Push Menu State is
World of Remnant -> Repairs and Ideas (Closed)
  • Staff
    Wanted Canons
    HIGH PRIORITY CANONS

MEDIUM PRIORITY CANONS

LOW PRIORITY CANONS
  • About Us
    World of Remnant is an AU, post-Volume 3 roleplay. Opened in February of 2016, World of Remnant diverges from the Volume 3 storyline around the Fall of Beacon, with storyline changes that drive our site in a different direction. We constantly update with new canons as they are revealed in the RWBY series, as well as lore updates as we learn more about Remnant's world. We boast an expanded lore and a dedicated administrative team that gives depth to Remnant for a roleplay perspective.

With an 18+ community, World of Remnant boasts an atmosphere of 'quality over quantity' in our apps, posts, and plots; we have no word count, though it is expected that members will post healthy and thorough posts without being locked down by the dreaded 'word count' of their post. With a simplified combat system that uses no stats, World of Remnant remains a story-focused, alternate-universe timeline with RWBY canons and a plethora of original characters.

Updates
    06.16.2018: We've added more than a few new things as of the past day or so! Make sure you check out the Advertising Contest, and while you're at it, take a look at our latest Site Newsletter. The newsletter has a lot of information that was added, so if you haven't checked it out, make sure you do so you're up to date on things!

06.07.2018: After much long and arduous work, World of Remnant has finally revealed its newest skin, called Let's Just Live. The new skin is part of a fresher, more advanced layout compared to our old layout, while still retaining the readability and contrast our other layouts were well-known for. There are three more skins planned for the next series: This Life Is Mine, featuring Weiss Schnee, Like Morning Follows Night featuring Blake, and Armed And Ready featuring Yang. We do not have any tentative release dates for these upcoming skins, but stay tuned for them regardless!

Current Time
    Remnant's current month is
    SEPTEMBER, YEAR 3
    The second term has begun at all academies, and after a short break between terms, students are gearing up to attend the 41st Vytal Festival. This year, it is hosted on the neutral island of Vytal, as opposed to being hosted in one of the four Kingdoms.
  • Credits
    Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited. JQuery tabbed code and toggle cbox code by Kismet.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Repairs and Ideas (Closed), w/ Taupe Brout

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Nov 8 2017, 03:56 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
Tags: Taupe Brout
Out of all of the mistakes she had ever made, this single mistake had to top the list. Normally, Diamante took wonderful care of her weapon. She'd made it from the ground up after all. One would hope she would know what she was doing. And..well, to an extent, she did. Unfortunately, this was beyond the scope of what she knew. Of all the delicate parts that Slicing Ascher had, the older style of firing mechanism that had been inspired by her father's weapon was by far the hardest to actually repair. Hell, she'd needed assistance with actually creating the weapon when that time rolled around back when she was still a student in Shadow.

Of course, the weapon's firing mechanism being broken was a HUGE problem. After all, the firing mechanism's trigger also acted as the knuckle guard on the handle of her weapon. Really, it was most likely that part of the firing mechanism that connected to the guard itself had broken. Still, she wasn't much good with all of the delicate moving parts. At least, not with firearms. She always worried too much about accidentally losing a crucial part of the mechanisms, and that stress made her hands too shaky to actually properly fit the parts where they needed to go. Of course, without the trigger working, the actual firearm portion of her gunblade didn't work. If it didn't work, then the entire portion of her weapon that utilized dust was useless.

As such, she had to explain to several of her teachers why she couldn't actively participate in the practical portions of classes today. Unfortunately, that left her with more notes than most people in the class. Still, her classes were over for the day. Thankfully, she didn't need to waste any time changing out of a uniform. Surprisingly there weren't too many really good shops for huntsmen and huntresses and their student counterparts to come to for repairs to their weapons. Thankfully, her father had spent enough time all throughout the world, and a quick trip back home earned her a name. Desert Bronze. Interesting.

"Hmm..where could it be.." She muttered under her breath as she walked through the city, her sleeveless blue duster sweater's loose tail billowing in the wind as she walked through the city, keeping Slicing Ascher close to herself not out of fear of where she was, but because she didn't want to have to fumble with taking it off of her person to be looked at. Eventually, she found the shop she was looking for, the bell dinging as she walked into the store. It was almost strange how out of place the store looked, both on the inside and outside.

