Welcome to World of Remnant! Please register with your ooc account first. Character accounts should be registered with the character's first and last name (ex. Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long).

Enter the world of Remnant.

Members Log In

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Welcome
Welcome to World of Remnant. We are an AU, no-wordcount RWBY roleplay beginning at the conclusion of Volume 3. The Fall Maiden is dead, her powers in the hands of the enemy. Beacon Academy has fallen, and Vale is soon to fall itself. The Vytal Festival is a disaster; thousands dead, many more injured. Grimm populations are at an ever-present surplus. What dire circumstances has Remnant fallen prey to?

Updates
03.10.17: Due to a lack of their usage, we've removed the update boxes, and we will be returning to old style updates for the time being! We've also removed our Twitter button and our Facebook button as our Twitter and Facebook pages are rarely used.

02.10.17: STAFF SEARCH has been added! We're looking for up to 3 new staff members to prepare for the influx coming into Volume 5, so be prepared for that! We need all hands on deck to get a few systems going before the volume starts, as we'll be making some changes to combat abilities and combat apps, so stay tuned!

Census
Group MFNTotal
Solitas Citizen 00 00 00 00
Atlas Military 00 01 00 01
Schnee Dust 00 00 00 00
Atlas Academy 07 08 01 16
Helios Academy 01 01 00 01
Anima Citizen 00 01 00 01
Haven Academy 06 09 00 15
Sanctum Academy 01 02 00 03
W. Sanus Citizen 01 00 00 01
Shade Academy 06 09 00 15
Shadow Academy 01 02 00 03
E. Sanus Citizen 00 00 00 00
Beacon Academy 05 09 00 14
Signal Academy 00 00 00 00
White Fang 05 05 00 10
Assault Faction 01 01 00 02
Hunter 11 16 00 27
Menagerie 00 00 00 00
Unaffiliated 00 00 00 00
Totals 45 64 01 110
Members 22
Staff
Saskalead administrator
Maryadministrator
Ayaadministrator
Dorianlead moderator
Fireseekermoderator
Ashmoderator
OPENmoderator
Credits
Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Closed
New Poll

A Lot to Take In, Mask
Tauphe Maddox
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 10:57 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Huntsman academies often had all walks of life and types of people to the point where campuses all around had tiny little splashes of every color ever and every person ever. The academies in Atlas was a little more special. There was this dichotomy to Atlas Academy that made the other schools so different. Contrast.

Hunting academies attracted the wide eyed adventurers, the people who grew up dreaming of defending their little villages or taking up the family tradition of sticking a Grimm with something sharp or bashing it until it stopped moving. Now, Atlas Academy has that crowd as well, no use arguing that and all the better for it. The contrast however were the army brats, the prep school kids, the aristocrats dotting certain sections of the school.

On one hand, you had these strict students who practically stay in formation even out of class and have this near robotic rigidity towards them. On the other, you had this stuck up rich kids who have never had to have a hard day in their lives joining because of the prestige of having the Atlas Academy name under their belt. And then you had these wild eyed wanderers so full of life and eccentricity that it was astonishing. All of these types, all of these colors, people who would normally stand nowhere near each other come together as teams to help each other follow their dreams. It was wonderful.

Tauphe was a military kid himself. Less aggressive or straight faced, but he had discipline drilled into him as early as he could remember. He didn't know much about the other kinds of students. As the son of a decorated family with several ranked officers, Tauphe pretty much only ever met people the same as him. Rich kids were the benefactors of the army such as the Schnees and were to be held with the utmost regard provided they were honorable towards the troops. They were the type Tauphe was taught to keep on a pedestal of sorts. The future huntsmen however were wild. They were the unknown. They had their own goals, they could come and go as they pleased, they were that x variable that was different to solve and as such should be treated cautiously.

