Push Menu State is
World of Remnant -> End of the dream tether
  • Staff
    Wanted Canons
    HIGH PRIORITY CANONS

MEDIUM PRIORITY CANONS

LOW PRIORITY CANONS
  • About Us
    World of Remnant is an AU, post-Volume 3 roleplay. Opened in February of 2016, World of Remnant diverges from the Volume 3 storyline around the Fall of Beacon, with storyline changes that drive our site in a different direction. We constantly update with new canons as they are revealed in the RWBY series, as well as lore updates as we learn more about Remnant's world. We boast an expanded lore and a dedicated administrative team that gives depth to Remnant for a roleplay perspective.

With an 18+ community, World of Remnant boasts an atmosphere of 'quality over quantity' in our apps, posts, and plots; we have no word count, though it is expected that members will post healthy and thorough posts without being locked down by the dreaded 'word count' of their post. With a simplified combat system that uses no stats, World of Remnant remains a story-focused, alternate-universe timeline with RWBY canons and a plethora of original characters.

Updates
    06.16.2018: We've added more than a few new things as of the past day or so! Make sure you check out the Advertising Contest, and while you're at it, take a look at our latest Site Newsletter. The newsletter has a lot of information that was added, so if you haven't checked it out, make sure you do so you're up to date on things!

06.07.2018: After much long and arduous work, World of Remnant has finally revealed its newest skin, called Let's Just Live. The new skin is part of a fresher, more advanced layout compared to our old layout, while still retaining the readability and contrast our other layouts were well-known for. There are three more skins planned for the next series: This Life Is Mine, featuring Weiss Schnee, Like Morning Follows Night featuring Blake, and Armed And Ready featuring Yang. We do not have any tentative release dates for these upcoming skins, but stay tuned for them regardless!

Current Time
    Remnant's current month is
    SEPTEMBER, YEAR 3
    The second term has begun at all academies, and after a short break between terms, students are gearing up to attend the 41st Vytal Festival. This year, it is hosted on the neutral island of Vytal, as opposed to being hosted in one of the four Kingdoms.
  • Credits
    Site skin and graphics created by Saska exclusively for use on World of Remnant. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution is strictly prohibited. JQuery tabbed code and toggle cbox code by Kismet.

RWBY universe belongs to Monty Oum and the team at RoosterTeeth Productions. All original characters belong to their respective owners.

Want to help us pay for Jcink Premium, our custom domain, or our premium Cboxes? Donate below!

Closed
New Poll

End of the dream tether, Amare Rosae & Rebekah Balachandra

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Amare Rosea
 Posted on: Apr 11 2018, 03:04 PM
Soft sunlight spiralled through the air to soak the grounds of Haven academy as students went about their business, the day slowly drawing to an end. Teams mingled, laughter and conversation filled the air. All around the school people went about their daily lives, some with urgency others less so. Beneath a broad oak tree, Amare found himself sprawled out with a book over his face, one knee raised skyward. Snoring. Dreams swirled through his hazy mind as the roots of the tree dug into his back, his head at an odd angle. He dreamed of Grimm and an androgynous phantom doing battle in the ruins of the academy, his own weapons were gone and all he could do was scream to run. To save themselves, he truly did not know whether they were a man or a woman, he couldn't even see their face.

His coat hung wide open to reveal his buttoned-up waistcoat, pristine white shirt and the four belts wrapped around his hips and waist. His chest rose and fell softly as he lay with shafts of sunlight swirling through the leafy canopy above, completely and utterly oblivious as he rested in perhaps one of his favourite napping spots. The shelter from the sun, the sounds of the world around him and the clear lack of motivation all combined to make napping here one of his favourites past times, sometimes he would wake up to find groups of girls nearby pretending they weren't staring at him and sometimes he would even wake up with said girls practically on top of him, other days he would wake up alone and go back to reading whatever tome he fancied that day, even if the school library was quite literally filled with dry and dull literature.