Apparently the store had been here for years. And yet, looking at it would give someone the opposite impression. Still, she walked up to the counter and placed her weapon on it, looking around for an employee. Hopefully she wouldn't be waiting for all that long.
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Nov 9 2017, 06:43 AM

Taupe was in the back of the store, at the forge. Practicing his metalsmithing techniques so he could at the very least refine or reforge small cracks or mistakes. He looked over the back of the metallic blade he had been given and carefully hit it with a hammer, although that was too soft. With a grunt, he hit it a little harder, to which his employer simply shook their head. After receiving some sage blacksmithing advice for the sake of his practice, Taupe noticed the store's bell ringing. "Oh. i'll get that."

As he told his master that, he carefully and safely handed the reigns of the forge back over to the blacksmith. Practice wasn't going too well, he was far too used to the sensitive perfection of tinkering to apply the necessary raw power and craftsmanship to get blacksmithing done. It'd be probably easier if he just hit too hard at first and then toned it down, until he got it right... Anycase, there was a customer to get to. He left the protective gloves and glasses on the spot he retrieved them from, making sure everything around the dangerous forge was well organized. Coming out of the hot door from the back, Taupe's face had a good bit of soot on it, and his Apron only had more. He looked over to the Counter.

"I'll be right with you." he yelled before stepping over the a cloth and hoisting it up to his face, rubbing fervently, leaving a few coal black stripes over his face, but generally looking a little more approachable and cleaner. Such a young looking figure having soot here and there had a sort of craftsman charm. Although Taupe was far from a 'rugged' look. Soot-covered apron and striped face, he approached a sink which was closer to the counter and washed his hands. As he was a little closer now, he could look over to the customer. "Welcome to Desert Bronze."

His first words were warm, and as he finished washing his hands and drying them off, he moved over, noting the similarities between the two. Freakishly dark eyes, nigh-black hair with highlights, pale-ish skin. Only where she wor blue, Taupe wore a variety of colours, although he didn't have his hoodie on right now. He picked his hoodie up off of the chair at the other side of the counter and tied it around his neck. Only an idiot would take a precious fashion accessory into a forge, after all. "Rarely are we visited by someone with such fashion sense"

His expression and tone was silly, and he quickly changed his focus to the weapon. It was hard to tell if his eyes were dilating or not, due to their dark nature, but he stared at the device all the same. He was taking all of it in, a beautiful classical looking gunblade, with both beautiful detailing and a nigh-perfect shape. He could just imagine swinging it around himself. He wondered what the weight disposition was like and at what force it fired, perhaps what unique ammo mechanisms it might use. Parts of it seemed rather vintage in design, for lack of better word. "That's a very good weapon, i'm impressed by the craftsmanship. I take it you'd like something with it since you're putting it on the counter?"

template by saska for use only on world of remnant. do not reuse without permission.
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 12:26 AM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
Notes:
Admittedly, it was a touch strange being in a weapon store, now that she had a weapon of her own. It felt like she'd traveled back in time. The last time she'd been in a weapon shop, she had been with her father, who utilized a sword similar to the one she did. She didn't remember what she had been there for, but she remembered that they had been there for a similar reason. Something about his weapon needed fixing. Of course, what she didn't remember was that her father's sword and sheathe were part of a transformation.

When combined in the proper way, his sword's handle extended out into the haft of a polearm, and the sheathe's sides actually took on curves to create crescent blades, while the blade of the sword was pushed out of the sheathe as it transformed, allowing him to utilize a rather useful polearm. That sheathe had broken, and needed repairs. Eventually, he gave up on being a huntsman. Of course, that sheathe was still with him, and she had been given the more basic version, his original sheathe, back from when his sword merely had the firing mechanisms for a rifle built into it.

Still, even with the things she couldn't remember, looking around at the weapons that were hung up around the area was an interesting experience. She'd grown so accustomed to Slicing Ascher that she'd very nearly forgotten what it was like to be experimental with one's weapons. Of course, her attention was snapped back towards the door to the back of the shop when someone spoke up. She merely nodded silently when they said that they would be with her, and proceeded to continue looking through the weapons and eventually starting to look through the glass counter. There were dozens of crystals..eventually she would need to get a second set. Slicing Ascher had been using these crystals for a good while now..

However, of everything that she had seen in her time as a huntress-in-training, nothing had prepared her for what she saw when she was welcomed to the store. It was like looking into a mirror. A funhouse mirror, to be sure, but still a mirror. Still, she couldn't help but chuckle at the compliment. Thankfully, the idle chatter didn't last long, as the attendant looked to her weapon. It was obvious by the time he took looking it over that he appreciated it. Admittedly, that was interesting. She never really had met someone who appreciated the simpler weapons before. Still, when he complimented her weapon and asked if she wanted something with it, Diamante merely nodded before she spoke up.

