Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
  • Site Announcements
  • OOC Plugs
  • Staff Updates
Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 04 02 00 06
Schnee Dust 01 00 00 01
Atlas Academy 14 09 01 24
Helios Academy 01 02 00 03
Anima Citizen 01 03 00 04
Haven Academy 10 19 00 29
Sanctum Academy 00 02 00 02
W. Sanus Citizen 01 00 00 01
Shade Academy 13 10 00 23
Shadow Academy 01 00 00 01
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 07 10 00 17
Signal Academy 01 03 00 04
White Fang 04 09 00 13
Assault Faction 01 02 00 03
Hunter 13 19 00 32
Menagerie 01 00 00 01
Totals 73 90 01 164
Members 21
Staff
Saskaadministrator
Chaosmoderator
Ayamoderator
Dorianmoderator
Marymoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Closed
New Poll

Forging forward, Ephedra
Stirling Thistle
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 06:01 PM
BP
Weapon
Sam and Dean
Semblance
Balancer
Male
Ziggy

Scratching, soft breaths, the smell of crisp air along the gentle breeze of air, everything seemed apparent to Stirling as he let his pencil dart along his sketchpad that rested in the palms of his hands. He gave a soft smile to his work as he ran his fingers along the potrait to adjust the shading and boldness of the marks left upon the pad before he would continue upon the task. How long had he been sitting there upon that bench, an hour, hour and a half, who knew at this point, once he was in his drawing zone he wasn't going to come out of it for a while. 'You know you spend way too much time in that notebook of yours, you should run around more.', Finn's voice rang in his mind as he smiled softly, running his finger along certain points of the notebook to smudge drawing a bit to bring out more detail. "Maybe...but then again it's a good way to keep memories of things you find...", he stopped before looking up from the book, it was clearly a mind trick but for just a moment he saw his old team ahead of him, a team he lead and that died for him during the Vale incident. Finn standing there with that goofy grin of his as the other two girls motioning for him to join up with them, soft giggles and banter ensued. "....and those things you've lost.", he finished his sentence from before as he sighed.

He still lived with that pain every day, he knew there was no bringing them back but it never helped that he couldn't have done something more to be able to save them all. The weapons he carried that was once their own was a grim reminder of that sad truth that he had lost them, and upon staring at them a little longer, their ghostly visages faded from sight and back into memory. Shaking his head softly, he returned to his notebook, drawing and etching a bit more as his eyes darted above the sketchbook now and then to take notes on the surroundings in front of him. He wanted to get it right, the drawing was rather impressive as it was but this was more than that, it was a tribute to them and he wanted it done.

Some more time passed and he sighed, sliding the pencil into the top rings of the pad to hold it in place as he looked at the image. It had been all but completed but for now, it was finished. The image had where he was sitting at that moment, the bench had his three friends upon it laughing and smiling with one another and place in between them all, was white and yet to be drawn in. It was a place for him...but he didn't think the picture needed to ruined like that. "No place for me there...", he said as he ran his hand sympathetically along the picture before sighing and rested his head back, staring up at the sky. "Now I hear I'm probably going to be given a new team...can I even be trusted with a new one now, after what happened to the others? What are they even thinking up there?", he mumbled as he huffed a breath of frustration.

[[ Mask ]]
PM
^
Ephedra Radolf
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 07:29 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Tell me a story, Brother?
Tell me why our parents went away?
Please don't leave me too; I can't be alone.
It was truly a beautiful day to be exploring the small island of Patch. It was so calm and peaceful here; nothing like the battle scarred area of Vale that Beacon resided in. It amazed the young Ephedra that there was so much uninhabited land with trees and plants on it. There was so much liveable space compared to her home in Vacuo that she wasn't sure she'd ever get used to it. Being a girl that enjoyed the company of animals exclusively was difficult in a place where anything had difficulty surviving. Still, Vacuo was a lot more welcoming to the faunus than Vale was.