Saska
^
Haven
Human
Female
EMBR
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Student

A+

Height

Handedness

5'5"

Right

Birthday

Partner

May 8

Mikado

Rebekah Balachandra
 Posted on: Apr 12 2018, 01:07 AM
CAN IT BE
I'M NOT MEANT TO PLAY THIS PART?
WHO IS THAT GIRL I SEE STARING straight BACK AT ME? WHY IS MY REFLECTION SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW? somehow I cannot HIDE WHO I AM, though I'VE TRIED. WHEN WILL MY REFLECTION SHOW WHO I AM INSIDE?
Quiet and silence. That was all Rebekah wanted. All she asked for. To be left alone. That was... Hard, at Haven Academy. Some of the girls around Haven were just here to see the guys, and that was it. All they wanted was eye candy. Granted, she couldn't blame them; there were a lot of nice guys to look at. Unfortunately, for Bekah, disguising herself as "Robyn"... That meant she fell into the 'would like to stare at' category.

And good god, did she attract attention. Her softer, almost feminine features somehow made her boyish compared to some of the others, and for some uncanny reason, some girls were into that. Too many by Bekah's standards. They liked to swarm her, fawning over her and seeing if they could convince her to go on a date... At this rate, she'd just have to convince them she was interested in men... Or perhaps interested in neither. If she did the former, then she might just change from women to men fawning over her, and in her case, that would be a lot more... difficult for her to resist.

A conundrum, to say the least.

So she'd taken to one of her favourite trees, where she could climb high up in the branches and nobody would see her. She was totally out of sight, and very few people decided to come out this far, anyway. She'd holed up wit her Scroll and a couple of textbooks, quietly studying away as she went through her notes. She finished much quicker than she'd thought, and took to admiring the view, looking out over the school grounds.

Haven Academy... it was so much different than Atlas. The atmosphere entirely was different; people were less... stuck-up, if she had to put it in simple terms. There were a few, of course, who acted like that, but they were far and few between. Despite that... She still missed Atlas. She missed the beautiful snow, the way each snowflake was different... Even catching snowflakes on her tongue when she was a kid. Snow angels, snowmen with stick arms... Not that they'd had too many opportunities for that, but she still missed seeing them around.

But most of all, she missed her twin. The only family she had left, and they were separated. Grumbling as she felt the homesickness start to creep up on her, Bekah decided now was the time to go. She carefully crawled down from the tree, lifting herself down from the branches. What she didn't expect, however, was someone else to be under the tree; he was out of sight almost til she reached the last branch, and at the very last second, she had to swing herself out of the way so as not to land on him.

"Gah!" Her foot didn't land quite right as she'd immediately changed her trajectory, and she was off-balance, staggering to catch herself. It was no use; she wobbled back and forth, eventually falling forward until she crashed right on top of the sleeping student. It definitely wasn't a comfortable landing, for either of them; and it was quite embarrassing, too.

"Ow..."

??? WORDS
NOTES
notes n stoof
CREDIT TO ARIA
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Amare Rosea
 Posted on: Apr 12 2018, 05:07 AM
The fitful dreams continued to hold Amare in their grasp, shifting shadows always stopping him from finding his answers like every night for the last four months, the same dreams about Grim and strange figures swathed in shifting spectres and visions. It felt like chasing smoke though there was no fear only curiosity. He shifted slightly in his sleep as the dreams continued to unfold and grunted slightly then the world rushed into his dreams, just as he was about to get answers, and pain shot through his chest and abdomen. The air in his lungs rushed up in a strangled groan as Silver eyes flew open. He squirmed beneath the other student, coughing and spluttering in surprise until finally his breath returned and his vision cleared to reveal a young man, a pretty young man of similar age and slight build.