"That would be correct. You see this knuckle guard right here on the handle?" She asked as she pointed to the guard of her sword's handle. "Well, that's also the trigger for my weapon's built in firearm. Unfortunately, it seems to have broken. When the firearm is inactive, the guard is supposed to lock in place, as the wheel-lock acts as a safety as well.

Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. The guard is moveable in both states. It also doesn't fire. The crystal housing in the pommel still rotates with every other push, so I believe that the firing mechanism itself is broken. I would fix this myself, but I worry too much about losing parts, and that makes my hands shakier when I try to tinker with the gun bits..hence, why I'm here."
She explained, smiling sheepishly as she finished her explanation.

"I know this isn't really a challenge, or even all that difficult to do..but could you please take a look at her and see what exactly has gone wrong? Getting to the firing mechanism should be easy, it's all built into the handle and the little scoop for the wheel-lock." She said, rubbing the back of her neck almost nervously. She really did feel like she was the stereotypical helpless girl. Really, she could have fixed this on her own. She SHOULD have been fixing this on her own. But..well..the last time she had tried to do anything with firearms was when she had made Slicing Ascher. Even then, she'd had to get assistance from a professor at Shadow. Her hands had been too shaky, and she'd fumbled a lot with the many tiny parts. Hopefully this person wouldn't give her too much flak for coming with such a simple problem..
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 09:30 AM
The casual conversation had lasted shortly, and they had gone almost straight into business. honestly, Taupe couldn't find reason to complain about that, since he'd be working with a good weapon, and if anything that likely meant the owner ha some love for the weapon, too. He'd love to see her handle it, especially cause he liked the similar ease of use that a sword offered, especially with a gun in-built instead of as transformation. Taupe watched and nodded, already mentally creating 3d sketches of the weapons mechanisms as she explained it. He took in every bit she said, and already started creating an understanding of the weapon, and how the mechanisms worked. it all seemed... semi-similar. Like a read through his weapon history books. Weapons with mechanisms like these weren't often made anymore, although that might be a bias from being taught as an Atlesian gunsmith, over a Mistralian one.

"Interesting. It'd take a long good look for me to really determine the issue properly, since apparently it's causing malfunction on multiple parts. Can't do workarounds and small fixes for something like that... You a huntress or a huntress in training?" Taupe continued, since he preferred to know who he was fixing weapons for, and it meant he could discount her a bit, or she could even opt to fix it herself with him at the side if she so preferred. There was a little sign that detailed the service Taupe offered for using one of the workbenches, a free service for any huntsman, huntress or their respective students, apparently.

He started giving the weapon a closer look, but before deciding on what to do, he wanted to hear her input on the available options and what she would pick, so he didn't pick up the weapon quite yet, although he did opt to carefully touch it here and there, and get a feel of how the parts moved, and what seemed out of place.
template by saska for use only on world of remnant. do not reuse without permission.

Don't forget to tag me! happened upon this by chance, but you might not be so lucky next time/ with others :P

PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 08:38 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
Notes: Fritsle
Admittedly, Diamante didn't know what she expected to hear after she explained the issues with her weapon. It was a break that not only affected the actual ability to fire of the weapon, but also the locking mechanism for the guard itself. Still, it did admittedly irk her a bit that her precious weapon wouldn't be fixed very easily. As such, she sighed softly when the weird opposite gender version of her told her that it wouldn't be fixed quickly. Still, she just nodded politely. "That's fine. I'd rather it be done right than have to come back a few days later with a different problem." She said as she dug into the pocket of her sweater, grabbing the plain leather wallet she kept in it.

After a few moments of digging, she pulled out her student ID. "I'm a huntress-in-training. I'm currently going to Shade, as you can see from my ID." She said as she placed the card on the counter. If Taupe looked it over, he would see that everything checked out. It was made of all the right materials, had the right information, and just generally seemed to be legitimate. Of course, she did notice the sign. Technically, she could fix it herself. She had the skills to do so, after all. Really, it was just a matter of keeping things organized, something she had a lot of trouble with when she was really getting into making repairs.

Of course, there were plenty of options. She could theoretically just leave her only weapon here, and wander around the city like she was just some normal kid. If worse came to worse, she could always fall back on hand to hand combat with the assistance of her semblance for distracting purposes. After all, it wasn't like there was going to be any shortage of earthen particles for her to manipulate. Vacuo did have quite the abundance of sand, after all. Of course, that didn't sit right with her. It wasn't like she didn't trust the people who worked here. After all, this was a store that her father recommended she go to with this issue. Really, it was more of a personal thing. She didn't really feel comfortable leaving her weapon with someone else. She had spent so much time making it in the way that she did that it just wouldn't feel the same if she didn't know exactly what all changes were made to the weapon.