But the Academy was different. All walks of life living together to the point where all kids were just...kids. And it was wonderful. Tauphe absentmindedly walked across the campus, sword at his side as he took in such a wonderful new environment he found himself in. Who knows what was in store for him? The answer to that question happened to be immediately answered by clumsily walking into someone and falling on his ass, looking up at who knocked him down.

"Oh my apologies. I was just taking things in. The name's Tauphe Madoxx, Greatest Swordsman in the World! How do you do? Who are you?" his attempt at a mature tone of voice failed tremendously from the foolishness of his words and his singing enthusiasm behind his smile.

Mask
^
Rick Lonan
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 11:57 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

I'll teach you to be strong;
We'll beat things like true MEN.
Now hide behind me and don't get hurt.
Rick was having a generally bad day. He had spent the morning in boring classes, and was now preparing to spend the afternoon in more boring classes. He thought that as he moved through school he would start getting more action, but instead, it seemed to be simply more of the same. On the plus side, they got to take more missions, and that filled his craving for pounding in the heads of Grimm rather well. Still, if he could do it more on a day to day basis rather than every now and then, he'd be a much happier person.

The man walked through the halls of the school on the way to his next class, his girth and steely exterior keeping most away, and his scowling expression keeping the rest out of his path. He knew he was gorgeous and terrifying, and he was going to use his appearance to the best of his ability around the school. It had earned him quite the reputation amongst others, and it kept them from trying to match up with him. The could never do so anyways, he was too amazing.

And then someone ran into him. He didn't even move from the contact, but whoever had run into him bounced backwards, falling on his rear. There was definitely an advantage to being well muscled that the boy had yet to learn. The man scowled down at him, a cold look in his eyes. "Watch where you're going, kid. In the field, you'd be dead by now.

He reached down and grabbed the boy by his upper arm, yanking him to his feet. His scowl never left his face as he shook his head; was this seriously the type of material they accepted into the prestigious Atlas Academy now? They must truly be desperate to fill in the ranks after everything that happened at Beacon. The size of their army and the number of people accepted into the school had increased, though he didn't think that standards were going to be lowered in favor of numbers. "Kid, you need to get your head on straight if you want to be here. Don't make false boasts or someone will kick your ass so hard you'll taste your own butthole."

Harsh advice was all the man could really give this poor boy. He wasn't exactly going to take the time to teach him a lesson himself, as it wasn't worth his time, but he didn't want the boy thinking that he could go around introducing himself like that without reprecussions. The first years at Atlas were really a mess this time around.
Tags: Crevan
^
Tauphe Maddox
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 09:48 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

"Oh don't worry, my eyes are like a hawk in battle." he replied, standing up and squinting and surveying the campus around him before returning to eye contact with the large man. He was quite the beefy guy. He looked admittedly, like some mercenary criminal type. The type you'd imagine to be the bully before he even did anything. Tauphe's small, feminine stature and long hair contrasting the big guy did not help much either.

His remarks about Tauphe's skill did not help with that. Occasionally when such a thing was said, Tauphe would challenge that person to a duel to demonstrate his skills. Sometimes he'd win, sometimes he'd lose. His excuse for losing often boiled down to You were the better fighter. But I said I was the best swordsman. It's different. To say his ego was highly defensive was a rather large understatement. The primary reason why he was not picking a fight now was because he was made to promise to avoid such things in his new school if the issue was negligible.

"And I make no false boasts. If I claim my strength with my blade, I am fully prepared to defend that statement with the very same sword. My family's specialty is the art of katana based combat as well as the dying art of the duel."