After the attack on Beacon by members of the White Fang, Ephie had decided that her and her brother needed to stay in the area and do what they could to help. She enjoyed helping people, and felt that everyone should do so if they could. They'd left behind their friends and home to come and assist however they could with rebuilding the city, but all that they'd really gotten back from it was side glances and awkward conversations. The twins were obviously outsiders; they'd never been seen in Vale before. On top of that, they were faunus, like the faunus that had attacked them on that fatal night. It was hard to be a faunus in a society that feared you were part of the White Fang, but sometimes, there was nothing you could do to change your circumstances.

But, Ephie had yet to recieve any nasty looks today, as she'd been taking a day to herself. She'd been so busy trying to help everyone that it was driving her crazy, and making her a bit cranky. Only her brother seemed to notice how edgy she was getting, and he was the one that sent her out to the woods to interact with the local wildlife. It was honestly the best thing that had happened to her in a while; she'd never seen most of the animals in Vale before, and she was very excited to be learning about them. She'd spent several hours that morning watching squirrels play in the trees, bouncing from branch to branch as they went along their way, squabbling over nuts. She also spent a long while staring into a river, watching the fish dart about as they looked for food. Overall, she was having a good time.

Eventually, she decided that she needed to head back to Sanctum. She didn't need to worry anyone by being gone too long. However, the girl had a knack for being a bit clumsy, and a touch of bad luck was in the air. Somehow, she managed to trip and tumble down a hill, roll across a meadow, and fall down another hill. All of this sent her crashing into the bench that a certain artist was sitting on. The poor girl sat up with a small groan, the hood of her cloak falling back and her ears perking up a bit as she tried to orient herself again. "That wasn't fun..."
^
Stirling Thistle
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 07:22 PM
BP
Weapon
Sam and Dean
Semblance
Balancer
Male
Ziggy

Stirling had started to go through the different images he had jotted down in his sketchpad, different places, people, animals, and of course food he had over the time he had the pad. It was a rather nice trip down memory lane as he flipped through it all, until he started hearing some kind of rustling behind him. It was faint at first so he didn't really pay it too much attention as he sat the notebook down and adjusted his beanie cap that rested upon his head. He was starting to get a bit hungry now that he sat there for a minute, wondered what would be a good place for lunch.

So many different choices to make, mainly because he didn't have a particular craving, which made it especially difficult for him to decide what he wanted to go for. "Eh...I have plenty of Lien, maybe a burger. Yeah...yeah a burger and a shake would be pretty good right about no-what is that sound!?", he asked aloud, his prior thought sitting itself upon the back burner now as he looked around, until the bench he was sitting upon rattled, causing him to jump in surprise before turning around, seeing a young woman laying there.

"Oh my, are y-you okay!? Geez that sounded like it hurt!", he exclaimed while leaping up from the bench and rounding it to get to her. It didn't take long to notice her ears, making her as a Faunus rather easily to see. Couldn't help but bring up some memories of his friends but now wasn't the time for that, after all she could be rather hurt from that tumble she had taken. Speaking of, where did she fall from exactly. He looked up and about the area a moment, looking about for any possible explanation but when she had spoken about something not being fun, he had to chuckle and nod. "On that, I will agree. You feeling alright?", he asked her, his voice layered with concern.

[ Mask ]
PM
^
Ephedra Radolf
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 11:38 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

The poor girl sat up and rubbed her head, still trying to get herself oriented. She really hated how clumsy she could be at times; it was a surprise that she hadn't messed up too bad during the exam to het into Beacon, or else she simply wouldn't have. As she rubbed her head, she noticed her hood was down, and quickly pulled it back up, covering her ears once again. She looked around to try and establish where she was, and was trying to determine exactly how much she'd fallen when she realized that there was someone trying to talk to her.