After a few moments of consideration, Diamante ran a hand through her hair. "And..no offense, but I would prefer to just have someone keeping an eye on everything that I take out of this. I made this thing myself, after all. It just..wouldn't feel right if I left it here to be fixed." She explained as she reached out, grabbing hold of Slicing Ascher's handle and slowly removing it from the counter, her other hand coming up to hold the blade gingerly as she did so. It was very obvious by the way she held it that she cared deeply about this weapon. It was easy to believe that she had made such a weapon herself.

Between the somewhat antique form that the weapon took on, the way it just wholly refused to be a transforming weapon, and now the way that she carried it? It was obvious that this weapon was very much a part of who she felt she was as a huntress-in-training. Hopefully that would be enough to earn her a fair bit of respect here. Usually it just got her weird looks, after all.
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Nov 10 2017, 10:41 PM

Outside of his first look at the card, scanning over it and knowing it to look valid, he also put it by a scanner by the computer of the counter. It checked in green, counting it as currently valid. Taupe nodded and gave her her ID back and started thinking on what to say next, maybe speak of what he could offer. But she seemed deep in thought. He let that continue by itself slowly coming closer to the counter and placing down an arm to relax his head on looking besides her with a friendly and calmed expression. She ran her hand through her hair and gripped her beautiful blade back.

"None taken at all. i'm glad, honestly. You care for that weapon like no other. Besides, if it ever comes to it, it pays off knowing your weapon inside and out. I'm Taupe, the store's Gunsmith. Nice to meet you, Diamante."
He smiled, having read her name off the ID she had given him and what displayed on his screen. He offered her his hand as was customary by introductions. After it was taken or denied, he'd walk around to a flap by the side, opening it up to her and welcoming her to the other half of the store, where all the tools and the workbenches she'd need would be.

Taupe went over to his own personal workbench and stretched out. he got himself nice and comfy on a stool and posted up his Scroll on the mount by the wall, bringing it to some plans and blueprints he had. Seeing her passion got him remembering the times he spent at Atlas science academy, he had always held a similar love for his documents and researches, making him work carefully on the critique he received from his teachers, which made him learn rapidly. The moment of reminiscing was externally visible, as he stared into nothingness in distraction, mind playing memories like a slideshow. He was a little older than a teenager already, and it was slowly starting to show.
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Nov 15 2017, 06:00 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
Tagged: Fritsle
When Taupe scanned the card and explained that it was fine that she wanted to do it herself, Diamante almost immediately seemed to relax. It was nice to see someone that actually understood. She had a few changes she wanted to make to the weapon as a whole as well, but that would be a thing for later. Still, as Taupe introduced himself, Diamante merely smiled at him as she sheathed her weapon, taking the hand offered and shaking it. Well, at least he's not named after a gemstone too..that'd make things a bit more awkward, given that we already look really similar.. She thought as she let go of his hand, walking over to the now open back half of the store.

"It's nice to meet you too Taupe. Though you should probably stay fairly close to where I'll be working. I tend to get a..touch disorganized." She admitted with a nervous chuckle as she walked over to a workbench, slotting her scroll into the mount above the bench, her fingers moving with a rather impressive amount of speed as she pulled up the folder holding the various blueprints that she had for Slicing Ascher. It seemed that each part of the weapon held a different blueprint, almost like the main blueprint had been split into various parts to make it easier for her to understand. Without much ceremony, she pulled up the blueprints for Slicing Ascher's firearm component, which opened up a blueprint that showed a rather detailed figure of the inside of Slicing Ascher's handle, along with the final few inches of the blade, the scoop that the wheel-lock was supposed to slide into being included as the primary entrance for modification.

Diamante sighed softly as she started tinkering with the scoop, eventually managing to remove the cover for it that gave access to the more complex parts. True to her word, she already seemed to be fairly disorganized, as the tools she had used to remove the scoop were now scattered across the table, one of which was hidden beneath it. Still, she wasn't done. She grabbed another tool, slowly removing the hand guard. With that done, she could actually start getting to the root of the problem..hopefully. It had been quite some time since she'd tinkered with the firearm aspect of her weapon.