Now he was almost hugging his sheathed sword like someone would cuddle a kitten. "And with this sword I shall carve my own destiny and earn the prestige and all the duties attached to it. I, a noble arm to protect the many citizens of Atlas! I will forever learn and grow to meet that goal. And cut away all opposition to my goal." when he got to cutting away opposition, he gave a brief grumpy glare at the man. Delusions of knightly grandeur was par for the course for the poor boy.
Mask
^
Rick Lonan
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 03:48 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Rick rolled his eyes, this kid was quite ridiculous. He was surprised that the incredibly feminine boy even dared to stand up against him; they weren't even in the same league. This kid better be some sort of super agile fighter if he wanted to survive in this school without any sort of muscle. But, if he kept boasting like that, even the most agile of fighters would still have his ass handed to him in time. It didn't matter how good you were with a sword if you were fighting against someone older and stronger than you. Experience spoke volumes in a real fight.

"If your specialty is dueling, then you're in the wrong place, kid. We don't duel here. This is a school for people that are learning to fight monsters. Monsters have no honor. They just want to kill you. And if you try to duel them, you will die. You're wasting everyone's time if that's all you can do," the large man replied with a growl, frowning at the boy. While he seemed rather loud and generally grumpy, Rick was actually a very kind soul. He cared about people deeply, his team and his fellow students above all else. It got him in trouble a lot when it came to conflict; he'd push his team back to try and take all the damage for them. He'd rather weather the storm or die than let his friends and family get hurt. He was their shield above all else. And this boy, this boy was someone he would worry about if they ever ended up fighting together. He was the type of child that would get hurt in a fight quite easily if he didn't learn to keep his ego under control. And Rick wouldn't stand very well for that.

The man scowled down at him, glaring into his eyes. He was going to do his best to pound the fact that what they did here was dangerous and not a game into the boy's head. "With that sword and your attitude you will die out there. You need to check your ego at the door and learn how to survive, because your job isn't to cut away opposition or earn prestige- it's to save lives. And you save those lives by killing the creatures of Grimm. And they will eat you alive unless you learn that you will never match up to them on your own. There is always something out there bigger than you, stronger than you, and nastier than you. Got it, kid?"
^
Tauphe Maddox
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 04:20 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Tauphe's eyebrow twitched in frustration."Of course I don't intend to just fight off Grimm in a duel. I don't expect honor in a soulless beast. But you forget, there is now a human and faunus element to our landscape now. Knowing how to fight other huntsman and soldiers is important now, maybe even more important than fighting the Grimm since they have become the hand which guides the Grimm. And of course I don't even expect them to fight honorably. But that's what will separate us from them,our refusal to play by their own violent rules. With honor and disciplined learned in arts such as dueling and other practices and pastimes we show ourselves as better."

He looked at his slender delicate looking hands wrapped around the sheathe of his sword,"We need not only strength to win,we need honor and mercy to lead us to victory. And with these hands I will do what I can to make it so."

When the man said there would always be things bigger and stronger than him, Tauphe looked at the man who was also bigger and stronger than him with resolute eyes, the type of stare that stood behind an immovable object. "I would never run out to my death if I can avoid it. But if a Grimm, White Fang, or any other evil gets in the way of my team or the people I am charged to care for, I will not back down. I will show my strength and claim my victory or die trying. If one is not prepared to die for this cause, they should not be part of a life that decides the fates of others."

And suddenly, as if to break this noble outlook and any signs of strength or maturity he may have displayed despite his naivete, "And also, I just designed this new sword, and it is totally awesome and will be so much better than my old one at handling mobs of enemies. And once I really master the possibilities of my semblance, boy that'll be something! A great swordsman needs a great sword and ability after all."

"What's your name by the way? We've been getting into such deep matters and I don't even know you." asked Tauphe, his large friendly eyes demonstrating the wonder and innocence of his youth.
Mask
^
Rick Lonan
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 04:57 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Rick's scowl deepened. How dare this child suggest that he had forgotten anything about the world. This boy didn't know the first thing about what was going on in the world; at best, he had seen it on the news. Rick had lived through the Vytal tournament. He had been there as White Fang and Grimm ripped apart friends and ravaged the city of Vale. This boy was obviously quite dense, as he didn't understand what was being told to him at all. It was their job to fight monsters. The faunus that destroyed Beacon were just that- monsters. They fought with no honor, and would kill even a child. But, the boy needed to learn to combat Grimm before he would be able to even get close to standing up to threats like that. And as it was, he would die out there.

