away she was talking about the child. She wanted to do something. And, even though she didn’t finish saying what it was, Abbot knew what she meant. She wanted to say goodbye to the little girl that would have been her daughter
Yes, yes you should. She’s right outside. I did what I could to make her resting place…presentable. Though I know it doesn’t do it justice.” Abbot said to her and he stood up.

Abbot offered her his hand to help her up before grabbing heading outside. He walked to the door, grabbing a candle and lighting it so they could see. He walked to the small grave and stood before it, the candlelight casting a soft, flickering light over it. Thankfully the moon was full and bright tonight, so the area was fairly illuminated. Abbot stood there, deciding he should remain silent while Faye said her goodbyes. He knew that the hardest part for her was soon to come. The day to day existence after suffering a massive loss. But he had faith that she would be okay, for his sake he hoped so, at least.
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Sister Sites
Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings Maelstrom: You create the galaxy The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play DigiCode