She sighed softly as she continued to tinker, hoping for the best as various pieces were removed, the smaller bits being buried underneath the veritable avalanche of larger parts and tools that she was using. If someone didn't actually help her out, it was very likely that she wouldn't be able to put her weapon back together. Oh dear. Still, she seemed to be working very hard, glancing up from the weapon to the blueprint and then back again. She clearly was taking this fix very seriously. She needed to make Slicing Ascher work again. Everything that she could do as a student rested on being able to fix it.
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Nov 16 2017, 03:59 PM
Diamante seemed to be satisfied by the conditions, and the working environment that Taupe provided within Desert Bronze. And Taupe could ask for nothing more. She hinted at her chaotic nature and requested him to stay closeby, which he did, moving to the workbench next to her. He let her work her beautiful weapon, the Slicing Ascher. He looked over to the blueprints she had. Oh by the brothers, a huntress in training with actual blueprints. That was something he rarely saw and terribly respected. He loved looking over the little details and bits of the design, and looked at the weapon itself as she deconstructed it.

"It's always a pleasure to help someone and stay by them while they work such a masterful weapon. The functional design is very good too, this is a well assembled weapon."
He said, leaning over her table a little more. He noticed she wasn't very organised with the parts, to which he simply chuckled. He got a few plastic lidless containers and put them in a corner of her workbench. he put each screw and small item into them in an organised way, organised by approximate size, which he was quick in doing. "I'm not the most organized person either, you just gotta find the right life hacks and whoop, sudden professionalism and compensation for you personal flaws."

Taupe grinned at her as he had already done the first bit of organising into the baskets. Seeing this beauty made him desire to work on an own design. He went through the designs on his own scroll, curiously wondering if he could create something nearly the same calibre as Slicing Ascher. It'd be difficult, he'd have to run multiple calculations and possibly simulations to perfect the little details that the experienced designer did right intuitively. But if he didn't have to worry about budget... His mind went off on a little tangent, theorizing possible ideas, as he grabbed a blue sheet of paper and a white pencil. He drew on it with meticulous perfection, making straight lines as if it were his second nature, making annotations and notes, with difficult words relating back to the scientific journal on technology he had been reading recently.

Although on a tangent, he was reminded by his own scatterbrained self that he was still trying to help Diamante. He looked over with what part she was busy with, and checked if she looked like she could use help, ontop of that, he asked a little question. with a smile, he cocked his head and asked "Did you make and design it all by yourself?"

Valkyron
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Nov 16 2017, 07:12 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
Usually, a huntress in training wouldn't have been allowed into a school if they couldn't keep organized. Thankfully, Shadow had the most relaxed rules of any academy, and allowed Diamante to join in spite of how disorganized she had been when she first made Slicing Ascher. Still, it was very much an annoying hindrance, and made it harder for her to actually take the weapon apart and put it back together. As such, Diamante really was grateful when she caught Taupe out of the corner of her eye. He was organizing the veritable mess of parts, and made them actually manageable.

Of course, she had heard what he said at first. Really, she had too much focus on her weapon. She couldn't really respond just yet. Still, she did smile at what he said at first. Of course, when he brought up the 'life hack' thing, Diamante couldn't help but chuckle as she pulled out the final few pieces, finding that a handful of parts had broken. Namely one of the gears governing the lifting and lowering of the wheel-lock, and the pieces that pushed the internal safety of the weapon into place when the wheel lock was risen.

"I suppose that could be true. But, life hack or no, there's no fixing this broken gear and these broken pieces of the safety mechanism." She said, sounding simultaneously irritated and also rather pacified. However, when she was asked if she designed and made the weapon herself, Diamante chuckled. "The basic design, yes. I had some assistance from various professors with making it, as I had a difficult time with the actual moving parts. The design itself actually was inspired by a few older weapons that I saw when my mom took me to the museum when I was younger.

That's why it's not as sophisticated as you'd normally see. I do eventually plan on adding a transformation function to it though. Most likely into some kind of Polearm, to make it to where I have more options."

She explained as she looked the smaller broken parts over. The gear was unsalvageable, and the safety parts weren't too far off from that. With a sigh, she ran a hand over her face. "So..how much would it be for a gear about this size, and this handful of parts?" She asked as she looked over at Taupe. It was obvious that she didn't like that she was so fucked by what parts had broken. As she waited for his answer, she slowly organized the pieces that were left, lifting Slicing Ascher off of the table soon after, shaking it to extract the broken pieces of gear.
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Nov 16 2017, 08:21 PM

Taupe nodded as she mentioned the broken parts, and looked them over a little as she pretty much cleared up her weapon of all the little parts, Letting Taupe get a good view. He fiddled with his hair as he looked over the design, thinking deeply. He took the broken gear and tried to literally just break it in half with his hands, almost expecting it to be brittle. regardless of his success or not, he continued. "Well, the design has some flaws which caused this to happen at a slightly accelerated rate. How often do you fire this weapon versus how often you maintain it?"