Ephie looked up at the boy with wide eyes, unsure how he would treat a Faunus who had so rudely interrupted whatever he was doing. She had never had to worry about such a thing when she was in Vacuo, but Vale had proven time and time again that it wasn't Vacuo, and she'd had to learn to adapt quickly to it. She bit her lip nervously as she looked up at the boy, debating whether it was really safe to speak to him. "I-I'm fine... A-are you okay? she managed to stutter out, hoping that he wouldn't hold the fact that she literally crashed into him against her.

She stood up and brushed herself off, feeling a blush rise in her cheeks in embarrassment. She didn't even like her teammates knowing how clumsy she was, and now a stranger knew. And he looked like he was older than her, but still a student, which meant that if he wanted to, he could let all the upper years know how much of a mess the incoming class was. She was very worried that he'd cause problems for her team, but she knew she couldn't run away before he told her that he was okay.

Tags: Ziggy
^
Stirling Thistle
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 09:00 PM
BP
Weapon
Sam and Dean
Semblance
Balancer
Male
Ziggy

She did seem to be out of it when he spoke to her, probably a lot more shaken up from the tumble she had taken before hand. She also seemed really concious about her ears given how quickly she pulled her hood back over her head. He didn't blame her though after what had happened to Beacon, a lot of people were looking harshly at Faunus now for the White Fang's involvement in the school's downfall. Didn't mean a thing to him though, after all she didn't attack him so what reason would he have to hate her, he didn't even know her. Besides, his friends would have helped the girl, and what would they have said if he flew off the handle on her for no reason.

he spoke up shortly afterwards though, albeit she seemed nervous about the whole thing as she bit at her bottom lip. She had rather nice facial features, smooth, soft, and a very sweet demeanor that went with them. Honestly if anyone saw her as a menace he'd have probably socked them right in the jaw from being a jerk. She also seemed to be concerned for his well being, nodding at her question as he patted his pants and shirt to show he was perfectly fine. "You don't have to worry about me, I can take a beating. I'm perfectly fine.", he said with a rather cheery tone in his voice, doing anything he could to make sure she wasn't too worried about him too much.

However, looking further at her, he couldn't help but tilt his head in thought about something. She looked like she belonged at the school but from a younger year, most likely first which made him a bit sad. His first year was spent in the wonderful halls of Beacon Academy and now...well if she was a first year, she'd have books for now. The Grimm still hold the academy and until they were gone, it was stuck at Signal for everyone. Ah well, it was time to take a chance and ask some stuff. "My name's Stirling Thistle...do you go to the academy here by chance? I'm a Beacon Student myself...or at lewast I will be again when we get the school back." , he said with a more solemn note to the last part of the statement.

[[ Mask ]]
PM
^
Ephedra Radolf
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 11:44 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Ephie looked up at the boy, her ears barely visible under her hood. She liked how the cloak helped push them down and make them blend in a bit with her hair; they were so much less noticeable then. She also enjoyed just having a cloak in general, as she found Vale incredibly chillly compared to her home kingdom of Vacuo. But, she was learning to adapt to this strange new Kingdom; while it was definitely very different, she was learning all sorts of new things.

She nodded a little bit when he said he was fine, her cheeks still flushed red in embarassment. She hated that she had accidentally tumbled down a hill and run into him, but at least no one had been hurt this time. She looked a bit surprised when he asked whether she went to school and what year she was in, and she didn't really hide it well. "I-I'm Ephedra Radolf... I j-just started at Beacon t-this year. My b-brother and I m-moved her from Vacuo..." the girl managed to stutter out, obviously incredibly nervous.

She looked at the ground, pulling her cloak around herself more for comfort and warmth. It was sadly like a safety blanket for her when her brother wasn't around to keep the attention off of her; she really got nervous around people she didn't know. She glanced up at him, gnawing at her bottom lip again. "S-so you were a-at Beacon last y-year? Do you think t-they can get the school b-back?"
^
Stirling Thistle
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 07:54 PM
BP
Weapon
Sam and Dean
Semblance
Balancer
Male
Ziggy

Ephedra Radolf, it was a rather nice name to be sure, not one that really rolled off the tongue but still a very nice one all the same. Sometimes it made him question his name when he heard names like her, Beggers couldn't be choosers though, that was something he knew and his name wasn't that bad, hell if he remembered correctly he was named after his grand father, so there was that. Then there was the fact that Finn would purposely call him Starling, after a bird because of how flighty he could get when it came to going on dates with girls and the like. Maybe it was time to get a fresh start, maybe it was time to slowly and surely open himself to others in the world, maybe that was he should do after all.