He decided then and there that class was going to have to wait. He needed to teach this child a lesson before someone bigger and meaner than him did. Not that there were many of those out there, but still, he wouldn't want a little first year getting hurt because of his dumb ego. The man grabbed the boy by the back of his shirt and lifted him up, carrying him out of the building and to the chilly exterior of the school. Once they were far enough away that he felt comfortable, he set the boy down and pushed him into sitting on a rock. The man propped his leg on the rock, towering over the small child and scowled again.

"Listen, kid. You are here to learn, so I'm going to teach you something real quick. No one cares about your sword or your supposed skills. You prove your worth here. You prove it by understanding that you don't know anything, and that by the time you leave, you'll only know a little less than nothing. Stop trying to be the hero, and learn how to not die. Go out and show people that you can fight rather than saying you can. Words are worthless, actions last forever."

He stepped back, giving the boy some space and turned away from him. He looked up at the sky, sliding his hands in his pocket. He could only hope the kid would listen to him. He needed to, or else he was going to get hurt, and that was the last thing that the man wanted. He hated it when others got hurt, that's why he didn't let his team take too many chances. It was so much safer then. He could take the hits so that they didn't have to, and he wouldn't lose anyone again. "I'm Rick, by the way."
^
Tauphe Maddox
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 05:25 PM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

"Wha-Hey!" Tauphe yelled out as the man grabbed him by the collar and just began to carry him loosely in the air. He flailed his arms about trying to get him to let go. He could have done more. But he knew he shouldn't instigate anything. The guy did not seem intent on hurting him. Tauphe however hated just being picked up like that. Due to his size, it was not uncommon for his brothers to have done that when he was younger. It was immediately humiliating and took away any sense of power.

He looked at Rick as he listened to his little speech. Tauphe tried to hold back his frustration. Just because he had not been on the front lines did not mean he had no idea what was going on. His life was a military life. He was taught basic army training at a young age that would be taxing even for many adults enlisting. His father and brothers had all been in active service, many of them even in a commanding position. Tauphe knew this wasn't a game. He heard stories from them. He'd hide several times and listen in on his father's discussions, the lives he had to sacrifice for a greater good, friends that he knew all his life suddenly gone forever. He'd seen his older brothers in hospitals from the wounds they would come home with. He'd watch his mother shut down anytime someone in the family was shipping back out. Just because Tauphe tried to keep a positive attitude to keep himself strong and confident about the future he was heading towards didn't mean he was a total fool. He knew he had some issues to work out, perhaps even things he didn't even know about. But hearing it from some stranger...

"Well Rick, I appreciate what you are trying to do..." his fists clenched "But you don't know anything about me! And if you want to be some sort of protector that can lecture others, maybe you should learn about others first?"
Mask
^
Rick Lonan
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 02:14 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Rick looked at the sky, his jaw clenched angrily. He didn't understand how anyone that came to a school like this could be so ignorant and annoying. The world was a dangerous place for people that knew how to take care of themselves. It was even more dangerous for civilians. But, it was the most dangerous for people that thought they knew everything and had an ego the size of an inflated walrus. Those were the people that got killed, which frustrated people like him. He had come to this academy not out of some misplaced sense of duty or honor, but because he couldn't bear how many people died each day because of Grimm. He didn't want to see anyone die ever again at the hands of those monsters, and he was going to do whatever he could to make wipe them out once he got out of school. They would feel his wrath, and he would protect the people. No one was going to lose their parents the way that he lost his if he had anything to say about it.