Giving her a moment to answer, he looked over the blueprints on her scroll for a second, placing a finger on his chin and moving over to the computer by the counter, tapping away at it. "You see, the firing mechanism you have.. ah, yeah... Yeah, it's based on older firing mechanisms, which isn't bad per sé, but the amount of use the gun portion of weaponry has seen has drastically increased in day and age on top of the amount of Dust within ammunitions. I take it your teachers also had some concern on the durability of your weapon?"

He pulled his hood back and stood up, speaking those last words with the critique and sass of someone who truely knew their weapons through and through, kind of dissing the teacher in their own mind for not warning Diamante on this. Walking over to a storage cabinet, he opened it up with a soft 'shfff', grabbing a pair of tinker's goggles from it, a looking glass which he could fix infront of his eye. He then continued talking in full ramble mode, only half aware that he had so much to say and was going to be rambling on it for a while. "You see, as you may know, Dust is a versatile but also very volatile material, and because the technology and accessibility to special solvents and scientifically researched substances were hard to come by, actually highly functioning guns meant to be used continually were large, bulky and hard to come by for even the most elite hunters. Guns in blades or other melee weapons were just emergency firearms made to make an occasional shot, and require more regular maintenances, since the only way to counteract the volatility of Dust eating away at your mechanical parts, was by re-applying the coating as often as possible. Nowadays, we have new technologies and substances to supplement our mechanical creations which allow us to make much smaller and more versatile ranged weaponry, which can tolerate more continuous fire. They do so either by means of reducing or containing any possible dust offshoot in their mechanism or having parts that resist the dust erosion, where the former is more common."

He grabbed the broken gear, split in half by him or not, and took a closer look at it. Using his tinker's goggles he looked at the surface for scratch, wear, tear, most specifically dust erosion. "Applying more dust to weaponry has also made it more capable in the hands of huntresses as yourself, as aura can be used to agitate dust and there seems to be some relation to the user's mastery over aura, although not perfectly and scientifically determined. Simply put, it gives the effect of stronger huntsman shooting stronger shots with the weapon of the same calibre some sense, although i've yet to see an official article on it. To fix your weapon, outside of a new gear, you'd need to coating the gear and other vital mechanisms that come in contact with dust-offshoot from the firing mechanism often, or have it coated by special dust resistant coating, which i can acquire and apply... Oh shit i have been rambling."

He grunted and looked away, mouthing a soft 'sorry' as he thought on what to say next, namely trying to get some useful information across to the girl. He took a deep breath and thought about what he was going to say next, but his thought was long enough that it seemed like a pause waiting for her reply, allowing her to talk.

PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Nov 26 2017, 08:44 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
Though Taupe had been expecting the gear he picked up to be brittle, he would be pleasantly surprised to see that it was of rather impressive strength, not even bending in spite of the fact that it was already broken. Still, when she was asked how often she fired, versus how often it was maintained, Diamante couldn't really help but shrug. "I..can't give an accurate answer to that. Really, how often I fire the weapon is based off of the situation I find myself in. On a REALLY bad day..I guess I'd be firing a grand total of thirty times, and performing maintenance twice every other week?

She said, giving a very overblown idea of how bad things could get. Though one look at the parts themselves would show that her idea of a bad day happened very rarely. If anything, it seemed like they had just recently been put under that much stress, and THAT had been what had caused the destruction of these parts. However, when she had asked if her professors had spoken up in worry about the durability of her weapon, she smiled sheepishly. "I..may or may not have not been listening while I was making her.." She explained as she grabbed a stylus for the scroll off of the table, starting to sketch out some rough extra bits to the blueprint in white. It seemed that she eventually planned on adding a transformation aspect, if the white markings were to be believed. Though she obviously didn't know what to do, as she really drew out an extended handle, and then wrote down a note to figure out what type of polearm to use.

Of course, she had listened to Taupe's rambling. It was filled with various good points. She needed to utilize more resistant parts, and refine the way that the weapon worked. Still, for now she needed a temporary fix, so that she could actually utilize her weapon. Once he apologized however, Diamante just chuckled and turned to face him. "Well, if these aren't up to snuff, why don't we just replace all of the internal workings with parts that are? I can only assume you already saw the blueprint I kept, so you should have an idea of where all the parts go. And even if you don't, I know where they go. You'll just have to make sure I don't lose track of any parts." She said, sounding almost overly simple in her response.

