Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
  • Site Announcements
  • OOC Plugs
  • Staff Updates
Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 04 02 00 06
Schnee Dust 01 00 00 01
Atlas Academy 14 09 01 24
Helios Academy 01 02 00 03
Anima Citizen 01 03 00 04
Haven Academy 10 19 00 29
Sanctum Academy 00 02 00 02
W. Sanus Citizen 01 00 00 01
Shade Academy 13 10 00 23
Shadow Academy 01 00 00 01
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 07 10 00 17
Signal Academy 01 03 00 04
White Fang 04 09 00 13
Assault Faction 01 02 00 03
Hunter 13 19 00 32
Menagerie 01 00 00 01
Totals 73 90 01 164
Members 21
Staff
Saskaadministrator
Chaosmoderator
Ayamoderator
Dorianmoderator
Marymoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Crossing Paths, Naia and Gahiji
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 01:05 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

The warm, desert sun beamed down overhead. Although, to a native of the harsh sandy plains, the heat tended not to be terribly much of a bother. Especially if you wore a noticeable amount of the color white, which a certain graduated huntsman was adorned of in plenty as he walked through the streets of Vacuo. He chuckled quietly to himself as he bit into an apple, something he had brought with him from his travels since it was relatively hard to grow most kinds of vegetation in an area of little rain and almost shorter amounts of workable soil. The moist pieces of the fruit helped to keep the man cooler than he already thought he was, and he was sad to finish up his last bite, tossing the core aside in a local waste-bin.

It had been a long time since he'd been home to Vacuo. Work often kept him busy, and the past couple of months had been nothing but hunting Grimm from small town to small town with occasional nights at a shady inn. Once in a blue moon, he might come across a familiar face. Someone he graduated with, or a Huntsman he had worked with previously on an assignment. However, these meetings were usually brief as both were preoccupied with their own work. He hadn't seen anyone from his former team in ages. He knew Shiraz and Naia had both settled down as teachers, from mixtures of here-say and an extremely rare run in from one of the other three, but he had chosen to go out into the field. After all, he had his own goals that he had to fulfill. Besides, even if he had wanted to, it was probably best that he hadn't become a teacher. There was no telling what kind of mischief he would have caused.

Coming to a cross-road more towards the center of the city, Gahiji looked up, staring out towards the much taller building that served as Shade Academy. Actually, coming back home, visiting Shiraz had been one of the things on the higher end of the to-do list. Seeing the treasure hunter would be a nice change of pace, and it would be a good thing to catch up and exchange stories in the aftermath of the fall of Beacon. While Gahiji had never been excessively religious, he found himself constantly praying for the students and citizens that had suffered so much loss at the hands of the White Fang and Grimm. It had pushed him to worry about his own comrades, and while he wasn't quite sure where the other two were at the moment, he knew exactly where to find Shiraz, which marked him to be the first stop on his list. Who knows? Perhaps the others had come across the same idea.

Tags: Mask
PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 01:30 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

Night after night the nightmares return,
What do they want me to learn?
Shattered dreams and hopes.
Naia took a deep breath as she stepped off the airship that had brought her here from Vale. It had been too long since she'd tasted the dusty air of the desert, felt its heat, and drunk in the sun. She had truly missed the place where she'd spent so many happy years with her teammates; Shade was truly her home in many ways. She just wished that she could see her old team again, as she missed them dearly. It had been too long since she'd seen her boys, and with the tragedies as of late, she knew that she didn't need to put it off any longer. She'd decided to come to Shade to see Shiraz, and hope that her old leader could put her mind at ease after what happened to her beautiful horns.

The woman walked off from the landing pad, a single bag over her shoulder containing all her belongings. She walked into the city, pleased to see that things hadn't changed much since she'd graduated almost nine years ago; she could still find her way home with her eyes shut, and she was sure that she still knew the best places to get in trouble too. But, she didn't need to get in any trouble today, she just needed to find Shiraz and then a place to stay. She was really hoping that the man would let her just crash at his place, but on the off chance that he wouldn't, she made notes of the 'vacant rooms' signs at some popular inns as she walked down the streets. She wasn't going to spend the night on the ground, that was for sure.