His throat was still hoarse from his rather rude, and painful, awakening as he reached up with his free arm to retrieve his book from it's landing site then scrubbed the hand through his hair, tousling the white mess and blinking "Um, ow dude... y'mind?" he grumbled, even with the hoarseness and attempting to sound agitated his voice still held it's airy and carefree quality "Wanna y'know get off me man?" as he tried to worm his way from beneath him, well unbeknownst to him her, and free himself to return to his book or his nap.

Saska
^
Haven
Human
Female
EMBR
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Student

A+

Height

Handedness

5'5"

Right

Birthday

Partner

May 8

Mikado

Rebekah Balachandra
 Posted on: Apr 12 2018, 04:14 PM
CAN IT BE
WHO IS THAT GIRL I SEE STARING straight BACK AT ME? WHY IS MY REFLECTION SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW? somehow I cannot HIDE WHO I AM, though I'VE TRIED. WHEN WILL MY REFLECTION SHOW WHO I AM INSIDE?
Bekah was in an internal panic. Her little outburst had been out of the blue, and that meant she hadn't exactly sounded masculine like she should have. She wasn't used to adopting a more masculine-sounding voice, so when she was startled like that, it made it particularly... difficult. At least her landing had been partly broken by the man beneath her... Or rather, fellow student. She grumbled under her breath as she tried to sit up, looking at the silver-haired student with a frown as she did. For some reason, she really didn't like being called 'dude'. It sounded so... Lazy, so unprofessional. She was supposed to be a man, for crying out loud!

"Sorry. But shouldn't you be sleeping somewhere more suitable than under a tree?" She asked, frowning at him as her eyebrows creased. His eyes were... Silver. That was intriguing, to say the least. Silver wasn't a very common colour, but for some reason, they seemed to have a unique... glow to them. She realized she was sitting at such an angle that things could very much be construed differently, so she quickly disentangled herself, brushing herself off, as best she could.

She glanced around, feeling awkward. She'd apologized at least, right? Guys weren't exactly the mushy type. She had to keep the act up. She couldn't be sweet and apologetic, not with how she was disguising herself now. Was she thinking too hard about this, maybe? Damn it, Bekah, she scolded herself, coughing to clear her throat. It was then that she noticed the book... Was he reading it? Her eyes went wide, seeing the title on the cover. The condition if it. Was that..?

"Whoa -- Is that a first-edition copy of the first book in the Ballad of the Tigress quartet?" She blurted out, pointing at the book. She'd been looking for a first-edition set for the longest time; she wondered, was it his own, or from the library?

??? WORDS
NOTES
This is the series she is referencing. Just Remnant's version.
CREDIT TO ARIA
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Amare Rosea
 Posted on: Apr 12 2018, 05:17 PM

Even sprawled beneath another student Amare just did not seem to care, he just wanted to go back to reading or napping and the uncomfortable situation he found himself in appeared to just be an inconvenience, anybody watching the entire thing unfold would probably think he just didn't give a damn and to be quite frank, he didn't. The initial shock of the impact was painful but now he was just uncomfortable and unable to worm his way out from under the other student. They were just a tangle of limbs and frustration, one that translated to a lazily frustrated look on his face. "Ugh..." he grumbled, still pinned in place.

Once Amare was free of the other student he breathed a sigh of relief and began preening, straightening out his jacket and waistcoat... messing up his hair even more and then picking up his book, brushing off the well-loved tome carefully and half-heartedly glaring at the other student "Nah dude, best spot to nap see nobody bothers me here, least not till you went full chimp and dropped in on me. 'Ppreciate it, by the way, climbing trees ... generally not appreciated by the tree or the folks beneath." and then, free from the fellow students burdensome body Amare went to open his book again, cocking one leg up and letting the other lay flush against the ground.

He paused however when the dude just kept on going, this time highlighting the title of the novel and the edition "Uh yeah, it's a first dition. Got a fair few first editions, I like to read and I like to have the best quality. Call it my vice, that and the peace and quiet to read beneath my favourite tree where I rather like napping, shade and all that is pretty great for nappin'"
template by saska for use only on world of remnant. do not reuse without permission.