Sure, they could replace all the parts currently in her weapon with dust resistant parts..but that would likely be intensely expensive. Still, she didn't mind. Once she finished speaking, she saved the edited blueprint as a copy, quickly erasing the marks made on the original blueprint, that way she had it as a baseline to work with. Once that was done, she nodded a bit. "I know that there would likely be more simple, less expensive ways of stopping this problem, but I do eventually plan to rework the weapon. I want to have a more long reaching version of it, so I do want to add a transformation sequence eventually. For now though, just fixing the weapon would be adequate."
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Nov 27 2017, 05:31 AM

The gear was actually less brittle than he expected, which did make him smile. The wear of erosion was a correct assessment, but due to smart use of the weapon and relatively regular maintenance, she had managed to minimize the damage significantly, the gear's sign of dust erosion was enough to softly adjust the weight which disturbed the balance of the mechanisms, but not nearly enough to make the gear ready to break at any second. She said that the worst case scenario she'd maintain it weekly, which was already above the norm for regular shade students, who usually only maintained it monthly. He was glad that she had cared for the high maintenance weapon she had given to herself. She had sketched some adjustments to her blueprints when he had ranted.

Before he could continue talking, she took the conversation up on her side, suggesting a complete part replacement. It could work, even as a permanent fix if you adjust the firing mechanism to catch and/or expel the dust offshoot, but that didn't seem to be what she was aiming for. Besides, it would make her beauty much much uglier, something he did not approve of himself. It was almost a masterwork in itself, and he was definitely willing to be by it's side as she worked on it and made the device flourish into a true piece of deadly art.

"A full replacement... Yeah, you could upgrade parts with things that are up to snuff, but that would require an order. I don't think i can make all of those parts to those specifications with the stuff i have here... I mean. i could try, and it would be cheaper, but it'd be an experimental process." He scratched his chin, thinking. it wouldn't be a quick fix. Thinking back on a quick fix so she could go back to using it, he looked to the gear she had, feeling it up. He could easily offer a replacement for it, which will certainly do for a quick fix and just need some coating. "Can you send me the blueprints? You can work on fully dismantling your weapon and I'll work on creating some quick fix parts. They'll be cheap and sturdy. I'll give you a coating which is easy to apply, remove and reapply. You'll need to reapply it every other day to be on the safe side, but we should be able to get those other parts in a week, either via order from Atlas or Mistral or as a cheaper, riskier experimentation for Me a- i mean, The smithy and I, to go through."

He smiled with the final word of the offer, right after correcting his own grammar error, and sat next to her, placing his scroll down and activating it's wireless receiver so she could send over the files. He made sure each little bucket with all the small parts was filled with every little screw and cap she had. While she would send the data, he stood up for a short second, and with two steps and a stretch, he grabbed a few glass jars with small parts in them. replacement screws and stuff. He placed it by her workbench so she could consider replacing smaller parts where might be necessary.
Valkyron
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 03:28 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
For the first time since Diamante had walked into this workshop, Taupe would see something other than a smile on the young huntress-in-training's face. She had been almost fully expecting to be able to go ahead and just replace every single part within it right here and now. She didn't really think that she'd have to come back a second time. Really, her impatience was showing with how she furrowed her brow at the mention of having to specially order the parts. Still, she rubbed the back of her neck and sighed.

Sure, it was a little disappointing to know that she wouldn't have it fixed in one trip, but now that she thought about it, it was probably unreasonable to have the idea that it'd be fixable in one go given how many problems there seemed to be within it. Still, when she was asked to send the blueprints over to his scroll, she activated the wireless receiver on her end as well, sending the highly detailed original blueprints off to Taupe's scroll, turning her wireless off once the copy of the file was made and then sent.

Of course, Taupe had offered up several paths to choose from. Order from Atlas or Mistral and have it safely be ready in a week, or go with experimentation and potentially risk having to design an entirely new weapon. For the first time, Diamante had to just grit her teeth and take the longer route. "You know, normally I'd be all for getting something done quicker. But something in my gut is telling me that if we go the route of experimentation, I'll end up needing to design an entirely new weapon. I don't want to have to do that. I already have to figure out how to incorporate two foldable frames and a second locking mechanism into the upgrade that I want to eventually give this weapon. I don't want all of that time to go to waste."

She said as she started dismantling the whole weapon, starting by slowly removing the handle, revealing that the pommel actually had a whole mechanism that allowed her to keep track of which dust crystal was being used by changing the color of the glass pane, along with the handle itself being what held the multi-use cartridges. In mere minutes, she had the whole weapon down to just the blade itself. And without all of the extra bits attached to it on display, it had become rather clear that the spine of the blade wasn't mere steel. It was actually a rather durable barrel for a rifle.