She was soon in the center of the city, and she was debating whether to grab a snack from the tasty looking pastry cart on the south side of the square when she saw a familiar head of white hair. No... It can't be... she thought, her eyes widening in shock. Suddenly, all thoughts of pastries were out of her head. The gold jewelry that covered the stumps of her horns glinted in the bright sun as she took off, running towards the white haired man. "Iji!!"
Tags: Feathers
PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 02:59 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

Gahiji felt himself physically cringed at the nickname he had been given from his days back at Shade. It was mainly used by his teammates, but a couple of his other classmates had adopted it as well. He let out a small sigh, turning around with his eyes closed, he placed a hand to his forehead, pushing back his hair with an agitated look. "Alright now, who's-" As he opened his eyes, he saw a familiar head of blue-locks paired with a rather skimpy outfit. Feeling his annoyance wash away, he chuckled, taking a single step forward.

"Naia!" he called, taking a knee and spreading his arms wide in preparation to embrace her in a hug. The bluenette had been his partner when he enrolled at Shade. She was one of the first people he had grown close to following his father's death, and it was really nice to see his friend once more. He wondered how she had been since Beacon had fallen, but there would time to discuss that later.

PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 03:28 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

I'll just continue to toss and turn.
Naia practically collapsed into her partner's arms, tears springing up in her eyes. She nuzzled his neck affectionately, something that she hadn't done in so long that it felt foreign to the girl. By this point, it should be obvious to the man that she was different; where her almost foot long Kudu horns used to be, there were now just golden shells, incredibly short in comparison. She didn't say anything about it, though, as she clung to the boy, just happy to see him again.

Eventually, though, she did have to let him go, and when she did, she looked up at him, small tears falling from her eyes. "It's been so long, Iji... It's so good to see you..." She gave him another hug, holding him tighter this time. It was worth all the travel, and the nightmares that drove her to come here, just to see him. And now that she had him back, she knew that she disn't want to let him go. Her team helped her so many years ago figure out how to live life and be a good person, no matter what happened in the past. She knew that they could do it again, and finding Iji out here just proved that.
PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 04:25 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

Gahiji steadied himself as Naia fell into him, wrapping his arms tightly around her and squeezing her as tightly as he good. Her warmth was a much appreciated and familiar feeling, and he gave a small laugh as she nuzzled his neck. She had always been very affectionate and loving of him and her teammates, and it was nice to have her safe in his arms for the first time in almost a decade. It meant she was safe, and that was the most important thing to Gahiji right now. Something felt a little off about it, however. Like something had changed about her. Without moving, he glanced slightly to where her horns had once been, and saw that in their place was a much smaller set of jewelry that covered where they once had been. He frowned for a second. He would have to make note to ask her about that in a moment.

When she had let him go the first time, he hadn't expected her to tackle him again, almost losing his balance but catching himself just in time to hold her once again. He smiled, reaching a hand up and petting her hair in an attempt to console her in her emotional state. "It's good to see you again, Naia. I'm glad to see that you're safe."

PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 07:33 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

Naia pulled away and looked up at the man before glancing around. "Let's go sit and talk. We have a lot of catching up to do." She pulled him to the nearest cafe and sat at the table, smiling happily. This was really the best day that she'd had since the fall of Beacon, when she lost her horns. She took a breath and looked around, nostalgia filling her, and tears falling down her face. She was just so glad to be back here with her favorite teammate. She looked back at him with a smile. "It hasn't changed much, has it?"

She could still remember running around this town with her teammates, causing trouble as they went about their daily lives. They weren't the most inconspicuous group after all, and they were always getting in trouble in school. If Shiraz hadn't had such a silver tongue, they probably would have been punished for most of it to. But, that was all in the past. "So, tell me how you've been? It feels like forever since I've seen you..."
PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 09:00 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

"It had been some time, hasn't it?" Iji laughed, leaning back in his seat with a smile and placing his hands behind his head, reclining backwards and making sure not to fall as he looked towards his partner. "Life's been well. I've travelled all over the world since we left Shade. I've met all sorts of people of all different cultures, taking work for the headmasters. It's a fun life, as a Huntsman. I've fought many different types of Grimm that you'd have to see to believe they existed." He chuckled, looking towards the sky.