She was also a first year at Beacon, boy did she get given the worse possible time to be allowed in as a student. The place they all had to learn at now was Signal academy, after all Beacon had fallen and with it so many people. He wanted to get his school back, to get his Dorm room back, to get classes back, to get his LIFE back. While so many things may be gone, there was still a change, still hope out there that they could somehow pick up all the pieces the Grimm and the White fang through on the floor and put them back together again. He was going to make it happen, alongside all of those who were going to risk their lives to bring Beacon back up and running, he had no choice. In fact, he was scheduled in a few days to help fight in beacon, so here was hoping about that.

He smiled towards the girl now, nodding his head as he spoke. "I'm a third year myself, and trust me the place is wonderful. We'll get it back though, that I can promise you. I'm going to make sure of that, not much I can do compared to a real seasoned hunter but that's what teaming up is for.", he said with a confident tone of voice as he nodded. "Still, Signal is a great place, you can learn alot here and we have our teachers still, you just have to be patient. If anything, by your second year I hope the school will be up and running enough for you to be there."

[[ Mask ]]
PM
^
Ephedra Radolf
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 11:25 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Ephie looked up at the boy for a second before looking down with a blush. She didn't want to bother the boy, he was her senior, after all, but if he kept talking to her, she wouldn't be able to leave. She only hoped that meant he wanted to talk to her; she needed some friends in this new school after all. Moving from Vacuo to Vale right after a major tragedy might not have been the most normal or well thought out plan, but it's what her and her brother had done. They both wanted to help people, and there was no better place to do that right now than Vale, a kingdom that had been devistated by a Grimm attack. They needed all hands on deck right now, and she was an extra pair of hands

She nodded a little at his words, hoping that he was right, and that they could get Beacon back. She would love to attend the school she'd heard so much about; everyone that had been there seemed to love it. It would truly be a shame if she never got to see it because of the attack, and the frozen draconic Grimm that still clung to the top of it's spires. "S-Signal seems nice... M-my brother and I-I came over to t-try and help after the f-fall..."

The girl only hoped that he didn't misconstrue her intentions after she told him that she came to help. She knew that the White Fang had attacked the people here, and a Faunus that came to 'help' might very well be simply a White Fang meant to try and cause havoc with the attempt to reclaim Beacon. She knew that she couldn't do much to help fix things, but she was, in fact, here to help. No matter what anyone did or said, she was going to do all she could. Well, except use her Semblance. Her brother was very specific about her not using that, because it drained her so much.
^
Stirling Thistle
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 05:40 PM
BP
Weapon
Sam and Dean
Semblance
Balancer
Male
Ziggy

Signal, sure it wasn't Beacon but it was still far better than leaving the children without their lessons, without a chance to achieve their dreams. Sure there was a giant dragon atop of the Beacon now and yes the Grim were still responding to it's presence and spawning all over but it wouldn't last forever. They were going to get the school back, she would see it for herself and all the other students will too, old and new, they will have their home back. He smiled at her comment about Signal, seems she agreed about the institution as well that it was at least nice, after all it was all they really had left.

"Well that's very noble of you both, I know we could use all the help we can get at this point. It'll be a long time coming but in the end, you'll both make a difference I'm sure. Still...if you need someone to help you anytime, don't be afraid to track me down. You may be a Faunus and right now it might be a bit tough on you guys but you'll have a friend in me, that's for sure.", he said with a smile. He loved Faunus, and that will never change no matter what hardship may come his way.

PM
^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates

Chatbox