Interesting. Most versions of a weapon like this would have the barrel hidden within the blade itself, with an opening near the point of the blade allowing for the weapon to fire. Just as the blueprints would have shown, the whole weapon was surprisingly complex, as the cartridges were holding crystals of the varying basic types of dust, the ones that were easiest and cheapest to get hold of, more specifically. "Alright..so the scabbard itself is what would need to be modifiable into a polearm..the only question is what kind...halberd? Hmm..no..that'd make it a little too unweildly.." She said, muttering to herself as she pulled up the secondary blueprint, seemingly focusing in on the actual mechanisms that would be needed to upgrade the weapon in the way she wanted to do.
^
W. Sanus Citizen
Human
Male
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Arms Designer

B-

Height

Handedness

5'6"

Right

Birthday

Partner

March 27th

Taupe Brout
 Posted on: Dec 6 2017, 02:29 PM

Tags:
Valkyron

Notes:
So much Science
Taupe nodded slowly at her assessment of the possible need to redesign her weapon. She showed great forethought and care for her weapon, which only served to solidify the respect she had already earned in Taupe's eyes. She seemed slightly irritated, but nonetheless ready to make her choice. Taupe listened to the decision made with a solemn nod. With the blueprints received, he started copying over a variety of the data of the weapons parts and pulled up various lists of materials, piecing together the right parts, the right coating and generally the perfect ingredients to aid and complete the weapon. "I'll have the order out within the end of the day. We'll definitely have all the stuff by next week."

Taupe made sure to assure her this, as he gathered the necessary information at a rapid pace. If one were to look at his screen, they'd see an unusual amount of numbers and calculations on his scroll. Taupe was checking at least 12 different candidate materials, before assigning one as the proper material for Slicing Aescher's new replacement parts. All that to make sure the upgrade would not make a single difference in the actual phsyical properties of the weapon, ensuring it would handle equally to how it did now, while reinforcing it's mechanisms where possible.

Taupe scratched his chin at the notice of the two foldable frames and the locking mechanism. He wondered what she planned to do and how he could help. He did pride himself in his expert creation of mechanical parts and definitely would enjoy to help her out and figure what she was doing. He looked at the combination of her physical weapon and the design he had gotten. Interesting, a Barrel as the back of the blade wasn't a common occurrence anymore, but the way she had implemented it definitely gave some advantages Taupe had not considered within the creation of a gun-blade. "Impressive. the ease of use of Slicing Aescher must be nigh-unparalleled. the weight division, the way recoil is handled. This weapon oozes expertise and good design."

And it is then she mentioned the possibility of making it also double as a pole-arm, which is why she mentioned the other parts. Thinking about structural integrity and the overall weight of a weapon, Taupe opened his mouth, ready to talk, before remembering his earlier rambling and generic habit of just talking and talking on. He hushed himself before saying way more than he should, and instead settled with just one question, tilting his head slightly to Diamante. "Mind if i chime in? I'm curious to what exactly you're trying to do, and what i might think of it."

PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Diamante Brynja
 Posted on: Dec 7 2017, 03:28 PM
Diamante Brynja
The "Diamond Armor"
By the time that Taupe had said that they would definitely have everything that they needed by next week, Diamante was so far within her own mind that she really could only nod. She still hadn't decided what kind of polearm she was going to use. As such, she was focusing on the handle first.

That was going to be the difficult part. It would need to be telescopic, along with being able to lock in place as both the polearm's shaft and the handle of the sword itself. Along with that, she needed to make sure that she wouldn't disturb the weight distribution of the weapon itself, even though most polearms also required a counterweight at the end of the shaft.

Of course, the downside to being so deeply focused on what she was doing was that she actually didn't hear the compliment. Instead, she kept muttering to herself."So the handle would need to be remade out of a lightweight material, and the guard would need to become retractable.." She said, mumbling softly as she made some rough sketches on top of the blueprint with the stylus she had put down previously. Admittedly, going from a one handed sword to a polearm was a bold idea. It was just going to be difficult to apply in practice than it would be to apply in theory.

However, when Taupe spoke up again, it seemed to jolt Diamante out of her little state of intense focus. "Oh..um..sure. I just am trying to figure out how to add a functioning polearm transformation sequence into the weapon without utterly messing its non-transformed state up.." She said, scooting to the side to allow Taupe to look at the blueprints without having to lean over her shoulder. She seemed to know what she was doing for the most part, but there were a few bits and pieces of the design that would need to be fixed by someone who actually knew what they were doing.
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Sister Sites
Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings Maelstrom: You create the galaxy The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play