"It does get kind of lonely though," he confessed. "It was much more enjoyable working with the team. Keeping Shiraz out of trouble. Working with you." He stopped, taking a moment to think back to all the hijinks they got into and letting out a small chuckle. He did glance slight back downward, frowning slightly before sitting his chair back down on the ground, placing his arms on his legs as he stared directly into Naia's eyes with a much more serious expression. "Naia, what happened to your horns?"

PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 12:31 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

"I think the last time I saw you was Shiraz's twenty fifth birthday party... though you did duck out early from that..." Naia replied with a smile, remembering the crazy party. That was the night she decided that while a little drinking was fun, a lot of drinking made for a heck of a party. She wished she could remember the end of that night, but after a certain point things just went dark. And then she woke up in a tree outside of the inn they'd rented out for the party, wearing a bear costume. Things definitely got weird that night.

"I missed being with the team too. I've spent the years working at different schools, trying to help out wherever I can," Naia replied with a small laugh, smiling. Their lives had truly turned out different, even though they had been part of the same team. But then he asked about her horns, and her face fell. She looked away from him, tears springing to her eyes. She reached up and touched the gold colored coverings over where her horns used to be and shook her head a little. She didn't like thinking about what happened. "I-I... well... I lost them at the fall of Beacon."

PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 04:47 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

It was true, that he'd left Shiraz's birthday early. The man had gotten really drunk that evening just like his partner. However, Gahiji hadn't quite woken up in a bear costume, and had found himself waking up in someone else's bed. Although, Shiraz would be proud, that likely wouldn't be the best thing to Naia. He laughed at the thought, but caught himself quickly as heard her tone change. When she said she'd lost her horns in the fall of Beacon, Gahiji felt his heart drop in his chest.

Not sooner than the words had escaped her mouth had he moved over to squeeze her tightly once more, hugging her as close to him as possible. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, petting her hair once more, although his own voice shaking as he did so. Naia's horns had always been something she'd taken pride in. A reminder of her faunus heritage that she had grown up with and grown in different ways because of. It couldn't have been easy for Naia to handle the loss for a while, and the idea of her being hurt in such away struck him where it counted.

"Hey," he continued, a small smirk gracing his lips as he regained as much composure as he could manage. "You look just as gorgeous as ever." He pulled back far enough to give a her a playful wink as he teased the faunus. "I'm here for you. Whatever I can do, you just say the word!"

PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 11:39 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

Naia stiffened a little when the man wrapped his arms around her before collapsing against him, allowing her tears to fall. She sobbed against his shoulder, letting her sorrow out for the first time since it happened. She had missed Iji, he was her partner, and she couldn't imagine that anyone else would ever understand her like he did. She trembled in his arms, letting it all out. She missed her horns terribly; they meant so much to her. They reminded her of her father who died in the war. They reminded her of the kids that bullied her because they didnt' know better. And they reminded her of her friends that accepted an angsty Faunus into their lives and taught her that not everyone would hate her. And now, now her horns were gone.

The woman looked up at his words, tears in her eyes. She sniffled a little before giggling, a light blush on her cheeks. "And you're as annoying as ever. Didn't you boys learn not to mess with me years ago?" She gave him a tight squeeze before sitting back and wiping her eyes, banishing her tears. She'd cried enough for one day. She should focus on catching up with a friend she had been scared she'd never see again. Iji made her happy, after all, and he deserved to get to see that happiness. "If you really want to do something for me, you can give me a place to crash for the night. I kinda didn't set anything up before I came here..."

PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 12:41 AM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

Iji felt a bead of sweat roll down his head, and he let out another genuine laugh as he scratched his head once more. "We didn't listen to every lesson," he said, taking two fingers and lightly flicking her forehead to continue teasing her and keeping her smiling. She'd always been easy to mess with, and to see her smiling and blushing was a lot better than seeing her in pain and in tears.