Saska
^
Haven
Human
Female
EMBR
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Student

A+

Height

Handedness

5'5"

Right

Birthday

Partner

May 8

Mikado

Rebekah Balachandra
 Posted on: Apr 15 2018, 06:52 PM
CAN IT BE
Rebekah grunted and frowned at this kid. Trees were generally fine with being climbed; after all, if they weren't, they wouldn't have grown that way, as far as she was concerned. Perhaps he shouldn't have picked a tree to sleep under, or at least made himself a little more obvious. She wanted to scoff at him, but she couldn't do that, not to someone who happened to be holding a first edition copy of her favourite book series.

She paused. Wait, did that make her sound like some strange fangirl? Mentally Bekah shook herself. Great. Here she was, supposed to be keeping up a disguise, and she was failing spectacularly at it. Good thing she didn't even know who this student was, or she might have just about revealed herself. She glanced down at him again, pondering. Admittedly, he was kind of cute... And in the small tousle they'd had, she could tell he was definitely built like a huntsman. Damn it, Bekah, she scolded herself, wishing it would be entirely normal to slap herself back into shape.

"Huh..?" She commented, raising an eyebrow when he said that reading was his vice. "What?" Her eyes went wide for a split-second, before she coughed, focusing on keeping her voice low. She had almost forgotten to drop the tone of her voice again. "I wouldn't say reading is a vice. First-editions are hard to come by, and the quality of them is exquisite. It's difficult to find anyone who appreciates good literature to that degree." She realized she was talking more than usual, and her cheeks flushed in embarassment.

"Sorry. I'll... maybe let you get back to your nap, or... whatever." Bekah bit her lip. "I do apologize for disturbing you." She awkwardly bowed her head politely, moving to take her leave.

??? WORDS
NOTES
o-o
CREDIT TO ARIA
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Amare Rosea
 Posted on: Apr 17 2018, 06:53 AM

The corner of each page brushed lightly against Amare's thumb as he brushed the pad across the pages frowning, this student was a curiosity. The way they seemed to be second guessing everything including how much to talk and the voice cracks, decidedly feminine and yet he was as much a man as Amare, or so it seemed. A pretty man but a man, all the same, Amare studied Bekah carefully with a frown "I wasn't being serious, reading is merely a way to pass the time and I prefer the best quality so it makes sense to buy first editions," Amare said softly shaking his head "And you don't have to run away just... don't drop out of a tree on me again and come chill, look like you're a bit wound up." then he sighed.

After a few moments of thought, Amare sat up and held the book out to him with a half-cocked smile "Since you seem to get all bunched up about the idea of a first addition," he said softly, shaking the book in Bekah's direction gently "Why don't you borrow it, I mean not hard to find me when you're done given I am pretty much always here avoiding well... everything that involves anything but reading and nappin'." Amare was aware of his reputation for putting everything down to chill out and do his own thing, too many people muttered about how strong he was and all of that hogwash but he didn't care.
"D'you need a drink dude? Your voice keeps cracking..."

template by saska for use only on world of remnant. do not reuse without permission.

Saska
^
Haven
Human
Female
EMBR
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Student

A+

Height

Handedness

5'5"

Right

Birthday

Partner

May 8

Mikado

Rebekah Balachandra
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 12:24 AM
CAN IT BE
And there she was, having taken the situation far too seriously. Good job, Bex, you're clearly an expert at this, she scolded herself, grumbling internally. But he offered for her to come hang out, and for a moment, she hesitated. She barely knew him, and she wasn't exactly the most sociable of butterflies out there. But he offered the book, and she couldn't say no. She took it carefully, doing her best to contain her internal glee. The main heroine of the book had been the inspiration for what she was doing at the moment, after all... She had to treat this book with care and consideration, not only because it was a first edition, but because it wasn't hers.