He turned back around and picked up the kid again, ignoring whatever the child said. The boy didn't know anything, obviously, and that was going to get him killed. That meant that Rick needed to teach him a lesson that he'd never forget. And he intended to do just that. The man walked to the edge of the school grounds, a sense of purpose in his step. They had a forest not too far from the school, at the base of what could be considered a large cliff. He calmly walked to the edge of the cliff, dropped the boy off of it, and turned around, heading back home. He had complete faith that the kid would survive the fall and the Grimm that lived in he woods, and that he would come home in a few hours. After all, he couldn't be tactically inept if he was attending Atlas Academy. However, he hoped that it would teach the child some common sense and to stop being an egotistical brat.

The man wiped his hands off and walked back to the academy, thinking about lunch. He would be able to make it to the cafeteria in time to get food, and he was awfully hungry after his walk. He just hoped that they had something tasty today...
End Thread
^
Tauphe Maddox
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 02:54 AM

BP
Weapon
Semblance

Who would have thought that dropping an upset kid off a cliff could make him more upset? The answer being, of course, what else would the result be? Trying to play polite and nice got him nowhere no matter how hard he tried to talk things out. Rick didn't seem to respect much such as strong principles or effort. Maybe people like him only respect one thing. Strength.

As he fell, he looked down to see the Grimm scuttling through the woods. The cliff was not too high so as the bottom could not be viewed. But the drop could indeed be very painful. He didn't have time to use his semblance to help him. He had to think fast. And that he did. In a split second, Tauphe whipped out his sword from it's scabbard and thrust into the wall of the cliff, slowly sliding down, decreasing the speed of his fall, before eventually stopping somewhere in the middle between the top of the cliff and the bottom. He dangled for a moment, tightly holding on to his sword. He looked up, it felt so far away. He looked down, that was not any better was it?

Fighting alone in an unfamiliar terrain was a dumb idea. Could he do it if he had to? Tauphe nodded yes to this question with no doubt in his mind. However, what would be the benefit in engaging in an unnecessary battle where nothing was gained?

Tauphe took a deep breath, planted his feet on the wall of the cliffside, and pulled out his sword. Instead of allowing himself to fall, he used those feet he planted firmly to run. He ran up the wall as fast as he could, when feeling himself losing momentum and about to fall off, he whipped out his sword again and stabbed the wall once more. He continued to do this, occasionally taking breaks from it by sitting balanced on the back of the blade.

Tauphe's sword was wider than most katanas. The reason being was that it was not one solitary blade. It was two. The sword was forked into two prongs with a gap in between them. This left the sword's width slightly bigger. It was not easy resting perfectly balanced on such a thing of course. But simple things such as balance was heavily taught and emphasized in his home teachings as well as junior academy training. When you lose balance, you lose your ground. In this case, if he lost his balance, he'd gain ground. That ground being a long drop and a sudden stop.

The climb back up was not easy, and it took longer than he would have liked. But this perseverance made things quicker and safer than the alternative, though this was possibly more exhausting. When Tauphe eventually reached the top, he stopped to catch his breath. After sheathing his sword, he knew what he had to do. Where did he go?

He walked through the Academy grounds for a while until finding Rick again. Considering his height and looks, he stood out even from such a colorful crowd that were the students around here.

His clothes slightly scuffed up and dirty as was were his hands, his hair was an absolute stringy mess. Tauphe huffed and seethed with an anger that one would expect would be too big for such a small boy. A deep breath, and then "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TOUGH IT IS TO CLIMB UP THE FACE OF A CLIFF WHILE STILL HAVING ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE IT TO CLASS?"

He panted, then his shoulders relaxed as did his overall posture. "I mean, is this what you do to everyone you have a disagreement with? Just throw 'em off a cliff! Problem fuckin' solved am am I right? No problems here, absolutely not! Derr look at me, I'm Rick the Dick over here trying to kill freshman. Just your typical initiation nothing to worry about here!"

He then flopped onto the floor and just laid on his back looking up at Rick with tired but fiery eyes.
Mask
^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates

Chatbox