Then, in typical Iji fashion, he scratched his cheek, smiling rather nervously as she asked about living arrangements. "Well, you see," the white-haired man began. "I came into town without any plans either. I was kindaaaaa hoping Saz would be able to help me out. But if it comes to it, I'd be glad to share a hotel room with you."

PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 03:35 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

Naia giggled a little and pat his head, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Being around him brought back so many memories of the good old days, and it almost made her want to terrorize the town again like they used to. The two of them had been so good at causeing trouble together, and things only got better when they were with the rest of their team. She knew those days were long gone, but she couldn't help but miss it. And if Iji was here, maybe she could have one more day like that.

"Well, if you don't have a place to stay and neither do I, the only option is to break into Shiri's place! I know where it is, and he's going to be busy teaching, so we'll be able to get in with no problem." The blue haired woman looked into his eyes, hoping that he'd be up for messing with their old leader. She could use a bit of a mischief pick me up, after all.
PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 06:06 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

"Oh really now?" Iji smirked, getting an extremely familiar glint in his eye that he only ever had when he was about to make trouble. It was a look Naia probably knew all too well, especially from when they were younger. He had gotten the same look the time they had taken all of Shiraz's clothes and forced him to walk to class naked (much to the pleasure of all his female classmates and humor of his male companions). He had also gotten the same look when they had managed to hang Naia's bed perfectly from the ceiling. A feat which he had still not revealed how he managed to the faunus to this day.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind," Iji chuckled, messing with Naia's hair. A little misadventure never hurt anyone. And if it was at the expense of Shiraz? That made it all the more enticing. With that same smirk on his face, he stood up, offering Naia a hand. "Well, milady. What are we waiting for?~"

PM
^
Naia Cernunnos
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 09:04 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Female
Gahiji
Mask

Naia giggled and nodded, standing up. She knew that what she was doing was a bit mean, but she also felt that Iji needed to be punished for losing touch with his team for so long. He didn't even try to keep in touch with her when he was off wandering the world, and that hurt her quite a bit. They were a team, but more than that they were family. She had been in love with Iji during school, but him leaving like he did crushed any hope she had of ever being with the boy. At least Shiri hadn't completely abandoned her like her partner did.

The girl grabbed his hand with a wicked grin and started pulling him through the streets of Vacuo. Shiraz didn't have an apartment in the city, but Iji didn't need to know that. She was going to take him to the home of a rather well known dominatrix and send him in through the window. That would be a good shock for the boy, and if she could tape it all on her Scroll, a good laugh for their entire team. "Try and keep up, Iji!"

PM
^
Gahiji Lilac
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 09:34 PM
SNGN
BP
Weapon
Semblance
Male
Naia Cernunnos
Feathers

It was true. Iji had gone of the grid for over half a decade, only to reappear occasionally when something important occurred, such as Shiraz's birthday party and the anniversary of his father's death. It's not that he wanted to leave his team. In fact, he loved his team. He had never been excessively close to Shiraz's partner, but the two had frequently poked fun at Shiraz's expense, and Naia had always been the person he could trust the most. In fact, she was the only one he felt comfortable in confiding in when his darker emotions threatened to surface once more. Despite his trust and affection for his team, Iji had things he had dedicated himself towards following graduation. Thinks that weren't exactly the healthiest for himself, and he didn't want to drag his partner or other teammates into. Iji was going to find the man that killed his father, and he didn't want to hurt his friends in his pursuit of that endeavor. No matter how much he hated having to go radio silent.

The white-haired man was startled at first when Naia grabbed his hand. He had never been to Shiraz's home, so he had no clue what it looked like. However, he trusted Naia to a fault, if no one else. He had no reason to believe she would be playing him in this particular instance. In his mind, he was already plotting the mischief he could cause in his former leader's apartment. Maybe this time he would teach Naia the way they had put the bed on the ceiling. That would be a nice way to connect to the girl after spending a long time apart.

It was really nice to his best friend once again.

PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates

Chatbox