He asked if she needed a drink, and then mentioned that her voice kept cracking. Shit, she thought to herself. Was she really that obvious? Damn, that was going to be a problem. She had to get better at the whole voice thing, and fast, if she wanted this guise to keep working. Biting her lip, she sat down, shaking her head and making sure she kept her voice carefully lowered. "No, it's just... allergies," she lied, faking a sigh. "Around this time of year my throat just gets scraggly. My brother likes to tease me about it, saying I sound like a little girl." She rolled her eyes, then realized she hadn't even bothered to introduce herself.

"Name's Robyn, by the way. Robyn Balachandra." It felt so weird, calling herself a totally different name. If she hadn't kept her cool, she might've slipped and called herself Rebekah out of pure habit. Damn it, this is harder than I'd expected, she grumbled to herself, wishing her guise was much easier to keep up. And she hadn't even got to the really difficult part... Finding time to bathe when there was nobody else around. She had to use the boys' showers, and she had to hope they weren't bold enough to start haggling her. It was for that reason she'd started bathing at odd hours, just to avoid people as much as necessary.

"You?"

??? WORDS
NOTES
o-o
CREDIT TO ARIA
PM
^

Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Height

Handedness

Birthday

Partner

Amare Rosea
 Posted on: Apr 25 2018, 07:19 PM

Amare watched from behind his thick, long white hair as Robyn took the book and he frowned. Robyn held the book like a sacred relic, a fragile one at that, which held some amusement for him. Of course, the book was expensive, first editions were always expensive but that did not warrant such tenderness and care. He shrugged as the other student brought up allergies, a convenient excuse but a valid one, and simply leaned back into his nest.

"Amare," he answered softly, looking at his new companion again "Amare Rosea. Can't take anything for your allergies or what? Cause I hate when my throat gets dry and scratchy, it's probably the worst thing going. Can't quite breath or talk right, voice wobbling and cracking. Yeah, anyway I'd appreciate you not stomping me or landin' on me next time cause that hurt. I'd recommend chillin' at the bottom with a good book, or napping, rather than climbing." then he yawned and stretched out, his neck clicking loudly.

"What year you in any way?"

Saska
^
Haven
Human
Female
EMBR
Race
Team

Lien

Occupation

Blood Type

Student

A+

Height

Handedness

5'5"

Right

Birthday

Partner

May 8

Mikado

Rebekah Balachandra
 Posted on: May 10 2018, 10:40 PM
CAN IT BE
Did he tell her not to climb? Clearly, he had no idea of the benefits of climbing. "First year," she said gruffly, gently running her thumb along the pages of the book she now held. "Team EMBR. And I'm hiding from the rest of my team out there. My partner I swear is living in a fantasy world, our leader's just trying to mother every one of us all the time... It's overbearing." She groaned audibly, leaning back against the tree.

"Now you might understand why I'm usually up in the tree. If I'm down here, they'll see me. If I'm up there, at least I can be hidden by the leaves, and there's no damned way they'll find me easily. Besides... The view's kind of nice." She pondered that. She felt friendly, for some odd reason, and she bit her lip in contemplation. Stuffing the book into her bag, she slung it back over her shoulder, standing up as she beckoned to Amare.

"C'mon. Lemme show you why I'm all the way up there." She beckoned again, reaching up as she easily pulled herself up into the first branches of the tree. As she moved up, she made sure to guide him, letting him know which branches were steady and which were not. By the time they were at least ten, maybe fifteen feet up, she found her perch, gesturing to the branch just below her. "That one's thick enough you can easily sit and read a book on it. The rest kinda cushion it, so you can kind of nap on it. Sit down and take a look."

??? WORDS
NOTES
o-o
CREDIT TO ARIA
PM
^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Sister Sites
Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings Maelstrom: You create the galaxy The Duality of Man: an animanga fantasy role-play DigiCode